Levers explanation?

Ifikratis

Hi,

First of all, this is a very good modeled aircraft many thanks go to the developers for their work.

The complain that I have so far is that the manual is very small and does not go into depth of how many of the levers and systems work. Is there more documentation planned?

Also, for now, can anyone help understand some of the levers? This aircraft has for sure many..

1 ) Augmentation lever

2 ) Supercharger lever

3 ) Aneroid capsule hand wheel

4 ) Manual flywheel clutch lever

5 ) Emergencey gear lock

6 ) Gear (extension/retraction) break lever

7 ) Gear Jaw lever

8 ) Gear (retr./ext.) break lever

| JF-16 Thunder | F-16C Viper | F-14A/B Tomcat | F/A-18C Hornet | AV-8B N/A Harrier II | AJS-37 Viggen | M-2000C | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C Watrhog | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer | MiG-21bis | FC3 | L-39 Albatros | C-101 Aviojet | SA342 Gazelle | Mi-24P Hind | Mi-8MTV2 | UH-1H Huey | Ka-50 Black Shark |  P-51D Mustang | P-47 Thunderbolt | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw 190 A-8 | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Yak-52 | I-16 | Christen Eagle II | Persian Gulf Map | Nevada Test and Training Range | Normandy 1944 | Syria Map | Channel Map | NS 430

Also, for now, can anyone help understand some of the levers? This aircraft has for sure many..

1 ) Augmentation lever

2 ) Supercharger lever

3 ) Aneroid capsule hand wheel

4 ) Manual flywheel clutch lever

5 ) Emergencey gear lock

6 ) Gear (extension/retraction) break lever

7 ) Gear Jaw lever

8 ) Gear (retr./ext.) break lever

1 ) That's sort of WEP, rises maximum available Manifold Pressure. Manual states not to be used more that 5 minutes (if it's a WEP, I guess, if you use it as extra MP as aircraft climbs without overboosting it's probably safe, but that should be tested first).

2 ) That's self explanatory, the supercharger is manual as opposed to the other warbirds we already have and should be set as aircraft climbs to keep available MP during the wider altitudes possible (which are anyway somewhat limited due to the age of this aircraft). Manual says something about stage 2 should be used above 4000m IIRC, but check there for the proper data.

3 ) That's has something to do IIRC with emergency oxygen control in the event the other controls fail. It's stated in the manual though I don't remember exact operation.

4 ) Haven't the faintest right now. The only clutch and flywheel in the aircraft I know of is the starter one, but no idea why that is there or what is useful for.

5 6 7 8 ) Several lever related to landing gear. Explained in a early development video. Use "next step" command instead of moving by hand as not only you need to move them but a certain position is needed to lower or raise the gear.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Thank you very much Ala13, your answer certainly helped me. I will also try to understand the video translation for the gear function.

For sure though a more thorough explanation of the levers and manipulators in English would be a great help from the developer.

| JF-16 Thunder | F-16C Viper | F-14A/B Tomcat | F/A-18C Hornet | AV-8B N/A Harrier II | AJS-37 Viggen | M-2000C | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C Watrhog | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer | MiG-21bis | FC3 | L-39 Albatros | C-101 Aviojet | SA342 Gazelle | Mi-24P Hind | Mi-8MTV2 | UH-1H Huey | Ka-50 Black Shark |  P-51D Mustang | P-47 Thunderbolt | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw 190 A-8 | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Yak-52 | I-16 | Christen Eagle II | Persian Gulf Map | Nevada Test and Training Range | Normandy 1944 | Syria Map | Channel Map | NS 430

TWDsE0q.jpg

So here's the Donkey's Gear as I could sort out from the video.

Going from Down and locked after takeoff:

1. b is moved up to engage the ratchet

2. a is moved forward to unlock the gear

3. Crank is rotated Counter Clockwise 40 some times until gear is up.

Going Down:

1. c is moved back to engage the drum drag brake to prevent slack.

2. b is moved down to release the ratchet pawl

3. Crank is rotated Clockwise until down and locked

4. a is moved back to lock crank drum

5. c is moved forward to release drum drag brake.

Things go funky and brake no work. Use a to lock drum, crank until slack is gone. move a back forward, turn until you get slack a goes back repeat.

Basically the top of the gear strut pivot moves out to the wingtip as the gear goes up. on the way down you are cranking it inboard while releasing the wires that hold up the gear at the wheels. So if the drum isn't slowed you have to step wise down, pivot in, down, in, down, in. Using a to stop the wheel wires while you crank the pivots inboard.

Edited by RustBelt

Thank you SO much @RustBelt ! Amazing explanation in combination with the photo. Thank you!

I believe that the starter flywheel could be manually spun up like with the normal field start for the Bf109 and this pull lever on the starboard cockpit wall is to assist in that. If we had ground staff maybe they could use the flywheel crank handle that perhaps was stowed somewhere.

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat