=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Server is back online.

Changelist:

-Mission length increased to 8 hours.

-Now a coalition can win by time if it destroyed higher number of targets (previously always was a draw). Draw will be only if equal number of targets is destroyed

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Hey eekz I'm really enjoying your server and scenarios a lot recently! Thanks for all the work you put into it and keeping it updated!

I fly the P51 primarily out of Novo and have had difficulty in getting topped off again on my .50 cals from the ground crew when I return to refuel. I tried at Krymsk as well and got the same result. They usually have no problem giving me fuel but when it comes to the rearming request they always say "unable to comply." Last night a friend of mine was saying he had the same problem as well. It's no big deal to grab a new bird but I thought I'd just bring it up. Maybe I'm just not asking kindly enough.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Info update:

You probably has already concerned about max players number on a server and a number of available slots.

I'm thinking on how to increase it all the time, but there are few things that stop me from doing it right now:

1. The current mission is quite small scale and it will be too tight if max players number will be increased

2. I'm not sure that increasing players number won't result in constant lag on the server when it'll be full and thus reducing server experience quality

My plan is the following:

1. To finish new mission between Sukhumi - Senaki during next week where more slots will be available

2. Gradually increase max player number on the serve monitoring it's performance

That's the plan.

PS: I reaaaally want to thank you all. Great times :)

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Hey eekz I'm really enjoying your server and scenarios a lot recently! Thanks for all the work you put into it and keeping it updated!

I fly the P51 primarily out of Novo and have had difficulty in getting topped off again on my .50 cals from the ground crew when I return to refuel.

Seems it's DCS issue and hopefully will be fixed in upcoming updates. However, seems that there is workaround. Try taking some bombs and rockets + 100% guns, and rearm. Then you can put bombs and rockets away.

Burning Skies

eekz did you consider to go back to lower Limit of Player? with full Player it's near frustrating because warping Players near impossible to hit sometimes?

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Information (that's on the issue that you raised, MAD):

Yep, it seems that we are experiencing lack of upload bandwidth recently and it results in occasional warpping.

The issue will be addressed asap (tomorrow morning to be precise) and there are 2 ways of how it may go:

1. We'll manage to increase upload channel by 50% and thus even increase players number slightly.

2. If we'll be unable to increase upload channel, I'll reduce max players number to approximately 36, that should be enough to resolve the warping issue if I read network stats correctly.

One way or another the warping issue should be resolved tomorrow morning.

I apologize for the temporary technical difficulties and inconvenience and will keep you updated.

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Update

We expanded bandwidth, but it did not resolve the lag. I decided to reduce max players number to 36. Also, server neither hardware nor internet according to monitor are not a bottlenecking. I'll be investigating. 36 max players for now.

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Interesting, thanks!

Just one post below your post, Schnarre did ask about a simple radio server, do you have any plans to host one?

This would be a cool addition to the server and would be a big help for teamplay.

Interesting, thanks!

Just one post below your post, Schnarre did ask about a simple radio server, do you have any plans to host one?

This would be a cool addition to the server and would be a big help for teamplay.

Likely yes, but a bit later

Got to finsih new mission first, and some other things on stats

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies