What is the A2G ordnance that a-8 will have

ED is surprisingly quiet, they have not revealed any detail so far.

For the A-8 we already have in game most of A2G weapons, if ED use them.

50kg with multiple rack

250kg

500kg

and rockets W.Gr.21 (used during Normandy campaign against ground target)

All these bombs are usefull for the F/G-8 when (or if) come.

But ABs cluster bombs are really missing for the F/G variants and the A-8 too.

I do not think that 1000kg bombs were used on planes without any modifications..

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

According to Fw-190 A8 aircraft handbook (linked in thread "A8 manual", fw190a8.pdf)

FW-190 A8 Fighter (with no revision) :

2 MG131 / nose

2 MG151 / wing roots

2 MG151 or 2 WR21 rockets/mortar shell (Air-Air) / outer wings

300 Liters drop fuel under fuselage

FW-190 A8 Fighter bomber :

same guns / no rockets/mortar shell (Air-Air)

SC 500 bomb under fuselage

FW-190 A8 revisions :

R1 - 4 MG151 outer wings instead of 2

R2 - 2 MK108 outer wings instead of 2 MG151

R3 - 2 MK103 outer wings instead of 2 MG151

Other revisions till R8 offers armors or bad weather equipement with mix of m.guns/m.kannon

So only air-ground dedicated weapon on A8 is SC500 bomb, on A8 fighter bomber version.

According to Fw-190 A8 aircraft handbook (linked in thread "A8 manual", fw190a8.pdf)

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/AO62B3P.jpg[/img]

So only air-ground dedicated weapon on A8 is SC500 bomb, on A8 fighter bomber version.

So, according to that manual, up to (and not only!) 500kgs bombs or AB containers (disposable carriers) could be carried, or 4 bombs or 4 containers up to 50kg each one.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Which versions of the 190 carried under-wing cannon pods?

A-8 has 4 cannons i thin it should be enought

what i would like to have is mounted in center line 50-60mm cannon :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

That's really nothing. So what's the point of buying this "new" plane if someone already has d9?

its the same point when buying f-18 and f-16

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

That's really nothing. So what's the point of buying this "new" plane if someone already has d9?

Because it is a much better opponent for the Spitfire over Normandy. Did you really not think of that?

Or is your idea of flight simming just flying the fastest, toughest, bestest manouvreing, most heavily armed and sod the rest? Wouldn't that be a shame!

Still, I guess each to his own!

So what's the point of buying this "new" plane

Plenty of points. Finding and understanding said points is however left as an exercise to the reader.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Which versions of the 190 carried under-wing cannon pods?

If you mean 2 MG151/20 in one gondola (additional 4 cannons instead of 2 MG FF in wings), it was under A-5/U12 model.

MK103/30 was used under F-8 wings.

Both saw very limited action.

F-15E | F-14A/B

I didnt mean I want some "the strongest" planes. My favorite plane is ajs37, and as you can see, ajs37 is definitely not the "strongest" plane in the game. I like it because it is interesting and its old system is different from modern planes like a10c or f18 or ka50. As a player who already have d9, I would like to see something NEW on the new plane. People buy a NEW model because they want to try NEW things. If a model wants to be attractive, it needs to have some distinctive features right?

I suggest devs can make a f8 variant sell it together with a8, like cc101.

btw, flight sim gamers are just gamers.

The difference is the engine man. For some it may seem like absolutely nothing for others it means a world of difference.

Also a lot more DAKKA :-)

It is also confirmed ED is giving us both A8 and F8 as a modification i believe. How is it going to be realized ingame i dont know.

The A-8 can carry the MK108. Against bombers it will be awesome. The D-9 was designed to be more of an air superiority fighter. The A-8 was more of a bomber interceptor. Also I think the A-8 is better on fuel usage than the D-9. The big radial can take more punishment than the Dora's liquid cooled engine as well.

Edited by Zeagle

You might want to explain this statement to myself and many other (notably military) pilots who fly DCS.

I don't think "gaming", that is, playing to win a game, is what motivates the programmers to spend countless thankless hours developing something like DCS.

As for the "gamers", I think most DCS pilots are real world pilots or at least want-to-be pilots.

And I think most of us enjoy simulating a real world aviation experience. So I disagree with your statement.

And, if you want to see the gamer mentality in action, just look at some of the space sims. The "pay-to-win" thing and such doesn't work out too well. Gamers don't appreciate the finer points. They just want to see a score.

Ummm... no. We're gamers, definitely, but if we were "just gamers" we'd go for something giving us instant gratification.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I add the word "just" because I kind of feel that some dcs players in my circle are a little bit "higher" or "different" even "noble" than other "common" game players. This makes me use the word. People play games to get entertained. Some people get entertained by shot someone in their heads, some people get entertained by learning something new, some people get entertained by experiencing a whole new life they've never lived before. And flight sim games gather the last two kinds of people together and enjoy. But overall, people are just get entertained in the flight sim games, maybe through shooting some bandits down, maybe through learning a new avionics system, maybe through flying a airline safely. These are not the reason that our flight sim players feel the sense of "nobility". In the end, the game isnt a real military simulators, and it is just a game. What we call some people who play games? We call them "gamers"

The "pay-to-win" thing and such doesn't work out too well. Gamers don't appreciate the finer points. They just want to see a score.

Gaming definitely doesnt mean "winning a game" There are a whole bunch of games that are not designed to "score" at all, like "the war of mine", "the witness", "paper please", "where the water tastes like wine"....... lots of them. These games are designed to tell a good story, to make people think deeply about a point.

Gaming is an action of get entertained in some games, Some people get entertained by shot someone in their heads, some people get entertained by learning something new, some people get entertained by experiencing a whole new life they've never lived before.But overall, all of them are just playing games.

Also, dcsw this game itself is not a military simulator, it is undoubtedly, a GAME. What we call some people who play games? We call them "gamers"

Edited by IDontLikeBigbrother
grammar errors

Can I safely assume the A8 will come with the same default weapons like the D9:

Wing mounted 210mm rockets

Fuselage 500kg bomb

Fuselage 4 50kg bombs

And being the A8 I hope they give us the double barreled mg151 cannons gunpod. Having 4 20mm cannons firing at a column of trucks and halftracks is a sight to behold, but with 6 20mm cannons blazing, nothing short of a tank will survive that kind of firepower.

Can I safely assume the A8 will come with the same default weapons like the D9:

Wing mounted 210mm rockets

Fuselage 500kg bomb

Fuselage 4 50kg bombs

And being the A8 I hope they give us the double barreled mg151 cannons gunpod. Having 4 20mm cannons firing at a column of trucks and halftracks is a sight to behold, but with 6 20mm cannons blazing, nothing short of a tank will survive that kind of firepower.

Shooting it with your wing man and there will be 8 20mm cannons.:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]