The Rookie Thread

Start Cheat

OK,

Been having no problems at least getting started because, up until tonight, my Ka has been fully started-up and ready to roll. Now, all of a sudden, I am required and the ole LWIN + Home cheat is not working. This has prolly already been posted somewhere, so excuse me if so...any ideas?

Praetor Ben - Who the %$@# Just Blew me outta tha Sky?

thats wierd I was having same issues this morning the KA50 would not fully start-up.

I had to reboot the machine.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Just tested this - haven't cheat-started since patch.

Works for me.

Perhaps you have an external program function (say, TIR or Fraps?) bound to home key. Disable/reassign and it may work for you.

EDIT: if you have a G15 k/b, the win key lockout slide switch may be on... ;)

Rectum non bustus

How do you minimize fuel consumption?

I seem to recall there being a sweet spot of maximum fuel efficiency, but I do not recall what it was.

Thank you.

Itkovian

Look at your ABRIS / Performance setup submenue:

economic speed in climb: 130 kmh IAS

economic speed in flight: 180 kmh IAS

economic speed in descent: 120 kmh IAS

Thanks a Ton..stupid noob I am!..lol

Just tested this - haven't cheat-started since patch.

Works for me.

Perhaps you have an external program function (say, TIR or Fraps?) bound to home key. Disable/reassign and it may work for you.

EDIT: if you have a G15 k/b, the win key lockout slide switch may be on... ;)

Thanks for the G-15 tip....I have a new KB...G-19; and the win lock key was on...disengaged and all is good.

Now, ... can someone help me learn how to engage enemy air targets? ... I know I must have to use cannons, but I need help getting myself into the correct HUD ..schvall (sp) set-up to take-down enemy choppers. Is there a reticle that helps me to lead my target?....do I just have to manually lead my target? The AI choppers seem to have the whole leading the target thing down b/c I have noticed that they will smoke me on thier first try using their cannons. bas#%$#! Thanks for the help!

Praetor Ben - Who the %$@# Just Blew me outta tha Sky?

I have patched to 1.02. Can anyone tell me how to get some training on the arbris and other navigation techniques? Also, now that I am flying online, I would also need some training on the DataLink thingy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

I have patched to 1.02. Can anyone tell me how to get some training on the arbris and other navigation techniques? Also, now that I am flying online, I would also need some training on the DataLink thingy.

Head to the FAQ forum sticky and the download section on the official site - digitalcombatsimulator.com

Thanks for the G-15 tip....I have a new KB...G-19; and the win lock key was on...disengaged and all is good.

Now, ... can someone help me learn how to engage enemy air targets? ... I know I must have to use cannons, but I need help getting myself into the correct HUD ..schvall (sp) set-up to take-down enemy choppers. Is there a reticle that helps me to lead my target?....do I just have to manually lead my target? The AI choppers seem to have the whole leading the target thing down b/c I have noticed that they will smoke me on thier first try using their cannons. bas#%$#! Thanks for the help!

I just use the Skval like I would on a ground unit. It's a bit harder to get a lock, but it's doable. Only other thing is set the weapons system to AA on the weapon control panel. You can even use Vikhers on choppers in AA mode. If they are coming in head on, there is a head on AA option as well. This mode changes the fuse on the missile in case it misses with a direct hit. Then the side fuses set off next to the chopper spraying it with shrapnel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you put your targeting computer in A/A mode, the cannon will lead automatically. Just lock the shkval on the enemy (eaiser said than done!), and the cannon will slew to lead the target. A note about using Vikhrs in A/A mode: they don't turn very well, so only use them head-on or in trail with your target. Try Dragon's multi-player mission pack, there is a A/A practice mission with varying levels of difficulty.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

• 2 weeks later...

Have a question but not sure if i should even ask!

Is there a way i can make the shark fly faster without gettings warnings! or make the BS appear to fly faster? change a setting or something in a file! i feel that even when flying the BS within its limits the BS looks sluggish to me! anyone feels the same! what do you think?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 10.8 | Windows 7 64 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek x52 | 4GB DDR2 | E8400 O.C 3.8 Ghz | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse

http://www.war-hawks.net

is recruiting.

http://www.war-hawks.net/private/index.php/recruitform

You want the BS to appear faster? It is obviously not a jet. They are not race cars. If you feel the need for speed, grab a copy of FC2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

You want the BS to appear faster? It is obviously not a jet. They are not race cars. If you feel the need for speed, grab a copy of FC2.

check this video, no way you can fly this fast in the game, it just doesn't at least seem to be flying this fast.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 10.8 | Windows 7 64 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek x52 | 4GB DDR2 | E8400 O.C 3.8 Ghz | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse

is recruiting.

... you mean the parts that have been deliberately sped-up, and/or the camera is heavily zoomed in and/or is mounted on another aircraft, thus making it look like the Ka-50 is flying faster than it is? ;)

The speed in the simulator is correct.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

ok, i would like to experiment, is there a setting/mod i can use to play around with speed/animation speed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

is recruiting.

... you can use the time compression?

as of speeding up the whole game!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

is recruiting.

That's exactly what you see in the video. Same effect ;)

can i use time compression in the file where i can speed it up by fractions rather than in game!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

is recruiting.

Mine seems to fly that fast. I am talking about the on a/c cameras, not the cameras mounted in other places. Also, not sure what camera speed they are using in that video, that can make a huge difference.

I would like to know what the giant pods are at the 1:51 mark.

Also, I have trouble getting my BS to make that upward 180 turn. I also find it impossible to get my BS to fly sideways at speed. not sure how fast that pilot was going when he was flying sideways though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

Fact is I havent seen a single flight sim that can realistically portray speed unless you have a very expensive dome/360 degree display system and a good graphics/terrain engine that is detailed. Real life flying will always feel a lot faster than a sim.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

Can you speed up time like in IL2? If so, just increase speed of time and then you will be going really fast, right into the ground. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

hi power; I know that hammer head your talking about is doable and takes a lot of practice.

Mine seems to fly that fast. I am talking about the on a/c cameras, not the cameras mounted in other places. Also, not sure what camera speed they are using in that video, that can make a huge difference.

I would like to know what the giant pods are at the 1:51 mark.

Also, I have trouble getting my BS to make that upward 180 turn. I also find it impossible to get my BS to fly sideways at speed. not sure how fast that pilot was going when he was flying sideways though.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||