=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Improved ground targets locations.. still not sure if i should use tanks as ground objectives

There should be a way to make the tanks less "tanky". If they will die after one direct hit of rocket (instead of two as it is now), it would make the things easier.

Right now I see these options:

A) Make a Mod that decreases hit points of tanks and run this mod with the server.

B) Assign a number of triggers like "OBJECT DAMAGED" -> "DESTROY OBJECT". Here we need to make sure that tanks don't die just because someone sneezed nearby.

I have no idea how Mods are done but I can do some experimentation on B option.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nah, the idea with "OBJECT DAMAGED" trigger didn't work because such triggers react even to .50-cals. A solution however could be to reduce the initial amount of tanks' HP by either creating a Mod, or executing some LUA-script, or simply "exploding" tanks via triggers as the mission starts. Explosion with strength of 3 leaves Pz.IV's with half HP accoring to my tests.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nah, the idea with "OBJECT DAMAGED" trigger didn't work because such triggers react even to .50-cals. A solution however could be to reduce the initial amount of tanks' HP by either creating a Mod, or executing some LUA-script, or simply "exploding" tanks via triggers as the mission starts. Explosion with strength of 3 leaves Pz.IV's with half HP accoring to my tests.

It possible to set initial hp in Mission Editor. Object damaged trigger, or destroy on X hit point script won't be good, as it will not count a kill for attacker.

Will try to improve this today

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Removed flare guns from JG27 Bf109s

Thank you! :)

I noticed that although I have a ping of around 70 and most players don't exceed 100, I still see a lot of lagging and warping which makes deflection shooting very, very difficult. I don't think this is a Burning Skies specific issue - what about the other players? Do you also have this problem?

Thank you! :)

I noticed that although I have a ping of around 70 and most players don't exceed 100, I still see a lot of lagging and warping which makes deflection shooting very, very difficult. I don't think this is a Burning Skies specific issue - what about the other players? Do you also have this problem?

I noticed warping yesterday. But in fact I didn't change anything, so it could be temporary internet issue or something like that (which is likely, as i had internet issues at home too). Or maybe DCS server should be restarted from time to time. Server had been online for almost 5 days by yesterday.

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Is there a link or such to instructions for how to get radio functions working on the server? Does it use Simple Radio? I am new to online play (have not flown online.... yet) and am trying to figure out how to communicate via radio while flying online. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have downloaded Teamspeak but have no good idea how to properly set it up.

Is there a link or such to instructions for how to get radio functions working on the server? Does it use Simple Radio? I am new to online play (have not flown online.... yet) and am trying to figure out how to communicate via radio while flying online. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have downloaded Teamspeak but have no good idea how to properly set it up.

There isnt a =BS= SRS server "yet" .....i just pretend that eekz is allready working on it:music_whistling:

There is a =BS= ts server though... Ip adress should be found in mp missionbriefing or somewhere in this thread.

For setting up either of those programs, search ed forums for srs or the internet for ts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

server is down ... just crashed while i aligned a pifty1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

We have internet issue on the server. Will bring the server back as soon as possible.

are you running 1.5 or 2+?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

yeah we(DCS ww2 pilots) considered that all since long time ago ... then the server will be empty ... no one finds each other and then people get shot down without seeing the enemy after a 20min flight - disconnect - server empty... we(DCS ww2 pilots) have been there even back on 1.5 ... believe me .. the closer the better for a populated server with "dogfight"training character ... if u want some more real distances its more the blueflag thing .. they have airfields on england from which u can take off from ... BUT you have to consider that u will fly there probably alone ... people seek action in Multiplayer and until there arent organized events with realmission backgrounds, it will be like on burning skies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;3316853']yeah we(DCS ww2 pilots) considered that all since long time ago ... then the server will be empty ... no one finds each other and then people get shot down without seeing the enemy after a 20min flight - disconnect - server empty... we(DCS ww2 pilots) have been there even back on 1.5 ... believe me .. the closer the better for a populated server with "dogfight"training character ... if u want some more real distances its more the blueflag thing .. they have airfields on england from which u can take off from ... BUT you have to consider that u will fly there probably alone ... people seek action in Multiplayer and until there arent organized events with realmission backgrounds' date=' it will be like on burning skies.[/quote']

+1 :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

;3316853']yeah we(DCS ww2 pilots) considered that all since long time ago ... then the server will be empty ... no one finds each other and then people get shot down without seeing the enemy after a 20min flight - disconnect - server empty... we(DCS ww2 pilots) have been there even back on 1.5 ... believe me .. the closer the better for a populated server with "dogfight"training character ... if u want some more real distances its more the blueflag thing .. they have airfields on england from which u can take off from ... BUT you have to consider that u will fly there probably alone ... people seek action in Multiplayer and until there arent organized events with realmission backgrounds' date=' it will be like on burning skies.[/quote']

Why then players number is going down on these (this) type servers instead of growing?

IMO these (this) airquake will kill WWII online playing in DCS World,

we (WWII players) desperately need server like DoW was, where was more than stupid airquake for egohunters...

there are many players who allready left DCS WWII and play another WWII sim ... why? what do you think?

I do not think that happened because A/Bs were too far from each others.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Why then players number is going down on these (this) type servers instead of growing?

IMO these (this) airquake will kill WWII online playing in DCS World,

we (WWII players) desperately need server like DoW was, where was more than stupid airquake for egohunters...

there are many players who allready left DCS WWII and play another WWII sim ... why? what do you think?

I do not think that happened because A/Bs were too far from each others.

I have many thoughts on this. And it's all far more complicated than just 'make non-airquake' server...

• Like 1

Burning Skies

Is a long story: somebody prefer long distance, like old SoW sorties, others less distance. But as always the truth is in the middle. But I sure that player hemorrhage problem schould be solve only by the developer, like new DM, new planes and others. Eekz cant'do a miracle.

Maybe him schould be adding some nearby airfield and some far, to satisfy all tastes.

But until some SH will not add some bombers, pilots will remains few then other ww2 sim.

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

;3316853']people seek action in Multiplayer and until there arent organized events with realmission backgrounds' date=' it will be like on burning skies.[/quote']

Agree.

IMO there is no point in huge distance between red and blue airfields. At least until there is not so much in between them (interesting missions, ground targets to seek-and-destroy, trains, convoys, etc.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]