[NO BUG] Landing Gear problem

Bobelayer

I have been having an issue with the landing gear that is making landing and flying carrier patterns next to impossible. It seems at low air speeds, the landing gear sometimes just decides to go down on its own and sometimes goes up on its own. It has even done it when trying to connect with a tanker. But it doesn’t do it when I’m cruising around. Really odd. Maybe interference from the AI who is supposed to fly pilot when you sit in the RIO pit? If anyone knows, help would be appreciated. Guess it’s a bug that needs worked out or something.

Edited by Cobra847

Check if you have a double input binding. I'm marking this as no bug for now as it's exceptionally isolated. Let us know!

I checked and couldn’t find anything. I also found just a few hours ago that it was also making flaps go up or down at the same time as the gear was. No double bindings. It would happen without me even hitting a single button so that’s why I find it odd. Tonight it happened when I was on base for carrier. So idk what’s going on. Thanks for responding!

All I can think of or delete F-14B and F-14B_RIO folders in

>>Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Check if you have a double input binding. I'm marking this as no bug for now as it's exceptionally isolated. Let us know!

Oh and one other thing! I have also had an issue with the jester menu sometimes randomly popping up. This happens rarely. Not hitting any buttons and it comes up. I checked on that to see if I had a double bind as well. Other than these minor issues I am having... FANTASTIC MODULE! I love it! You guys did an awesome job! And I also referenced the manual to make sure I wasn’t missing a weird setting.

Edited by Bobelayer

What controls are you using? You may be getting the early signs of a fraying internal wire.

I use the Saitex X56 Rhino. But what’s odd it only does it at low airspeed and hasn’t done it with any other modules. It has only done it with the tomcat which I find odd. And only at low airpseeds. It doesn’t do it all the time which I find strange. Could be what you said though. Not sure at this point. Oh, and it’s happening with the flap switch I have binded and the jester menu button I have binded. So it’s 3 different inputs that are messing up.

Edited by Bobelayer

Yesterday I was doing a flight up the coastline on a MP server and had my autopilot set for level flight, I was taking a few screenshots and then I walked away from my computer to get a drink and when I returned I found my landing gear were randomly in the down position. (Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS)

Edited by Mike Busutil

Could have something to do with the Saitek version of the X56 Rhino. I bought one and it would randomly "jitter" the throttle, but ONLY when I was flying helos. Made landing a little interesting.

Returned it and bought the Logitech version and have had zero issues since.

Note: when switching the sticks, I did not redo any bindings, and am still using the bindings that I had set up with the Saitek.

Wayz Out

Intel Core i9 9900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z390E Gaming MB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb DDR4-3200 | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe

HTC Vive Pro VR | Logitech G x56 HOTAS | Logitech G PRO Pedals

I'm having the same issue. Incidentally I also use an X-56. Among the things that randomly switches on or off for me is gears, hook, refueling probe and night vision goggles. I have all these bound to my flightstick. I made a test profile for the flightstick in the logitech software (just asigned a letter to each button) then opened notepad but nothing happened (unless I clicked a button my self, then it typed the letter in notepad)

However there is one more thing that switched on or off and that is the radio and I do not use any of the flight-stick buttons for that. Or to be more precis the radio switches from GUARD to MANUAL at random times.

Ignore the part with the radio. After some more testing I realized that it was caused by the Voice Attack addon VAICOM PRO. However during the same time I also noticed that my master arm switch turned off and I do not have that bound to my stick either.

Edited by SWE-Timberwolf

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

Yesterday I was doing a flight up the coastline on a MP server and had my autopilot set for level flight, I was taking a few screenshots and then I walked away from my computer to get a drink and when I returned I found my landing gear were randomly in the down position. (Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS)

That’s odd. It happens to me the most in the carrier pattern. But yeah that’s what it does. Gear just randomly goes down without hitting anything. Same with flaps.

It really looks like something wrong with your joystick. A bad connector or not enough usb power. This looks like phantom inputs

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Possibly, but it does not do this with any other modules. That’s why I’m confused.

What key bindings to x56 . Are they on throttle for flaps and gear .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

What key bindings to x56 . Are they on throttle for flaps and gear .

The gear and flaps are bound to two of the 3 switches on the lower part of the throttle. The flaps are bound to the middle one and the gear is bound to the far right switch.

I'v done some more testing. Followed the suggestion from Joey45 and deleted the inputs for F-14 in the save game folder. I then removed all bindings to the X-56, except for nosewheel steering and wing sweep (moved those to the stick instead of the throttle). I flew 15 minutes without any incident.

Then paused the game and bound all the buttons on the throttle to gear down and flew another 15 minutes, also without incident. After this I reprogrammed all the buttons to the stick ant throttle to what they were before and flew some more, again no incidents. I will test some more, but so far it looks like removing the inputs from save game folder might have solved it.

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

I'v done some more testing. Followed the suggestion from Joey45 and deleted the inputs for F-14 in the save game folder. I then removed all bindings to the X-56, except for nosewheel steering and wing sweep (moved those to the stick instead of the throttle). I flew 15 minutes without any incident.

Then paused the game and bound all the buttons on the throttle to gear down and flew another 15 minutes, also without incident. After this I reprogrammed all the buttons to the stick ant throttle to what they were before and flew some more, again no incidents. I will test some more, but so far it looks like removing the inputs from save game folder might have solved it.

I’ll have to try that too then. 15 minutes won’t be enough for me I’ll have to fly a few missions and do carrier landings because it would sometimes happen a lot and sometimes happen once or twice.

Edited by Bobelayer

I’ll have to try that too then. 15 minutes won’t be enough for me I’ll have to fly a few missions and do carrier landings because it would sometimes happen a lot and sometimes happen once or twice.

Yea, I agree with you, but 15 minutes was all I had to spare this morning :-) I’m going to test it properly this evening.

Tested this some more and the issue came back after a while. Testimg to program the X56 in the logitech software instead and have cleared all the flight stick and throttle command in game. I only had time for a short test now but i worked. Doing a more thoreough test this evening.

I can attest the Saitek X55 is prone to creating ghost signals in the switch wiring if you move the throttle. Maybe the X56 is affected in a similar way?

No idea, but it seems after the update Wednesday the 20th of March, the problem for me has gone away. Made many successful carrier landings with the problem not happening at all in pattern and made successful AA refuelings. No problem at all. It was really strange.

Edited by Bobelayer