AV-8B Night Attack livery suggestions

Zeus67

Pretty cool that they put their colors/designs/stripes on the helmets too for other units and not just the Sheep. didn't know that more than one unit did that, but there you go!!

Not to hijack the thread, but one of the Nightmares wrote a book about his experiences in Afghanistan, real good book.

http://www.seaforces.org/usmcair/VMA/VMA-214.htm

I clicked the link above and saw that when the Blacksheep were on the Boxer as pictured their tailcode changed to YX. I didn't know tailcodes changed, I thought they stayed the same no matter where the squadron was operating out of, like the unit callsign does. Usually they run WE on the tail. Anyone know why that switched, or if this is a normal thing that I've never caught onto? By the dates on thhe photos in 2015 they were still WE, and the pics labelled 2016 show the tail having YX. Was it a redesignation possibly?

I would love to know the answer to this one!!

Lastly, which tailcode will we be getting?:-)

~S

If I had to venture a guess when they are attached to a HMM they adopt the HMM's tail code.

Exactly. When aircraft augment a MEU they take on the tail code of the medium lift squadron. The medium lift squadron is then designated as "reinforced", e.g. VMM-266 (Rein). That's how the air group deploys with a MEU.

Whichever skins you decide to make, it would be neat if you could make a mix of versions of those liveries where some are factory new, whereas others bearing marks of wear and tear. Pretty much like the greek M2000C skin you got.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pretty cool that they put their colors/designs/stripes on the helmets too for other units and not just the Sheep. didn't know that more than one unit did that, but there you go!!

Not to hijack the thread, but one of the Nightmares wrote a book about his experiences in Afghanistan, real good book.

http://www.seaforces.org/usmcair/VMA/VMA-214.htm

I clicked the link above and saw that when the Blacksheep were on the Boxer as pictured their tailcode changed to YX. I didn't know tailcodes changed, I thought they stayed the same no matter where the squadron was operating out of, like the unit callsign does. Usually they run WE on the tail. Anyone know why that switched, or if this is a normal thing that I've never caught onto? By the dates on thhe photos in 2015 they were still WE, and the pics labelled 2016 show the tail having YX. Was it a redesignation possibly?

I would love to know the answer to this one!!

Lastly, which tailcode will we be getting?:-)

~S

So the navy rules are that the helmet has to have reflective tape on it, that's the white and every navy and marine squadron that I know of places it's own logo on them. The marines have a camo cover that they use to cover the helmet when they are not on the boat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
Honestly I just want the helmets to be done right. Seeing a US navy pilot or a US Marine pilot wear the grey Air Force helmets drives me nuts.

A bit late but +1

Drove me insane the first few months after the F-5 release before the updated skins.

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

Remember that the aircraft in the images must be the Night Attack version, not the Plus nor the Day Attack.

Those are Day Attack Harriers, not Night Attack, you can tell by the lack of the FLIR sensor on top of the nose.

Those are Day Attack Harriers, not Night Attack, you can tell by the lack of the FLIR sensor on top of the nose.

Thanks for the correction, completely forgot about the Day Attack version...

However to be fair to myself a good amount of the posts here are the Plus variants so I think its okay to leave it

Thanks for the correction, completely forgot about the Day Attack version...

However to be fair to myself a good amount of the posts here are the Plus variants so I think its okay to leave it

I know they are, and I'm not happy about that either. Those folks are being unhelpful and ignoring the Dev's explicit request. Their personal wants cause them to be selfish and instead of helping RAZBAM find cool liveries, they waste time and space. :mad:

• 1 month later...

Here is my suggestion which is in addition to BIGNEWYs suggested RAF/Fleet Air Arm options.

attachment.php?attachmentid=166092&stc=1&d=1500543256

As an ex harrier force member I am contemplating a campaign associated with this module it would be useful for my Norway detachment.

By the way the aircraft model is of no significance it's simply a skin request for use with a little imagination;)

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you're going to do fictional liveries something like this would be cool

SWISS%20HARRIER%20Mk58.02_zpsjsgxg7xe.jpg

I still wonder why the air force never really wanted this, would have been great in our terrain

It sure would, ya' still have the Hunter? :D

Our air force only has L-39s, and they aren't even allowed to carry weapons... I mean we were offered JA-39s for free!?!?!?:cry:

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

It sure would, ya' still have the Hunter? :D

Our air force only has L-39s, and they aren't even allowed to carry weapons... I mean we were offered JA-39s for free!?!?!?:cry:

Sadly they were retired in 1994, mostly because of structural weaknesses

Who offerd Estonia Gripens for free? and did Estonia accept them?

Sweden was scaling back it's military and had a bunch of spare Gripens collecting dust not being used. So there was a proposal to "just get rid of them" by selling them for a tiny cost or even giving them away for free to nearby nations.

At the time we didn't have an operating airbase, that was under construction. There were talks of getting them after it had finished, but it largely got forgotten about. Now we have NATO aircraft operating from our airbase.

It's strange we have the funds to operate them, but currently we are spending them on radar stations, lots of radar stations. Maybe after the radar coverage and air-bases are satisfactory we will start looking for military aviation, I sure hope so. I guess it's better this way around, after all our country has been independent for only 26 years. Just sad seeing all the F-16s, F-18s, Eurofighters, and Hogs fly over knowing that they are not ours. Still better than seeing Russian fighters fly over, cuz that also happened some years ago. But now we have NATO interceptors in the Ämari AFB to keep them in their borders. :)

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

For the sake of nostalgia (I know it is not a AV-8B N/A).

VMA-231 "Ace Of Spades" Operation Desert Storm 1991 (The in theatre light grey camo).3_13.jpg

they have the white lucent intakes to break the hard shadow.

IMG_9203.jpg

...and note the Logo has the lower A as an S ;)

Vma231-logo.gif

Edited by shagrat
  • Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 1 month later...
I vote our British brethren get an RAF livery, even if it is a bit of artistic license... There's fictional ones for other countries in other modules.

IF they want me to do the RAF liveries I'll gladly do them. ;)

I know it will never happen but eh worth a try

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 2 weeks later...

^ voicing my assent for a RAF skin, also... I'm from Dundee too!

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly: