Mission 08 (dam protection) broken trigger in latest open beta

I'm currently playing OPF for the second time. In mission 8, where you have to protect the dam, one of the triggers doesn't work in the latest open beta version, but it works in the stable version.

The problem occurs when you are anchoring at IP ZULU and copy the coordinates for sites DELTA and VICTOR. I get the comms for DELTA, but when I'm asked to confirm that I'm ready to copy information for VICTOR, the F10 option doesn't show up. I even waited a few minutes, and it still won't appear.

fetch?filedataid=261737&type=full

I'm currently playing OPF for the second time. In mission 8, where you have to protect the dam, one of the triggers doesn't work in the latest open beta version, but it works in the stable version.

The problem occurs when you are anchoring at IP ZULU and copy the coordinates for sites DELTA and VICTOR. I get the comms for DELTA, but when I'm asked to confirm that I'm ready to copy information for VICTOR, the F10 option doesn't show up. I even waited a few minutes, and it still won't appear.

I have not tested OPF in beta please use stable for the campaign.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick reaction. Isn't it possible that the mission will also break in Stable, as soon as some more features from Open Beta get merged? So fixing it might still be a good idea?
Beta isn't supported for the campaign, not going to try to fix a bug when the stable version is working, we will have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any fix for this bug? I don't have the Stable build installed and I really can't be bothered transferring all my stuff over to Stable just to play this one mission.

Can I just copy the coordinates for Victor from a YouTube video and continue the mission or will that break the scripting?

Edited by HoneyBadger

The ED team narrowed down the problem, I will be testing the fix requested tonight and submitting to ED for update. Thanks

Edited by Ranger79

Good news boys, with the help of the ED team, isolated the problem, tested in both beta and stable and all is working for Mission 08. Submitted fixed file to ED for distribution. Thanks for reporting the issue!

• 2 weeks later...

Just for your info:

The fix is now live with the new update :)

Will try it now and let you know if everything is working! (i am sure it is!)

Edit: Just finished Mission 8, thanks for the fix, enjoyed it alot :) (unfortunately, my wingman got shot down/crashed, need to look at TacView to see what went wrong?!)

Edited by Crimson_Ghost138

• 3 months later...

I think I'm having this same issue where I launch mission 8 and it's just like freeflight mode with wingmen, there's no dialog or anything. I'm using the Steam version and I've tried switching from openbeta to stable, and it seems to be the same. Is there anything I can try to fix this?

edit - nevermind, I got it. I had copied the mission files from the DCS steam folder to my users' Saved Games folder so I could load them, so they were out of date. Copying again with the updated files made it work like a champ

Edited by cwapface