[POLL] Cockpit visibility: would you prefer dirt and sun glare to be reduced?

cuervo111

[POLL] Cockpit visibility: would you prefer dirt and sun glare to be reduced?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL] Cockpit visibility: would you prefer dirt and sun glare to be reduced?

• Yes. Visibility is worse than it should. Sun glare should be similar to other DCS modules.
    • No. I am happy with the current cockpit and I think visibility is as it should be.

Hi all,

I am not intending to create any more controversy regarding the cockpit dirt and visibility issues, nor I am encouraging further discussion about it. It has been discussed to death and it seems like we all had formed our opinion about it's ok we disagree.

However I think it'd be useful for everyone to really have a better idea of the community's views about this. We might be surprised by the results. Instead of arguing ad nauseum it's probably better to get some data about how the community feels about this.

It might also help us all, customers and devs, make informed decisions about this and similar issues in the future.

EDIT 4:

The glare issue has been solved in the beta branch

EDIT 3:

Please keep in mind there are mods that remove the canopy dirt but there is currently no solution for the sun glare issue.

EDIT 2:

If you are not sure what's the sun glare issue take a look at these screenshots.

EDIT 1:

There is no create option choice in the poll because I think 99% of us would vote for that and we would end up not learning anything. Most people are happy with being give options after all. Imagine you have the option in the sim, what would you choose?

Edited by cuervo111

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

I honestly would prefer an Cockpit Visibility Option, where the first choice would be the Canopy Visibility as it is in 2.5. The second choice would be a Cleaned Canopy, where every little spot of grime in the way of you and your target are cleaned off. I personally like the grungy feel of the cockpit, but the canopy's dirt is the only more annoying thing about the grunge levels. I really love pushing this beat up old bird to its limits, against the odds, and making a valiant effort against modern aircraft.

I say give players a choice. Clean Canopy or Dirty Canopy. Dirty Cockpit and Clean Cockpit. I believe that would be the best compromise.

Edited by KilledAlive

OMG flogging a dead horse! give it rest or read the other threads save starting another one on same topics again and again, I'm sorry but it just gets a bit much

You don't seem to have read my post or understood the point of it. Anyway I respect your position, you don't have to participate or even care about it.

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

A option for clean or dirty canopy in the special options seems the best course.

I can see why people find it annoying.

So please LLC, when you get time.

Thanks

The DEMONS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go to Heaven for the climate,Hell for the company

Check us out on page 23 in the squadron directory, on the multiplayer forum and send me a private message.

If I want a clean screen, I’d use the free and already available mod

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Guys you keep insisting on the clean canopy mods and they DON'T solve the sun glare issue which is even a bigger problem for visibility

Apart from the sun’s glare, did the mod otherwise solve the issues mentioned ?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

There are two issues the mod fixes one of them.

Another question would be if it's reasonable to expect community mods for this or not...

My view:

- I actually think that the optimum solution would be a slider allowing users to chose their level of dirt

- the OP and comments from some others are simply bang out of order and IMO have no place in a forum frequented by supposedly polite adults

We get that some are not 100% happy, but how about learning basic politeness and patience.

We are after all talking here about progress within an incredibly complex sim, where there’s obviously plenty of areas of opportunity.

Again, just my point of view...

My view:

- I actually think that the optimum solution would be a slider allowing users to chose their level of dirt

- the OP and comments from some others are simply bang out of order and IMO have no place in a forum frequented by supposedly polite adults

We get that some are not 100% happy, but how about learning basic politeness and patience.

We are after all talking here about progress within an incredibly complex sim, where there’s obviously plenty of areas of opportunity.

Again, just my point of view...

Please be so kind to point out where I have been unpolite.

If you can't stand respectful disagreement I think it's you who are not behaving as an adult and have no place in a discussion about complex software

Please be so kind to point out where I have been unpolite.

If you can't stand respectful disagreement I think it's you who are not behaving as an adult and have no place in a discussion about complex software

Bearing in mind that you're edited 90% of the opening post, hard to say isn't it.

For all that, was more aimed at some of the ridiculously OTT comments within other threads, that this one was clearly alluding to.

In short, this poll was simply a continuation of a number of similarly unnecessarily aggressive threads.

All it needs is ONE thread, to be added into the Wishlist, with a polite request to update, and you know that.

Bearing in mind that you're edited 90% of the opening post, hard to say isn't it.

For all that, was more aimed at some of the ridiculously OTT comments within other threads, that this one was clearly alluding to.

In short, this poll was simply a continuation of a number of similarly unnecessarily aggressive threads.

All it needs is ONE thread, to be added into the Wishlist, with a polite request to update, and you know that.

Wow, your arguments are incredible. I edited the original post just to add clarifications and every single time I only added text and marked it as "edit". Pathetic excuse to accuse me of being impolite.

You sir must have a really thin skin if you found my post aggressive.

Having said that, I repeat I didn't want this thread to become another discussion about the topic at hand and just a way to collect data (you should know that if you were so affected by my post) and I certainly won't turn it into a personal discussion with you.

If it's realistic, then there is no need to mess with it!

I don't even own the MiG-21bis, but if the only thing impeding visibility through the canopy is grime, just don't touch it. Grime is grime. Dirt, dust, grease, and especially scratches don't need to be removed. It's all part of the simulation. Removing grime and scratches for just these reasons is removing an element of the sim.

I saw the pictures of the flare on the canopy. They do look weird though.

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

How on earth do you know if and how much the current canopy impedes normal flight then???

Very true.

I've recently started to use the clean canopy mod and finally I can see stuff!

Though the sun lens flare is still a large issue.

How on earth do you know if and how much the current canopy impedes normal flight then???
I don't. If you would have have taken a couple extra seconds to read my full post, you'd see that I'm saying that if the canopy is realistic as it is, it should not be changed. If it is not realistic as it is now, then it should be be changed.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

I used to use the clean canopy mod, but I read that it not doesn't pass integrity check anymore so no MP usage.

Does anyone know a way around it? Or a link to a mod that still allows clean canopy in MP?

You have actually several options: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=5&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=154&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter