Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System - Page 36 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 12:59 PM   #351
dburne
Veteran

That would all be nice, but I am not going to be able to hold out as long as it apparently
is going to take for them to bring out a throttle unit.

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w PS | Samsung 970 Pro, 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme |VKB GF Pro MCG Pro| EVGA DG 87 Case |
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:42 PM   #352
Ant0ine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
What I would like to see, is programmable throttle detents, so at different aircrafts the detent can be set same physically, even when they are different virtually.
That is done with the curve setting, however the VKB software don't provide the needed tool for this yet.

The only soft I know to make this properly is Joystick Gremlin.
We can set the AB point exactly where we want depending on the aircrafts we'll fly, and keep perfect linearity before and after the point.

So, because our physical detente doesn't move, we change the height of the AB point depending on the Aircrafts we fly.

Last edited by Ant0ine; 05-15-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Ant0ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:29 PM   #353
zhukov032186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisuli View Post
As much as I like what I see in this thread I'm a little concerned. Think about it...

Belorussian base
Polish stick extension
French grip
Croatian pedals
Russian throttle

I worry about what's really happening on that USB bus with all this stuff talking to each other when I'm not around...
Wars have started with less!
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:27 PM   #354
Fri13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant0ine View Post
That is done with the curve setting, however the VKB software don't provide the needed tool for this yet.

The only soft I know to make this properly is Joystick Gremlin.
We can set the AB point exactly where we want depending on the aircrafts we'll fly, and keep perfect linearity before and after the point.

So, because our physical detente doesn't move, we change the height of the AB point depending on the Aircrafts we fly.
Sure, but that should be done in the DCS really. It should be easy to do for DCS axis config so that you take the throttle and you push the throttle forward until the afterburner detent is reached and then you set that range in DCS axis to AB. It could/should be a general config even then for all, so even if every module has different range, it would still be same for all.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:36 PM   #355
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant0ine View Post
VKB DevCfg tool in Action > Profile > Axes > Response Curve is not able to set this same curve?
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:51 PM   #356
Ant0ine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Sure, but that should be done in the DCS really. It should be easy to do for DCS axis config so that you take the throttle and you push the throttle forward until the afterburner detent is reached and then you set that range in DCS axis to AB. It could/should be a general config even then for all, so even if every module has different range, it would still be same for all.
Yep that would be nice, just like in Falcon 4 if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1_br View Post
VKB DevCfg tool in Action > Profile > Axes > Response Curve is not able to set this same curve?
I can't do it personally. While we can set the Y value pretty accurately, we can only set those value every ten of the physical range (X). So if the physical detent (X) is at let's say 85%.. We can't do much to make the virtual detent (Y) match the physical detent without killing the linearity.

Last edited by Ant0ine; 05-17-2019 at 05:08 PM.
Ant0ine is offline   Reply With Quote