Razbam's Official Discord Channel

=DECOY=

But what question did you ask ?

Most of my questions are in regard to the various bombing functionality and to what extent various things were or were not implemented. Currently as I understand it there are various things that are implemented that aren't working/broken/bugged. Like the ASL issue, then the symbology issues as to what source data the bomb computer is using (Bauto, Rauto, Auto, Gauto (same for CCIP)) etc. Possible issues with entered target altitude not mattering (which it should). If the system is using INS data correctly (or if INS drift is a thing) If the system is using INS or ARBS cross wind range data under appropriate conditions.

And then other questions as to what extent other things like the ARBS not providing good data at low angluar track rates are modeled or not (at a guess no) and if they plan to implement the contrast lock functionality of the DMT (moving target tracking).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If you bash them hard enough your wish will come true lol

Hardly bashing... But thin skins and echo chambers are both phenomenon I'm quite familiar with.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Best ways to avoid getting your message read the wrong way:

- be polite

- be patient

- don't get frustrated/furious when your response is not exactly what you were intending for

- if needed, kindly ask again or re-iterate.

Just don't look like a hardass when asking certain questions to the developers (any 3rd party even in DCS) and you should get along just fine IMHO. I don't have a lot of speaking room to be giving this, however... Just my experience.

Lol... reads more like a rant! Lets make sure its on public display!

Me?

LOL, if you think I'm posting rants you really need to get out more on this thing called the Internet. Plenty of folks here have posted downright scatalogical characterizations of problems with either the Harrier or Razbam. I'm trying to be helpful, and at the end of the day I think the vast majority of guys posting in the Harrier are are just trying to be helpful in terms of "fixing" the assorted problems... But at the end of the day, if that communication on their part is precieved as going into the void, they get frustrated and things turn "brown".

Edited by Harlikwin

Please don't forget about this forum though. People can use Discord, but this forum should be the primary update vehicle. Or so it seems to me.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Please don't forget about this forum though. People can use Discord, but this forum should be the primary update vehicle. Or so it seems to me.

Big +1 on that. Discord is fine for "chat" but for anything more nuanced I think the forum is a far better medium.

Something tells me they already did. Most of the issues reported in the last weeks are not even on their bugtracker.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Its not really helped by your lead coder's sig line implying that his customer base are idiots BTW.

Yeah, that sig, although being somewhere in the neighbourhood of a little bit funny, is very unprofessional. Not that I'm personnally offended, I'm a coder myself so I can pretend the line does not apply to me. But I would never ever refer to my customers like that.

Something tells me they already did. Most of the issues reported in the last weeks are not even on their bugtracker.

Lets hope not, because you bring up issues there, the virtual fighter mafia shows up and mocks you as rivet counter.

Discord is just a tool, just like the forum and Facebook. What advantages it presents, depends on how well you it is used.

My first concern is that it's another place I will have to search to find an answer to a question I might have. I have my doubts that if some gem of wisdom or important information is revealed on Discord, it will also find its way into the forum in a usable format; ie it could easily be found in a search. That would require a very large amount of discipline on the part of those using Discord, and my life experience doesn't support that being likely.

So just because it's new and shinny and "all the kids are doing it", does not equate in any way with it actually having any intrinsic value. I would have hoped that those who I am trying to depend on to produce a good and satisfying product, were not so easily swayed by style-oriented trends, which I can only view as a distraction at the least, and a danger in general.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Discord is just a tool, just like the forum and Facebook. What advantages it presents, depends on how well you it is used.

My first concern is that it's another place I will have to search to find an answer to a question I might have. I have my doubts that if some gem of wisdom or important information is revealed on Discord, it will also find its way into the forum in a usable format; ie it could easily be found in a search. That would require a very large amount of discipline on the part of those using Discord, and my life experience doesn't support that being likely.

+1

Rivet Counter

Hardly bashing... But thin skins and echo chambers are both phenomenon I'm quite familiar with.

RAZBAM is working to open lines of communication in order to create some transparency regarding WIP's, Projects, and new Developments. Let's not forget that the AV-8B is a WIP, we all knew that going in. So with things being a WIP, patience is the order of the day and generally the best way to get along in this world.

RAZBAM does communicate with its customers, this I know first hand. If you have manners and act like you have some sense with common courtesy, they may even find the time to fly with you on an occasion.

