Top Gun 2019 - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-09-2018, 09:52 AM   #41
microvax

Thanks Moltar and Vatikus and Stuge for the open ears, on my proposal.
Plot twist comes now though, the index I proposed and used in the past doesn't work like I thought it did and in fact thus doesn't do what I intended it to do. That it did show improved results in terms of tighter groupings in more performance categories over purely time indexed fuel loads was basically luck.

I did try to come up with a few other performance indexes, to actually do what I wanted them to do but in the end I came to the conclusion that without spending much more time on building a more complex metric, or introducing other constraints to the rules, endurance is pretty much the best bet to have a fight between dissimilar platforms.

So my suggestion is actually to change nothing about the way the fuel loads are indexed.
So mark this one in your calendars.

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?
microvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #42
Stuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatikus View Post
regarding Microvax's post... no.3 ... I agree that time based fuel index limit is a flawed approach to making things more "fair" as it skews T/W relative performance. It is prone to end with one plane having UFO advantage in a duel.

I look forward to read Microvax's suggestion
With the current settings, the "UFO advantage" lies with the F-18C, the rest of the aircraft are somewhat balanced. Nerfing the F18 somehow is an option to consider...

We've done combat testing with these fuel settings, and a testament to their validity is that we've had several dissimilar fights that end up with mutual flameout at pretty much the same time!
Old 12-10-2018, 04:31 PM   #43
Vatikus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuge View Post
With the current settings, the "UFO advantage" lies with the F-18C, the rest of the aircraft are somewhat balanced. Nerfing the F18 somehow is an option to consider...

We've done combat testing with these fuel settings, and a testament to their validity is that we've had several dissimilar fights that end up with mutual flameout at pretty much the same time!
I fully understand that full fair fight cannot happen in DACT, which is simply put - fine & desired.
Fighting weight differences however can pose unrealistic advantage in some cases. Since time limited round is prolly not desired as is not too direct active judging, the proposed fuel variable is ok to go with by me and we can see how it will turn out for any tweaks regarding next event...

Speaking of F18... have you tested dual rack pylons and their impact on performance?
Old 12-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #44
DackSter94

Event: 1v1
Squadron Name: RvE
Teamspeak/Discord: RvE Discord
Contact person: =RvE=DackSter94
Aircraft Selection: Mig-29
Pilots:
UK - =RvE=DackSter94
Old 12-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #45
BOSUNTHEDOG

Squadron Name: 355th VFS
Teamspeak/Discord: TS3/none
Contact person: Me
Aircraft Selection. F/A-18
Pilots:
"Gaffer"
Old 12-12-2018, 12:38 AM   #46
M0ltar

Signing up for SouthernJump3r on SouthernJump3r behalf since he doesnt have forums access.

Squadron Name: SouthernJump3r
Teamspeak/Discord: Discord SouthernJump3r
Contact person: Me
Aircraft Selection. F/A-18
Pilots:
USA - SouthernJump3r
M0ltar is offline   Reply With Quote