Av-8B Update Sticky ?

Neon67

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you’re heads down looking at a moving map you’re not performing CAS.
LOL

If you don't know where enemy is or where you are or friendlies are, you can't do CAS.

That is simple situational awareness benefit with moving map.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

LOL

If you don't know where enemy is or where you are or friendlies are, you can't do CAS.

That is simple situational awareness benefit with moving map.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

You don’t need a moving map for that, but you do you. it’s a tool but aircraft did CAS very well long before they had moving maps.

Anyways we’re off topic, this thread is about an update sticky.

Edited by Snoopy

You don’t need a moving map for that, but you do you. it’s a tool but aircraft did CAS very well long before they had moving maps.

+1

I am looking forward to Target waypoints and offset function for IPs. They might have shown the map because a waypoint page might look less interesting.

Yes of course there were CAS done without moving map, by using kneeboard and maps that pilots opened and closed etc and marked etc.

You can't see everything from up in the air, you don't know where something is when someone at ground says the road or town name and distance from it. You are pulling map out and searching the info where your troops are, where the enemy is located.

Even in a ural areas you are called for a spotted targets, their heading on the road, and your task is then to pull map out find the reported location and build a possibility where they might have been moving on roads, or where they might stop etc.

CAS is not just flying around with specific group and having visuals to them.

It is not about having a waypoints to your targets programmed before flight.

Currently the INS is perfect, there is no malfunction, there is no misalignment or other errors. Your waypoints and your aircraft position is perfectly known by INS. So be happy for that! You have more than wanted!

What we don't have is total lack of moving map that is big upgrade to any CAS aircraft!

So sorry, INS takes the backseat in the upgrade. And you can argue as much you want that moving map is useless and not needed function, but for marines and any other CAS pilot it was the improvement over previous CAS aircrafts.

MM1.thumb.PNG.b9af7a8b3d1937f7a43a0ac5c305a41f.PNG

MM2.thumb.PNG.f347838170eaee7e7949d2276e791f98.PNG

MM3.PNG.73514410eb0caec77d57e70ee9f37486.PNG

What the ARBS system made to have better accuracy drop bombs than any other aircraft like F-18 Hornet and to be easily capable know exactly where your attack point was when you fly over, the moving map makes it for navigation and target search and situational awareness.

If we would not have INS at all, so we couldn't get any navigation systems working, then I would agree that we need INS first!

https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Michael_Franzak_A_Nightmare_s_Prayer?id=KqenaOE0ziIC

The thread has already served its purpose: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3424325&postcount=117

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.