Won't lift off

franx

OK, here's a weird one. I use the Thrustmaster 16000 HOTAS and throttle, and they're great. But all of a sudden I can't lift the A-10c off the runway. It's the only plane that has this problem.

I've cleared and reset the axis commands in both the throttle and the HOTAS. Roll works fine, pitch just won't lift the nose -- and this problem just started, because I've been flying the A-10c on and off for a week.

I've also noticed that the engine thrust builds very slowly, barely surpassing 130 before I roll off the runway's end and blow up. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Anyone have this same problem? Any ideas?

Edited by franx

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

OK, here's a weird one. I use the Thrustmaster 1600 HOTAS and throttle, and they're great. But all of a sudden I can't lift the A-10c off the runway. It's the only plane that has this problem.

I've cleared and reset the axis commands in both the throttle and the HOTAS. Roll works fine, pitch just won't lift the nose -- and this problem just started, because I've been flying the A-10c on and off for a week.

I've also noticed that the engine thrust builds very slowly, barely surpassing 130 before I roll off the runway's end and blow up. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Anyone have this same problem? Any ideas?

Did you check your axis settings and make sure saturation is set to 100% ? Sounds like you just are reaching the end of the travel for the joystick axis.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Yes, checked saturation. That's not it, alas.

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

Any possibility of double binds with other controllers? My rudder pedals do it all the time.

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

Do you have a set of pedals with toe brakes? Sometimes the default axis settings for toe brakes has the brakes on with no pressure applied, and they release when you push your brake pedals all the way down. Pull up the axis tune for the toe brakes and put a check in the "invert" box.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Like the good ideas everyone else is posting I would lean towards a binding issue somewhere. Have you tried an airborne start to see if you have sufficient pitch authority in the air?

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Do you have a set of pedals with toe brakes? Sometimes the default axis settings for toe brakes has the brakes on with no pressure applied, and they release when you push your brake pedals all the way down. Pull up the axis tune for the toe brakes and put a check in the "invert" box.

I had this, ended up in the ocean a couple of times until I realized what was happening.

What’s the weather like in your mission? Perhaps a 100 kts tailwind? Probably obvious, but worth checking in case you’re playing some random mission you found online.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

+1 for the controls indicator with RCTL+Enter. It will show you what inputs DCS receives and should tell you whether it's a problem with the controllers or something to do with the mission.

Also, if you post a track or a video (track preferred), we could virtually look over your shoulder and maybe spot what's going wrong.

Thanks for all these ideas guys. I don't see a controller conflict on the system board; and pitch works fine when I'm airborne. I disconnected my foot pedals some time ago because the TM 1600 does a good job in their place from the stick.

I had two similar but slightly different A-10c profiles in my input file; maybe that's the issue? I deleted one but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Will check your ideas above and report back.

Just push the throttle all the way up and check wether the "PERCENT RPM" comes up to 100%. If it doesn't, you haven't got enough thrust. Then the problem should be in your controller settings.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Tried a repair of DCS?

Tried clearing out all your bindings in your savedgames\DCS\config\input\A-10C folder? (Not your main DCS folder)

Have you tried it with a clean aircraft. No stores?

Have you tried looking at the throttle innthr cockpif and see if it’s going all the way forward in its slot?

What percent RPM are you getting to on the engines?

Lots of info you could give us to help you out

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

This is driving me nuts. No joy yet. ;(

Please post a track or a video (track preferred). Or at least post your mission so that we can take a look at the loadout and the environmental conditions.

Other than that, you could try renaming your Saved Games\DCS folder, start DCS, just configure pitch, roll and throttle for the A-10C and check if the problem is still there. If it's gone, then you could take it from there and try to figure out which config files cause the issue, delete these and keep all the rest so you don't have to redo all configuration and keybind settings for DCS itself and all the other aircraft.

Edit: What Deano87 said (should have read that before posting...). :)

Push the throttle up as far as it will go...look at your RPM Gauges...press the keyboard command o increase thrust (keypad "+" ?) see if the RPMs increase further. If they do, you have a controller issue.

Another possible fix is to delete the saved games /config /input /A-10C folder then run repair. After that redo you binding and see if the problem goes away.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Still working my way through these good suggestions. Will post when something finally works. Right now I've managed to get airborne once in the last six or seven tries. What's baffling is that before this weirdness started, I was having no trouble at all with the A-10c; moreover, the problem is limited to the A-10c.

I've recalibrated my HOTAS and throttle, reset and checked tuning on my axis commands, run rctrl+enter (throttle so far seems fine), etc. But I'm not getting speeds more than about 122 before I run out of runway. ;(

Providing a track would say more than a thousand words...

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Is it possible your loaded heavy, maybe try a practice run without any ordinance. The A10 is much harder to takeoff than most. You could bring up that display that shows what joystick inputs are being felt. Id bet your bindings to throttle are not going all the way to full. Good luck, I hope you get it figured out, the A10C is a fun one to fly and master. Ill log in and look around and see if I can recreate your issue on mine.

Providing a track would say more than a thousand words...

Yeah, no track, no video, no mission file, not a single word on the loadout, the environment, or the airport... I get the feeling OP doesn't actually want any help at all. With the next nonsensical "thanks for everything, still doesn't work" I'll unsubscribe and never look back.

Yeah, no track, no video, no mission file, not a single word on the loadout, the environment, or the airport... I get the feeling OP doesn't actually want any help at all. With the next nonsensical "thanks for everything, still doesn't work" I'll unsubscribe and never look back.

Me too.