Harlikwin, everyone knows you are intelligent, and you make no attempt to mask that intelligence but this is a simulation and at the end of the day it is designed for enjoyment but the manner at which you continually and passively go at these guys will continue to yield the results you achieve as being called a Rivet Counter. I have watched you in Discord and you make no attempts to be the least bit helpful but you sure do know how to fluff your feathers. So the bottom line, from one simmer to another is that you contribute in some fashion and be patient, or shut the hell up and do not fly the Harrier anymore. Either way the world will continue to spin on its axis, RAZBAM will continue to make progress, ED will continue to make progress, and the simulation continues to refine itself. But it doesn't NEED you to achieve this as you more concerned about your ego and having "YOUR TWO-CENTS" heard. Good day, don't ever contact me on Discord, and please stay away from our Squadron. You are bitter and contrite and we have neither the time nor the patience for those types of individuals.

Good Day

Gunny Mays

RAZBAM does communicate with its customers, this I know first hand. If you have manners and act like you have some sense with common courtesy,

This is it. This is all you need to know. Just chill, and everyone is happy.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

This is it. This is all you need to know. Just chill, and everyone is happy.

Well it is the truth... I have seen it first hand as well. Hell I have had them reach out to me for some input so yes it has happened. I bet the main difference is I do not spend every waking moment trying to figure out how to rail on a company. I realize that I have purchased an EA and WIP module and I don't spend every waking moment on Discord, ED forums, or pick any other form of social media bashing the company I purchased a WIP mod from. I don't get butt hurt when someone does not respond instantly to my post. At the end of the day I realize ALL OF THESE THINGS and poof, I am talking with people and getting answers. Please, by all means, continue bashing the product and the DEV team and see how far that gets you...

I have watched you in Discord and you make no attempts to be the least bit helpful but you sure do know how to fluff your feathers. So the bottom line, from one simmer to another is that you contribute in some fashion and be patient, or shut the hell up and do not fly the Harrier anymore. Either way the world will continue to spin on its axis, RAZBAM will continue to make progress, ED will continue to make progress, and the simulation continues to refine itself. But it doesn't NEED you to achieve this as you more concerned about your ego and having "YOUR TWO-CENTS" heard. Good day, don't ever contact me on Discord, and please stay away from our Squadron. You are bitter and contrite and we have neither the time nor the patience for those types of individuals.

Well, since you decided to make it all about me.

As for helping, check the VR forum, I'm pretty helpful there, at least as much as I can be, or on here when some poor new guy has a question about the throttle cut-off or other basic harrier stuff I struggled with or on a few of the other modules returning the favor. I was on Discord for about 10 minutes and didn't realize its supposed to be the new tech support forum. And I don't really recall being rude over there, or really here for that matter, maybe you can help me out with that. In fact I even have posts praising RAZBAM right here on this front page, credit where credit is due, they sure make pretty planes, maybe even with the right number of rivets.

Speaking of rivets, I guess the various basic bombing modes being bugged or broken count as that in your world which were the questions I was trying to get answers. And I find it the height of irony that "hardcore simmers" don't wan't things modeled better.

But you are right that the world will turn and what happens to module will happen with or without me.

As for discord, well no worries there I only really checked it out to see if there was some information to be had, and well there wasn't. I won't stoop to your level about the name calling, and personal attacks. But if you want to send me a hurt feels report I'll see what I can do, I'm sure you know where to find the form. Maybe you can go through the bug forums and ban those guys from your squadron too for being too mean.

Edited by Harlikwin

[... So the bottom line, from one simmer to another is that you contribute in some fashion and be patient, or shut the hell up and do not fly the Harrier anymore

What is DCS World Early Access?

Early Access is an option for you to play this module in an early state, but it will be incomplete with bugs.

The time a product remains in Early Access can vary widely based on the scope of the project, technical

hurdles, and how complete the module is when it enters Early Access. You have to contribute

in some fashion and must be patient, or shut the hell up and do not play the module anymore.

Maybe we should suggest ED to insert your sentence there, because that would have saved me from paying money for software I shouldn't use anymore, because I'm an impatient and incompetent person:D

Actually Coxy my "complaint list" is pretty short. And I find it pretty ironic that somehow I turned into the evilest bad guy that VMA231 hath ever seen in their minds. Maybe they have me mixed up with someone else. Laughably I never asked about joining their squadron either since I don't really fly online anyway.

My main comment was that they weren't really answering alot of peoples questions on the Discord, and they still don't answer many here.

My personal list of functionality I want fixed short term is pretty short, the ASL line which is being worked on, and I just wanted to know if/when the various altitude bombing modes would be fixed as I think the current Bauto Rauto (and in CCIP mode) behavior might not be right (should start with G auto per my reading of the tac manual)

I did sort-of eventually get some answers.

So, does anybody have the feeling that the Discord channel improved anything?

Personally, I still can't see any improvements, the channel feels more like a wishlist of the modules in the next 15 years...

Can't see any improvements on feedback about found bugs, their status or anything else...

When it comes to the important and interesting topics, it stays there as silent as in the bug section in the forum...

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules