2.5 Installer failed to copy Maps from 2.2

I updated successfully my 1.5.8 OB to 2.5. Download was 16 GB and a lot of stuff has been copied from the 2.2 installation.

However, the NTTR and Normady maps as well as campaigns were not copied. So my "DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains" folder only contains the Caucasus subfolder.

The module manager asks me to redownload the maps/campaigns via internet. However, I would like to avoid it since this is a quite large chunk of data, which is already present on my disk.

Is there any way to force the installer to copy the missing maps from 2.2 to 2.5?

Or if not, is it advisable to copy the maps manually from the 2.2 "Mods\terrains" folder to the corresponding one in 2.5? Plus running a repair afterwards.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Yeah, I had the same issue as I migrated to a new laptop so the drive name changed and I didn't add the necessary registry entries before running the updater. I did cancel the update and added them, but the installer still didn't seem to have been able to find the other installations.

Can somebody please post a screenshot of how their registry data entry for their DCS World 2 Open Alpha installation looks like? Path, Version and those other params? Since I moved to a new computer, I had NONE of those entries and I've seen some examples with underscores instead of spaces so I'm not sure of the correct format.

Redownloading the whole of Nevada terrain was a big no-no for my current Internet speed so I tried to copy the files manually. Basically, once you start and cancel the download of the new terrain, there should be a _downloads folder (inside DCS World OpenBeta folder) and inside it there should be a mods folder containing download folders for aircraft, campaigns and terrains (basically the same structure as the mods folder in the main game folder). Basically, you can just copy the Nevada folder directly from the OpenAlpha mods/terrain/ folder and also the relevant aircraft and campaign folders that you're missing. Then restart the updater and it will check for already downloaded files by scanning through these folders. This will greatly reduce the required download size (e.g. I still have to download around 2.7 GB, but that's better than 37+ GB it was asking for before the manual copying of the aircraft and terrain files).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I would like to know this as well since this big chunk is 3x times bigger than the 2.5 update itself.

IIRC it once copied files from another version after attempting an update multiple times, but I'm not sure about that. Otherwise I thought doing it manually would be the best option.

my 2.2 and 105 are installed on the same drive and done correctly they have copied over over updates from one to the other in the past why the h did it not now please give us a list of stufff we haveto copy over from 2.2 too save us im downloading 13 gb at really slow speed i have nevada normandy and f5 bfm campaighn

For me, manually copying over Nevada also did the trick. Then I pressed No when it prompted to copy from 2.2 and delete after, and then suddenly it started copying files from 2.2 whilest earlier it did not lol. It were only a few files though, now I only have 12gb left on the download, wich seems to be the normal update size.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Is there any way to force the installer to copy the missing maps from 2.2 to 2.5?

Or if not, is it advisable to copy the maps manually from the 2.2 "Mods\terrains" folder to the corresponding one in 2.5? Plus running a repair afterwards.

Hello. Use the method indicated on this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2912732&postcount=3

Its for steam, but applies to your case as well.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yeah so I am having the exact same issue.

Followed the steps in the link above and now I am getting

"Version 2.5.0.13818.311 is not available"

Any ideas?

=== Log opened UTC 2018-01-31 11:15:13
INFO : DCS_Updater/2.6.23.34 (Windows NT 10.0.16299; Win64; en-AU)
INFO : cmdline: "F:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" --apply install NORMANDY_terrain
INFO : basedir: F:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta
INFO : dcs_variant.txt: openbeta
INFO : DCS/2.5.0.13818.311 (NEVADA_terrain; EN;  WORLD,F-86F,VEAO_HAWK,FW-190D9,UH-1H,A-10C,FC3,CA,P-51D,KA-50,UH-1H_video_EN,BALTICDRAGON_A10C-ENEMY_WITHIN_campaign,A10C-BFT_campaign,RAZBAM_AV8BNA)
INFO : branch: 
INFO : Got reply from www.digitalcombatsimulator.com
INFO : Got reply from srv9update.digitalcombatsimulator.com
ERROR: Version 2.5.0.13818.311 is not available.
=== Log closed.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

i had to dl nttr as well, auto function failed and 2.2 remained installed, I deleted it by hand.

Tho 2.5 works, only the updater had minor issues, still all ok, it works :thumbup:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

For me, manually copying over Nevada also did the trick.

Did you do that after updating the beta to 2.5?

Luckily I kept a copy of my beta before the update, so I am going back to start again :(

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Thanks guys! Here is what I did. It seems to work in as far as the maps are installed now. But note that I have not had time to test it thoroughly in game.

1.) Copy (or move) the "Nevada" and/or "Normandy" subfolders from "DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\terrains" into "DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\Mods\terrains".

2.) Go to the "DCS World OpenBeta\bin" folder and run (in cmd or powershell)

.\DCS_updater.exe install NEVADA_terrain

and

.\DCS_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain

For NTTR, it still asked me to download ~2.5 GB and for Normandy ~3.5 GB. But not the full 36 GB.

Just to be sure at the end also do a

.\DCS_updater.exe repair

Maybe there are other ways, but this is how I did it.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

fwiw I managed to get it to work by adding a dcs_local_source.txt file in my beta directory containing a line with the full path to my alpha install and then doing the 2.5 update and then kicking off the missing module installation from inside the game.

edit: still needs to download 16Gb after copying local files, better than the original 48Gb I guess.

INFO : Copied 33877524343 bytes in 2657 files
INFO : Copied 28384042 bytes in 71 files
INFO : To download: 16567332929 bytes in 264 files

Edited by Bullant