TPOD + AGM , MPCD TPOD view back after launch

Doum76

GReetings guys,

I know the AV-8B is WIP but i am curious if it's a not implemented yet, bug or not available features on the Harrier, so i ask as curiosity or maybe i am doing something wrong.

When using AGM with TPOD help, once you have your target on TPOD, uncage your AGM, TPOD MPCD goes as Nite mode on DMT back to the EHSD, you then press your TDC down button to lock your AGM onto target, then launch, if you wanna get back your TPOD view on the MPCD you were on to see the strike, only way i get to put back the TPOD on MPCD is by going pressing manualy the PB, from Keybindigns i thought pressing the Sensor Select Switch Down would reactivage the TPOD on screen, but nada i might had simply miss understood the keybinding name « HUD Scene Reject/TGP ».

In any case, anyways ways to put back the TPOD screen on MPCD without rpessing the PB? I'm right handed, mouse is on same side of the stick, so kinda annoying holding stick left hand and mouse right hand to click, specialy since after launching an AGM the aircraft does suffer a huge weight off balance and need to retrim, ok i presume i have time to retrim, then go back pressing the PB manualy to see the strike :)

Hello,

This is what I do to avoid the TGP going offline.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

I've just watched this vid twice, and I can't see what step he actually took, in order to stop the TGP from switching off. :huh:

I've just watched this vid twice, and I can't see what step he actually took, in order to stop the TGP from switching off. :huh:

Hi,

Sorry that my video is not so clear. From memory:

• With the TGP off, select Mavs from the stores page, warm up your Mavs and uncage one. At this point the Maverick seeker will be pointing elsewhere.
  • Bring the TGP on, acquire your target and designate it.
  • SSF to bring the Mav's seeker into the target.
  • When you get in range, use the regular MAV standard operating procedure to carry out your Mav's launch.
  • The TGP will stay on after you fire. You can re-acquire targets. Rinse and repeat.

Cheers,

Hello,

This is what I do to avoid the TGP going offline.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Thanks, never thought of that :)

Now also realised i need to use AGM-65D, wa using K, butK seems to have issue on lock and most of the time only lock at 3-3,5 nm versus D around 7-9 NM, unless it's really intented to lock that close... unfortunately though IR D & G for me are hard to use on day time on MAV camera as tuey use IR, wasn't like this on pre 2.5 from what i've seen in videos though. So not sure if it's a feature or incorrect behavior that was wrongly modeled in pre-2.5 or it its is in 2.5.

Sort of related topic, It would be nice to be able to do this with the DMT. I have another unresolved matter over on this thread.:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204170

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hi,

Sorry that my video is not so clear. From memory:

• With the TGP off, select Mavs from the stores page, warm up your Mavs and uncage one. At this point the Maverick seeker will be pointing elsewhere.
  • Bring the TGP on, acquire your target and designate it.
  • SSF to bring the Mav's seeker into the target.
  • When you get in range, use the regular MAV standard operating procedure to carry out your Mav's launch.
  • The TGP will stay on after you fire. You can re-acquire targets. Rinse and repeat.

Cheers,

Thank's, this works great. I've just given it a run-through, and was able to ripple-fire 4 Maverick Gs into a tank park from 10000 feet, all with the TPOD :thumbup:

Excellent, thanks !

I wonder if this is a workaround to a bug in the AV8 by RAZBAM, or an error in the MAV employment procedure they described ? What is the official doctrine for MAV employment ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Sensor Switch Forward

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

So summarizing,

• Warm-up (cool) the Maverick's
  • Set Maverick's active on SMS page Left MPCD
  • Uncage and Sensor Select Forward to engage Maverick (ensure Maverick seeker displayed on left MPCD, and Maverick and Uncage indication on HUD, 'IRMV' and 'U')
  • Activate TPOD
  • Use TDC to slew to target and set best possible picture for good lock
  • Watch left MPCD for lock indication and RIFLE, ensure right MPCD remains on and TPOD remains active
  • Lather rinse repeat until Winchester, RTB and get to the O Club/Officer's Mess

Is that right?

'Gimp (DISCO)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

So summarizing,

• Warm-up (cool) the Maverick's
  • Set Maverick's active on SMS page Left MPCD
  • Uncage and Sensor Select Forward to engage Maverick (ensure Maverick seeker displayed on left MPCD, and Maverick and Uncage indication on HUD, 'IRMV' and 'U')
  • Activate TPOD
  • Use TDC to slew to target and set best possible picture for good lock
  • Watch left MPCD for lock indication and RIFLE, ensure right MPCD remains on and TPOD remains active
  • Lather rinse repeat until Winchester, RTB and get to the O Club/Officer's Mess

Is that right?

'Gimp (DISCO)

close, need to change LEFT MFCD w/ Mav to IRMV then lock.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Does this still work in stable 2.5? I am following all the steps but the mavs will not acquire a lock. I have IMRV uncaged looking at tanks in sync with the TP but the crosshairs will not close allowing me to fire, no matter how close I get. If a press SSF to recycle IMRV I loose the TP but can then fire a Mav.

My steps....

Select Mav AGM D (IMRV) from stores, mavs are RDY

Uncage ( HUD shows IMRV U)

SSF to select IMRV on L mcdu

Switch on TP, find target ie Tank at which point I get Point track.

Mav crosshairs on target, attempt to lock by moving TDC but it never will.

Can you see anything I'm missing here?

Hi guys,

Does this still work in stable 2.5? I am following all the steps but the mavs will not acquire a lock. I have IMRV uncaged looking at tanks in sync with the TP but the crosshairs will not close allowing me to fire, no matter how close I get. If a press SSF to recycle IMRV I loose the TP but can then fire a Mav.

My steps....

Select Mav AGM D (IMRV) from stores, mavs are RDY

Uncage ( HUD shows IMRV U)

SSF to select IMRV on L mcdu

Switch on TP, find target ie Tank at which point I get Point track.

Mav crosshairs on target, attempt to lock by moving TDC but it never will.

Can you see anything I'm missing here?

Are you pressing TDC down (Action)....you may have to do it a few times before it will acquire the lock. It doesn't auto acquire like the GBU's (when they work....).

Hope this helps.

Edited by sunwukong