VR Zoom compatible for Pimax 8K series ? ED is invited here - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #1
guimcdo

Question VR Zoom compatible for Pimax 8K series ? ED is invited here

Hey, hello all,

Due to big FOV, and angled screen of pimax 8K series headset, the VR zoom is broken ,both images converge, and the user is cross-eyed.

A way to avoid this problem is to set pitool software in parallele projection mode, but it's ressource consumption.

@Wags and your team, is it a chance for VR zoom to be compatible with this kind of headset ?

Thanks for your support.
Rgds
Guillaume
guimcdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
lefuneste01

You can also try my mod (read the whole thread, because informations are spreaded for the moment) : https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...9&postcount=22

It makes VR zoom working without PP for Pimax and add higher zoom factors (with some little glitches) to look outside the cockpit.
By the way, I made this mod also to show devs that the current 2x with slow transition zoom is not optimal, so a zoom axis as in 2D should be a far better solution....

Last edited by lefuneste01; 05-16-2019 at 04:43 PM.
lefuneste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:00 PM   #3
guimcdo

Hey Lefuneste, I'm Loulou la loutre from C6 french forum, I know your mod ;-)

In fact, I would like ED change his zoom to be compliant with next headset, maybe a field where we can adjust the angle between both screen, don't know.
Even your mod works, as you know, the zoom transition is vomiting, a mod can be a problem on server checking integrity... thus, I thinks it's a better way if ED manage this feature in DCS natively.

See you
guimcdo is offline   Reply With Quote