A10c real and A10c game ?

rwy12

Hi Everyone.

Can you please explain to me the difference between these 2 versions.

In my controls drop down menu I see both of these,but in the mission editor only the A10c shows.

I look forward to your help-many thanks.

I think I have just understood how to lock mavericks on single target,can you please suggest a good tutorial on selecting multi targets-I watched few on YouTube but all seem to assume a advance level pre-knowledge-I am still struggling with terminology at the moment :(

Qas

There is a setting in the general options: game vs real. When you have this set to game, the a10c game controls apply. Change the setting, then the other controls apply.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

many thanks- So if I choose game flight mode in settings-the A10c in play will be A10c game.

and a10c if I uncheck it.

With the game flight mode I assume the the flight model is easier to control.

many thanks.

With the game flight mode I assume the the flight model is easier to control.

It's not really easier, especially if used to flying in other flight sims - note: it's years since I tried it to see 'what it was'.

It fit's with the 'Game UI Radar' option to make 'DCS' look more like Arma, Battlefield or the Air Combat series with a on screen radar, target diamonds, etc.

IIRC Game mode is simpler but you learn a different flight model and set of shortcut keys, to lock on to targets, etc (rather than learn the DMS, TPOD, IRMV, etc.) - it's not a training mode but designed for quick A-10C/Ka-50 'pickup and play'.

For newer modules, it often causes FM issues (drag/power/takeoff/etc), as they weren't designed to fly using the mode.

IMHO 'Game Mode' should be considered a legacy system retained for backwards compatibility and small children.

Air spawns, infinite ammunition, invincibility, labels, etc. used with realistic flight and systems is better 99% of the time, as even 'children' are attracted to learning the 'real' aircraft, rather than a game - it's one of many reasons why they'd want to fly DCS over another title.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The game mode is explained in the manual. It gives pictures of what you'll see when using game mode.

Don't use it if you're serious about keeping it real. Which is what the A-10C is all about.

Buzz

many thanks guys- great explanation.for some one new to DCS every bit of advise is gold dust.

Just waiting for tips on locking multiple targets-it took me 3 weeks to master single kill..... hopefully it will be less with multiples.

I think I have just understood how to lock mavericks on single target,can you please suggest a good tutorial on selecting multi targets-I watched few on YouTube but all seem to assume a advance level pre-knowledge-I am still struggling with terminology at the moment :(

Well, the topic is a bit advanced, so it makes sense to assume familiarity with general Maverick employment when talking about quick shots. :smartass:

I wanted to write a very quick guide, but in just one sentence there were so many acronyms and key assignments - it'd probably be confusing rather than enlightening.

The simple way to rifle several Mavs in quick succession is to use the same method that you've used for the first one, and use the Mav seeker to pick the next targets.

One trick is to ground stabilize the Mav using TMS Down Short (to prevent it from running away from the target area, if it didn't lock on to something). Another trick is to try TMS Up Short in order to get the Mav to lock onto a target if the seeker is already above it, but hasn't achieved a lock yet.

Of course there's a more efficient way: by picking targets from further away using the TGP and creating markpoints on these targets. Or you could get coordinates from the mission briefing or from a (human) JTAC and create waypoints.

In any case, the idea is to have a series of markpoints or waypoints on the targets, and have these as SPI Generator (STPT in lower left corner of HUD). Then, on approach to the target area, get a lock with first Mav from as far as possible, rifle, switch to next waypoint, slave all to SPI, get Maverick lock, rifle, and so on and so forth.

Well, that's the idea. Quite easy, right? The exact series of button presses is a mite more difficult, but it doesn't make much sense to explain "press a, then b, then c". It makes much more sense for you to understand the concept behind it, and then the "rifle several Mavericks with markpoints" videos will also start to make much more sense.

The entire HOTAS concept of the A-10C is certainly not exactly intuitive at first glance, but it's totally worth learning it in detail, because it means the entire arsenal of the jet is literally at your fingertips. :thumbup:

Hi.can you please point to where the manual can be down loaded from.

It comes with the game.

Should be: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\mods\aircraft\A-10C\doc

Or something close to that. ;)