Arresting system, PAPI lights, ALSF-1 in Nellis?

It´s suppose that RWY 03R/21L in Nellis AFB is equipped with High Intensity Runway Lights (HIRL), Approach Lighting System with Sequenced Flashing Lights Category 1 (ALSF-1), and Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI) System and RWY

03L/21R is equipped with HIRL and PAPI, but I can´t see PAPI lights at day or night in any of the runways, and can´t see ALSF-1 lights in runway 03R/21L. Also, it seems that the arresting system doesn´t work, or I´m not able to catch the wire...

Are PAPI and ALSF-1 lights and arresting system WIP after all these years? Is some kind of bug in my system or something? Those lights are a pretty important part of any airfield and I think it would be a priority in case it is WIP since NTTR is no more a beta. Also, the arresting system is not as important as the lights, but it adds a lot of realism and inmersion to an airfiel.

PD. I have seen a video in YT where you can see the PAPI lights working in Nellis, at least in RWY 21R, and others videos where you can´t see them at all... so, I don´t know what to think. It's something that works in some updates and stops working in others, or something?

Edited by Kongamato

I will have to check the current state of lights at Nellis but I can assure you there is no emergency arresting in DCS at any field, any map. Also the NTTR development is said to be final.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

It would be good to have airfield arrestor systems IN DCS as all NATO airfields housing fast jets have such systems. They're called RHAG (Rotary Hydraulic Arrestor Gear) at British bases and are usually backed up by a Barrier at the end of the runway which can be raised and lowered.

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

I will have to check the current state of lights at Nellis but I can assure you there is no emergency arresting in DCS at any field, any map. Also the NTTR development is said to be final.

It seems that at some point those PAPI lights were functional, but maybe now they don´t work for some kind o bug or something. Also the ALSF-1 lights for RW 03R/21L would be a good thing, and I think that those never were added. About the arrestor system, if they have implemented it in carriers, I suppose they could implement it in runways preaty easily.

Also the ALSF-1 lights for RW 03R/21L would be a good thing, and I think that those never were added.

Actually, depending on the wing direction the active runway changes so you can get PAPI on both 21L/R but on the 21L are the beautiful ALSF-1 lights. I was in awe, thx, because I don't think I saw that in DCS before :)

As for the arrestor system please take it to the DCS Wishlist subforum. Not that it wasn't asked before.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Thanks Draconus, I think I´m starting to understand the problem. Probably when I made my night test, I wasn´t contacting with the tower and there wasn´t active runway.

I have made new tests contacting with the tower and YES, I see PAPI in both runways and ALSF-1 in RW 21L, BUT, the active runway doesn´t depend on the wing direction. Aparently, depends on the wing intensity. If I configure for example 11 Kn/seg. the active runway is 21R and I don´t see ALSF-1, and If I configure 22 Kn/seg the active runway for landing is 21L and I see ALSF-1. I can´t get the RWY 03 active by changin the direction of the wind, so I don´t know under what atmospheric conditions RWY 03 will be active...

Problem is, during daytime, I can´t see PAPI even asking and obtaining from the ATC permission for landing. Shouldn´t the PAPI lights be ON at daytime too in active rwy, even if they are not so visible as at night (about 5 miles at day, 20 at night)?

2109690155_LandingNellis.thumb.png.68661ea718207b9b96ec602efc345572.png

Edited by Kongamato

I have made new tests contacting with the tower and YES, I see PAPI in both runways and ALSF-1 in RW 21L, BUT, the active runway doesn´t depend on the wing direction. Aparently, depends on the wing intensity.

I have run the mission many times and it's the wind direction that changes active runway. Too weak of a wind just may be not enough to be a reason for a reversal, which is correct.

Seems like 03 recovery and 21 departures are not modeled.

During full VFR there are no lights whatsoever during a day. In bad wheather the lights should be on even in the middle of the day.