NVIDIA’s New High-end Quadro RTX First to Include VirtualLink VR Port

dburne

https://www.roadtovr.com/nvidia-quadro-rtx-gpu-first-to-include-virtuallink-vr-port/

The Quadro RTX GPUs are the first to be announced with the recently revealed VirtualLink connector, a new connection standard designed for next-generation VR headsets. Based on USB-C, VirtualLink provides high data bandwidth and power in a single small connector. Nvidia is among a consortium of major players—including Valve, Oculus, AMD and Microsoft—which are collaborating to make the connector the future of VR headset connectivity.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Interesting considering there is no new headset coming out near future. Unless they can convert current one or they know something we don’t know!

Showing up to Nvidia's offices like....

giphy.gif

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Interesting considering there is no new headset coming out near future. Unless they can convert current one or they know something we don’t know!

This is kinda the way I am leaning, we shall see...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

20th August will be revealed of the RTX 2080 what is relevant to us gamers. Quadro is out of our league because lowes price for 5000 model is 2300$.

According to some sources, RTX 2080 will be 8% faster than GTX 1080ti or 50% faster than GTX 1080. Price could be somewhere between 500 - 700$.

So Monday ...

8% may not be enough to justify it. Maybe I'll wait for the Ti version. If I can contain myself. LOL

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

God Help Me.......I pre-ordered :D

I tried to on the EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra, they sold out of pre-orders in moments really.

That is ok they have confirmed the FTW3 version will be coming soon, so am going to try and snag one of those bad boys. My 1080 Ti FTW3 Elite has been fantastic.

I just hope I am at my computer when they make ordering available on them, as I am sure they will go like hotcakes as well.

Don B

Awesome. Good luck.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I tried to on the EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra, they sold out of pre-orders in moments really.

That is ok they have confirmed the FTW3 version will be coming soon, so am going to try and snag one of those bad boys. My 1080 Ti FTW3 Elite has been fantastic.

I just hope I am at my computer when they make ordering available on them, as I am sure they will go like hotcakes as well.

Im with ya buddy ill wait for the ftw3 version aswell and use their trade up program.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

:thumbup:

Yep, me too. Not the Ti, just the regular Founders Edition RTX-2080 straight from nVidia.

It looks like it has a bit of a higher power requirement than my stock 1080, so I'm probably going to have to update my PSU as well.

-=gos=-

Im with ya buddy ill wait for the ftw3 version aswell and use their trade up program.

Good for you, unfortunately I am way out of my setup up window. That is ok I will just sell my 1080 Ti FTW3 on Ebay once I have the new card and it is running well.

Don B

God help us. I preordered too. I went for the Asus GeForce RTX2080ti Dual. Overclocking capability is yet to be decided, but I'm hoping it's going to allow a little leeway on futureproof. My poor old Asus GTX980ti is having to run at 1.6ghz and 1.15ghz respectively just to keep things fairly smooth and she don't like it much. Vram size is becoming a problem too. She throws regular tantrums some weekends and behaves lovely at other times. She seems to have a hard ceiling for OC, even 5mhz more on either GPU or memory means a hard crash before you even got the plane fired up.

Speaking of which...

My marriage needs a little futureproof at the minute. The missus is a bit sniffy about it. I ordered her some frame mounted Bassett hound cartoon pictures to hang up in the kitchen to get back in the good books. Hope I don't get the hard crash of one on the back of my head.

I've been saving up but I'd been telling her it would be around a grand. I forgot to add on the extra for the TI OC and the VAT..... Thought she was going to feint. Mind you my hand was shaking when I pressed the payment button.

The stuff we have to do.....

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

God help us. I preordered too. I went for the Asus GeForce RTX2080ti Dual. Overclocking capability is yet to be decided, but I'm hoping it's going to allow a little leeway on futureproof. My poor old Asus GTX980ti is having to run at 1.6ghz and 1.15ghz respectively just to keep things fairly smooth and she don't like it much. Vram size is becoming a problem too. She throws regular tantrums some weekends and behaves lovely at other times.

Speaking of which...

My marriage needs a little futureproof at the minute. The missus is a bit sniffy about it. I ordered her some frame mounted Bassett hound cartoon pictures to hang up in the kitchen to get back in the good books.

I've been saving up but I'd been telling her it would be around a grand. I forgot to add on the extra for the TI OC and the VAT..... Thought she was going to feint. Mind you my hand was shaking when I pressed the payment button.

The stuff we have to do.....

It's probably just as well that you said "i ordered too" rather than "i ordered two" then :)

I wonder if the VR Link thing is too early? I don't know if I would count on it out of the gate. If Rift comes out next year, I wonder if the support will have evolved. But I'm certainly looking forward to folks posting their experience with the new GPU. I'll wait for the EVGA hybrid (AIO water cooler) version and that's typically 6 months or so after they ship the first units. Of course, I'll readily admit that if FPS numbers come in high, I'll just pull the trigger. LOL.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Yeah I preordered as well. Got the Ti founders edition. I paid less for my first car.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

So is the rtb-2080ti the jewel to possess or will the gtx-1180 ti be it? Or is the rtx-2080 the next gen gets 1080’s

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

A key question here is if DCS intends to support DLSS. By upscaling images for higher resolutions and VR, we may see a substantial increase in terms of frame rates. For now I will hold on to my money.

Intel Core i7­6700K, 32GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD + 2TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Pimax 5k+