TM Warthog throttle now not working after 2 days of use

6-25-2016%2012-23-15%20PM%20%20Throttle_zps9kocupxv.jpg

I used my brand new from NewEgg Hotas and after two days

my joystick and rudder pedals work fine, but now my

Throttle only gives me a message that USB device is not recognised

and I have read about bricked and other things but cant seem

to fix it. Tried it on a old 32bit laptop and it was not seen at all.

The target software used to see it when it worked and also does not see it now.

I tried doing the Throttle BULK driver and must have done it wrong.

I would really appreciate some help with this as I had to save

up for a long time to buy the best hotas on the market and to

have this happen after only two days is just terrible.

I have reinstalled drivers and everything I can think of.

I cant upgrade firmware and dont know whats up

I had problems with throttles mainboard plugins. If you open the baseplate (5 screws) and running all the plugs on mainboard with you fingers will it help? Also, check the grounding wire connections to baseplate.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I received a new PCB board in the mail and now My throttle is as good as new !!!

TM sure is nice !!! I am ok with my TM rudder to replace my broken Saitek Pro rudder

pedals, but I wish it was as easy to fix them as my throttle was. Saitek wont sell you

parts to fix things. I know there is a guy in england who sells green boards

but Im not sure its an exact replacement with the two plug ins that dont need to be soldiered ?

The TM rudder pedals are too close compared to the Saiteks, and do not have adjustable tension, which I like. Wish I could just send the whole thing to someone have get it fixed.

I ordered a TM Warhog 2 days ago on Prime Day Amazon before knowing this bricked "bug", this scares me seriously because if there's any same thing happens to my joystick, I have to ship all the way back to the US which is 2 weeks to reach (shipping cost is expensive).

Aniq,

There are tons more users who don't have an issue. So chances are, you should be fine.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 2 weeks later...

Other than electronic or wiring problems, often it is the user that "bricks" the Warthog. "brick" can mean, "I changed something and now it doesn't work".

Something as simple as changing the usb port it is plugged into can cause problems especially with Windows 10. Uninstalling and reinstalling not only the TM drivers but the Target software can solve a lot of those kinds of problems. I would say, remove those and re-install as if it was new before attempting to update the firmware or using the bootloader method unless of course you can confirm you have an out of date firmware.

Follow TM's instructions on these procedures to the letter if required.

TM states very clearly not to attempt a firmware upgrade while attached to a hub. I am not saying that is anyone's problem but simply some things to consider. It took me a while to get mine working again when I switched from a hub to onboard usb ports using Windows 10. I tried updating the firmware using a hub. All hubs are not created equal either. A hub with proper win10 drivers and an actual website with a support section is a far better route than using a non-supported hub. Uninstalling both Target and the TM drivers and restarting from scratch fixed everything for myself in that regard.

Hubs work fine for some right up until something changes.

Pick your usb ports and stick with them. Win10 is particular.

There are the odd non win10 usb devices that don't follow the win10 rules.

They can definitely cause problems stealing and re-ordering ports.

They don't know or follow the rules.

Food for thought.

I would buy another Wartog in a heartbeat.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Just to add to what DeepDrummer has put so well, I have put labels on all my USB cables and their respective USB ports so they can never get mixed up if ever I need to remove them.

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

• 5 weeks later...

Well I finally had TM send me a new replacement board and for the most part, everything

now works. I am able to fly in caucasus, but Nevada is giving me problems with

flying the Mistrel Cant seem to get joystick, rudder, or throttle to work.

I dont know if its a win 10 problem or what is going on...

most likely a rogue mapping issue in the controller setup in DCS 2.0. Clear out the columns that shouldn't be there.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 1 year later...

I have a prob i hope someone can solve....

tm hog throttle.......All the buttin n such seem to work when testing....

When i try the axis on the throttle itself nothing happens till last 5% of travel and even then it goes from idle to 100%....

did firmware updates,drivers and so on...Cant get it to work right on my sabre at all..It actually shuts engine down as if its backwards......When i do the axis stuff i notice when in idle position its at 100 and opposite at 100%....Im totally confused with this..

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..