F-14 module is great, but what's with OP - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-17-2019, 08:46 PM   #21
eatthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
Yes Lantirn for Jester is already in development and should come soon. We cannot give an estimate yet as it is quite the monumental task to make it as clever as possible, but we are progressing well at the moment.
good because i cant hit a damn thing with mk82s haha and i only fly mp and mostly alone so no lgbs for me
eatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:38 PM   #22
Halcyon+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutex View Post
F-14 is OP in multiplayer because of Jester. Please add an option to disable Jester in multiplayer, as requested by this thread already.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=232615

I'm interested to know why you think Jester is OP?
Care to give any reasons?
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:42 PM   #23
MiG21bisFishbedL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
We are improving Jester. But making a clever AI is a huge task and takes time.
Hearing that is all I need to know. I'm well aware of the challenges in programming AI in its most basic iterations, I can only imagine how much something of Jester's complexity would make you want to try out for the discuss event with your monitor.

Move MiG. For great justice. You know what you doing. Take off every MiG.
CH Combatstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals
MiG21bisFishbedL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:06 PM   #24
IronMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG21bisFishbedL View Post
Hearing that is all I need to know. I'm well aware of the challenges in programming AI in its most basic iterations, I can only imagine how much something of Jester's complexity would make you want to try out for the discuss event with your monitor.

Thank you for your kind understanding. We recently added RWS and ground stabilize for Jester, Lantirn is currently in the works, we are also working on a fix for human RIOs disconnecting, so that you can bring back Jester to live. We will then continue improving TWS auto and "teach" him better radar work regarding the elevation angles, improve the angle settings and much more. I dont want to spill too many beans, because we will see how much we will actually be able to deliver for him, but the plans for him are to keep constantly evolving and learning, also taking on board the feedback from you guys.

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/
IronMike is offline   Reply With Quote