Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Ok, I need some help. My GPU clock runs at 961mhz when in the flight session. It goes to 1200 or so when back into the DCS menus. What gives? Can I change this in the nvidia control panel? If so, where do I do that? Thank you!

Capture.PNG.089f249bf0921ca1a6d4ce924b4fa875.PNG

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

looks like it's throttling.

I really dont know about this type of stuff...outta my pay grade. Where can I set it so the GPU runs at the max speed? It drops when flying. When in the DCS menu it's 1400 or so o.O

EDIT: It appears that when in the seat/plane, the GPU is running at the clock speed for Oculus Home. When in the DCS Menus it's running at 1400. I made a couple of adjustments and got it to 1189, but it it'll run at 1400, then that's what I'd like to run it at :/

EDIT2: I ran another test, this one with FSX/FlyInside - It's also v1.3 supported. That one runs at 1405mhz when flying. It appears that when flying in DCS the GPU clock is at the same as the Ocuhlus Home speed.

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

today i tried the Vive that was being demo'ed at a local gamestop.

i have to say, i was impressed and not impressed at the same time.

the resolution / visual aspect of the Vive was not a whole big leap from GearVR.

but definitely have to say the Vive controllers are next to flawless in terms of fidelity and control.

but over all, i am sticking with my oculus preorder... vive was definitely bulky.. i dont see myself simming with the vive for long periods.

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

thanks for the feedback hannibal. Was it the final Vive or the Vive pre? They're quite different. People report that "The optics are way better on the Vive/CV1. It's the most jarring thing when going back to the GearVR [on Galaxy/edge s7]."

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I need some help. My GPU clock runs at 961mhz when in the flight session. It goes to 1200 or so when back into the DCS menus. What gives? Can I change this in the nvidia control panel? If so, where do I do that? Thank you!

You'd need to use Nvidia inspector to modify the P2 state and set it to 1400 or whatever your best o/c speed is. Nvidia is PLAGUED with these throttling issues lately for some reason. It seems like every day there's another app that causes the card to run in P2. I had to do it with my trackir a few months ago because they released a new version that throttled the video card to P2. In fact I was the first person to notify them of the bug so they could fix it. Nvidia inspector and GPUz will show you what state your card is in when running oculus home to see if throttling to P2 is your issue but I'd almost bet it is.

Go to the thread below and follow the instructions for setting the P2 state to a higher clock to see if that fixes it. This would have to be done every time you reboot or until ED/Oculus fixes the problem.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1267918/guide-nvidia-inspector-gtx670-680-disable-boost-fixed-clock-speed-undervolting

Edited by j0nx
  • Like 1

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

thanks for the feedback hannibal. Was it the final Vive or the Vive pre? They're quite different. People report that "The optics are way better on the Vive/CV1. It's the most jarring thing when going back to the GearVR [on Galaxy/edge s7]."

it was the final vive.

i can see why people say "jarring" to go back to the GearVR, because when you are in the vive (or maybe event the rift environment~ i have not tried CV1), there is alot more stuff rendered on the high end VR device compare to the what you have on the mobile phone.

yea, your world will feel bland if its sort of empty, and a phone isnt powerful enough to render as many things a PC would.

still you are going to see pixels on both if you look for it. so for me, resolution wise, GearvR is not to far from Vive.

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

It's all fun until you have company come over and you come out of the office/game room and greet them with "Oculus Hair"

I have puffy hair, so 1-2 hours of wearing Oculus and I have a line down the middle of my head , lol.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It's all fun until you have company come over and you come out of the office/game room and greet them with "Oculus Hair"

I have puffy hair, so 1-2 hours of wearing Oculus and I have a line down the middle of my head , lol.

That what a hat is for :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That what a hat is for :)

At least I dont answer door wearing Track IR Dots or Pro Clip Anymore (Looking like a Borg Drone)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

@SkateZilla,

Most of us are amazed at the new quality experience with the latest 2.0.2 - the smoothness of the VR experience is what we have been hoping for in the flying world. I've been in the pilot training simulator business for 40 years and haven't had as much fun as this.

Since you have made this a sticky - thanks - could you possibly make a summary list at the top of this thread of the reported issues/bugs so newbies don't open another thread to report them (right now, chiefly just the problem with ending a mission). Also, maybe a list of desired key improvements - not so much for the game, but just for the VR interface (mouse versus laserhead). If this is impractical, it's OK - this thread is wonderful as is. I'm not sure when to open a new thread (like I did for the Night Environment issue) or just tack on to the last page of this thread.

Thanks for your effort!!

Dave

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

I'll see about a sticky thread regarding status of VR and known bugs list etc

I'll see about a sticky thread regarding status of VR and known bugs list etc

This would be good.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

One short question for the cv1 player. Is .It possible to make a look above your shoulder?

I mean the tracking range above 90 degrees to one side?

Yes

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CV1 has 360 Spherical Tracking.

Look around, spin around, Stick our Head out of the Cockpit on the P-51D when your taxiing,

etc.

Whats with the old Problem to spotting Targets? Is it gone? Did you see a Tank at the Ground or did you have to zoom?

I still have issues spotting targets. Maybe because I am not used to it yet, not sure.

I will have to play with the settings more, and try to find the sweet spot.

I have not found the zoom yet with rift. Will have more time tomorrow.

Can someone tell me if KA 50 Mission Battle is playable with CV1

I have a Vive and the Judder for this mission is unacceptable.

It was always unplayable with DK2 wondering if the recent updates with CV1 have improved it.

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I still have issues spotting targets. Maybe because I am not used to it yet, not sure.

I will have to play with the settings more, and try to find the sweet spot.

I have not found the zoom yet with rift. Will have more time tomorrow.

Then, it makes no sense for me to buy a CV1. Thats why i sold my DK2.

Ok, my Preorder will be shiped end of July ... i will wait for some Patches. Maybe we will become a Zoom-Function.

Just curious - were you able to easily spot targets without zoom on your monitor? What resolution did you run your monitor at?

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)