[CANT REPRODUCE] IR Page flickers erratically

Alphamale

I have not seen flickering to that extent, but I did have the the IR screen flicker and stay green when the sun was at my 6'oclock high and would go back to normal when I turned slightly so the sun was not directly behind me and shining into the cockpit. I don't know if our issues are related...

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I have not seen flickering to that extent, but I did have the the IR screen flicker and stay green when the sun was at my 6'oclock high and would go back to normal when I turned slightly so the sun was not directly behind me and shining into the cockpit. I don't know if our issues are related...

Yeah, but I don't think this is "works as intended"...it's annoying as hell

Edited by Alphamale

Have seen this occasionally as well but I am not able to nail it dwn to a specific situation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

• ED Team
If this isn't a bug, what is it...besides a WIP? Video and Track included

I tried your track, when I watched it I was able to see what you saw mostly, didnt seem as bad. But when taking over your track, or flying another mission with the F I was not able to reproduce at all.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

If this isn't a bug, what is it...besides a WIP? Video and Track included

What controller setup do you use? Do you use any of the manufacturers config tools (i.e. TARGET or similar)?

I ask because I wonder if this issue might have to do with some sort of constant inputs that come from the controllers, maybe a button is "auto-fireing" constantly, overloading the input queue of DCS or something like that.

What controller setup do you use? Do you use any of the manufacturers config tools (i.e. TARGET or similar)?

I ask because I wonder if this issue might have to do with some sort of constant inputs that come from the controllers, maybe a button is "auto-fireing" constantly, overloading the input queue of DCS or something like that.

I see where you're going, but I never got this with the MAVG and/or MAVD IR...remember, they did change that for the F version...in any case, I have CH Fighterstick, Pro Pedals, Logitech TQ, Razor Tartarus input kybd...

Edited by Alphamale

Could be a nasty NV driver as well.

I'd try a newer NV driver if you do not run it yet.

I have had a similar tho not the same issue this last weekend. Updated the driver, rebooted and it went away. No clue if it was the driver, a bad hair day or whatelse but a new driver is always a good start ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Could be a nasty NV driver as well.

I'd try a newer NV driver if you do not run it yet.

I have had a similar tho not the same issue this last weekend. Updated the driver, rebooted and it went away. No clue if it was the driver, a bad hair day or whatelse but a new driver is always a good start ;)

Thanks for the suggestion but I always have the latest drivers (417.22) since I have the Notifications on in GeForce Experience...I'm thinking this has to do with the new IR page that came along with the F MAV since everything was fine with the MAVG and MAVD IR page...

Edited by Alphamale

Ok I think it has something to do with the horizon...as you can see in these videos, once I begin to pitch up, you can clearly see a change in the background polarity... it starts with the velocity vector level and thru the IR page, you can see that the mountain range is dark and the atmosphere is light...then as I pull up, the sky turns dark...both videos show this

Ok, if anyone's still looking into this, watch this track...there's no doubt that it is reproducible...the polarity of the sky and horizon switches when you bring the MAV seeker up in between 0 and 5 deg pitch angle. Master mode set to ARM, A2G weapon mode on, MAVF selected from stores, and you can also go from Wide to narrow FOV (this doesn't matter)...FWIW, here's the track

Edit: System specs ASUStek TUF Sabertooth 990FX mobo; AMD 8350 8-core; nVidia GTX-1060 6GB; 32 GB DDR3 SDRAM; CH Fighterstick, Logitech TQ, Pro Pedals, Razor KB

IR PAGE FLICKER_4.trk

Edited by Alphamale
log files and specs

I don't have that flickering but a "green screen" as soon as the Mav seeker is slewed above the +2/3(?) degrees pitch ladder mark.

Win10 1809( was like this with version 1803 too )

latest nVidia driver 417.35 (was the same with 417.22 )

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Yeah, I don't think they really care...It has already been "stamped" as "Not Able to Reproduce" which means it will disappear unless a lot of people start reporting the same problem....and when they tell you that something is not a bug...they should tell you why, because some things you report, you know they're not "as intended"

here's my video...

seems to be reproducible to me!

this was from this morning, 20dec2018, right after updating to 2.5.4

Yep, that's it. You actually had the flicker at about 0:37 in your video...I think the flicker is due to the triangle dipping above and below the "event horizon", shall we say, rapidly...you definitely have what I was reporting...and you can tell that it's wrong because first, you see the land as light (White hot IR) and the sky is dark (Cool IR) and that's ok until you lift the MAV seeker (triangle) a few degrees up, then all of a sudden, the sky in the MAV page switches to light colored which was supposed to be hot...anyway it's screwed up and they need to address it...but really, I'm at the point where DCS can find their own bugs as far as I'm concerned...they just don't give your report any credence anymore...they automatically assume that you're wrong, not them

Seen that too. Only happens when there isn’t any thing to contrast with in the image. Also when FOV is narrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Yep, that's it. You actually had the flicker at about 0:37 in your video...I think the flicker is due to the triangle dipping above and below the "event horizon", shall we say, rapidly...you definitely have what I was reporting...and you can tell that it's wrong because first, you see the land as light (White hot IR) and the sky is dark (Cool IR) and that's ok until you lift the MAV seeker (triangle) a few degrees up, then all of a sudden, the sky in the MAV page switches to light colored which was supposed to be hot...anyway it's screwed up and they need to address it...but really, I'm at the point where DCS can find their own bugs as far as I'm concerned...they just don't give your report any credence anymore...they automatically assume that you're wrong, not them

Or Maybe since the whole IR rendering model is about to get a major overhaul they don’t want to waste time fixing the old one

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

• 3 weeks later...