VEAO ends all their DCS development

QuiGon

Nothing has changed with our Hawk license agreement with VEAO and our relationship regarding the Hawk. We hope they will continue supporting it.

If anything changes, we will make a statement regarding it going forward.

Interesting, thanks! So this decision is entirely on VEAO and it's kinda weird that they inform the public before informing ED that they cease to stop all their work on DCS. :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing has changed with our Hawk license agreement with VEAO and our relationship regarding the Hawk. We hope they will continue supporting it.

Well, this statement is a pretty clear indication that they're either not willing or they're incapable of supporting the product. A statement in this regard would be much better sooner rather than later.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Well, this statement is a pretty clear indication that they're either not willing or they're incapable of supporting the product. A statement in this regard would be much better sooner rather than later.

Agree. It would be very weird to leave a product of a company that no longer exists and has ceased all work on said product on the store website. Imagine someone new to DCS buys it without knowing that the developer already completey gave up on it. That would not reflect well on DCS at all.

Agree. It would be very weird to leave a product of a company that no longer exists and has ceased all work on said product on the store website. Imagine someone new to DCS buys it without knowing that the developer already completey gave up on it. That would not reflect well on DCS at all.

I was just thinking of the existing customers, but this is an even bigger concern. This is an excellent point.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Yes, sounds like no support there. Have ED plan give Hawk under his wings?

As Nineline mentioned, legally nothing was changed regarding to agreements. So IMO it stays as it is.

If there comes a decision that ED would re-make everything from scratch without using any VEAO's work; maybe that's possible.. Something similar to blackshark 1 versus 2.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

As Nineline mentioned, legally nothing was changed regarding to agreements. So IMO it stays as it is.
It takes two to tango. There needs to be a trading company, or at least some sort of VEAO existence for things not to change. The disappearing websites do not give me confidence that is the case.

PC specs:

it is cut and dry disingenuous to continue to sell this module without a disclaimer that the development has officially ceased. if you want to continue to sell it, you should come up with a solution take possession of the source materials and continue development in-house as a first party module. The way I see it, VEAO got their effort's worth of money by selling a buggy unfinished module to the people who already own it, and ending support at a drop of a hat.

If ED wants to continue development of the hawk and sales, they should be entitled to most if not all of the profits going forward. Of course thats just my two cents.

I actually enjoy the Hawk, and I've ran into others that enjoy it. So not everyone is interested in a refund.

I also enjoy the hawk, but I am simply unable to get my moneys worth out of it because of the bugs that plague it. I basically only get to enjoy it in the Mach Loop or formation flight instant actions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek x45 Hotas

Canadian!

The best solution would be a continuing support by ED. If they bring the Hawk to the same level with the L39 and also with multicrew, a lot of squadron would appreciate a western multicrew trainer.

But the C101 will kinda fill the same role and they might have to start at zero.

That‘s pretty bad! Bought the Hawk during my DCS restart two weeks ago without discount! Hope someone will take over the Hawk. If it´s just discontinued I think it was the last module I bought without discount. Also interesting that this is announced on Facebook but not here were they sell / support (?) their products. Let´s see what´s next.

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

I feel bad for the owners of the Hawk and those that paid for the P-40. Hawk owners never got their money's worth and the P-40 turned out to be vaporware at best or a scam at worst. Unfortunately, this was probably the only real option left for VEAO since their name has long been synonymous with underperformance.

I hate to say this and kick the horse while its down( i do like to do that) but "We hope they will continue supporting it." there not lets be real. The last update from them was Patch DCS 2.5.2.20036 Update 8 08-01-2018 and before that was 2.5.1 04-25-2018. SO lets say they did patch every 4 months december would be the next update at the best but then this came around. It sounds like they stopped supporting it a long time ago.