Predator: UAV for DCS World

Rongor

• 6 months later...
Turn on DCS quick start Reaper UAV

Sit back and watch Reaper fly mission

Get on $400 Hotas to land reaper

I recommend reading "Hunter Killer: Inside America's Unmanned Air War" by Lt. Col. T.Mark McCurley and "Predator: The Secret Origins of the Drone Revolution" Richard Whittle, to understand the difference between RPA (Remotely Piloted Aircraft) and SciFi depictions of fully autonomous UAVS.

In addition to a valuable insight they are a fun read. Lt. Col. McCurley's more from the pilot/operator perspective, whereas Whittle's book is more deeply into the history behind and the background... ;)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I recommend reading "Hunter Killer: Inside America's Unmanned Air War" by Lt. Col. T.Mark McCurley and "Predator: The Secret Origins of the Drone Revolution" Richard Whittle, to understand the difference between RPA (Remotely Piloted Aircraft) and SciFi depictions of fully autonomous UAVS.

In addition to a valuable insight they are a fun read. Lt. Col. McCurley's more from the pilot/operator perspective, whereas Whittle's book is more deeply into the history behind and the background... ;)

Very nice book tips! Thank you!

• 1 year later...

A controllable drone in DCS would be just awesome.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

In lue of full fidelity model, I'd like to see an autonomous platform that can have sensors controlled, but vehicle control would be via way point, task, security stance assignment.

There was a Mod for ArmA that gave the user an iPad like terminal. The terminal had a scroll-able map, TPOD camera, and a designation laser. The point of view was attached to a model that already existed in the game. A biplane by default. It worked great

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS