[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

13 hours ago, =Andre= said:

I'm afraid I don't quite understand you.

The issue with ticking is not permanent?

What's wrong with the output from the sound module?

Yes the ticking was constant or permanent. But, when I enabled logging... it stopped... 

I'll log the event if it happens again. 

Hi,

When trying to install last version 2.5.5 on the same directory as always i get this error, anyone with same issue?

Thank you in advance,

F.

SimShaker ERROR.png

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Thx for the information. I "removed" the beta 2.5.5 for now and investigate the issue...

You can get the beta 2.5.4 from the onedrive

Edited by f4l0
  • Thanks 1

Hi all

Installed 2.5.5 and it is not working (the exe doesnt open. Tried to repair, to unisntall, then roll back to 2.5.4. and it is not working neither

Can you please post a step by step solution for a software & hardware dummy like me?

Thnak you & best regards

1 hour ago, f4l0 said:

Could you please check if SSA produces a log-file in the installation directory?

I could not find any log file.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

3 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Could you please check if SSA produces a log-file in the installation directory?

Nope, no log. Re-installed 2.5.5 but no joy.

Not even starting or showing up in the Task manager. One odd thing so, installing let the old version 2.5.4 still show up in the installed up Tab.

2.5.4 works again.

Ok 2.5.5 has some dependency issues. I tried to fix the build pipeline today but no luck. I need some "rest" to refresh my brain 🙂...

For now I removed 2.5.5 from the server. Try to revert back to 2.5.4

Does anyone have the new Buttkicker Gamer Plus at all, I just got one and finding the Kicker shuts down with Thermal overload due to it getting hot using helicopters (Apache so far)

Digital displays show
Volume is set at 30
Cut off filter is at 75
No clipping showing when in use.

Im getting about 10 mins use out of it before the thermal shut down, the old gamer V2 was ok.

12 hours ago, Hotdognz said:

Does anyone have the new Buttkicker Gamer Plus at all, I just got one and finding the Kicker shuts down with Thermal overload due to it getting hot using helicopters (Apache so far)

Digital displays show
Volume is set at 30
Cut off filter is at 75
No clipping showing when in use.

Im getting about 10 mins use out of it before the thermal shut down, the old gamer V2 was ok.

I'm getting one in around 26 days...I'll let you know if I have the same issues. I really wanted it for rotary-wing too.

Edited by Coota0

5 hours ago, Coota0 said:

I'm getting one in around 26 days...I'll let you know if I have the same issues. I really wanted it for rotary-wing too.

I put a small desktop USB fan under my seat pointing at it and its fixed the issue for me, but let me know how you go

• Like 1

Hi guys new here but long time SimShaker users, I'm trying to adjust settings for DCS modules but I'm finding that the 100-0 Strength SoundModule setting is making no difference until I get below 10 on each setting then the strength drops off.

Anyone know why this is??

Also does the Sound Module test volume affect anything other than the test wave, this also has no affect on the test wave volume until its below 8% ??.

Im using a new Buttkicker Gamer Plus after upgrading from a Gamer V2.

Here's an image of my Apache settings so far with the new Buttkicker Gamer plus

Gamer Plus amp settings
Volume 30
High Frequency Cutoff 75 (no clipping)
Low filter pass On (blue light)

As I said anything above 10 and its just thee same affect and really is shaking the rig and vibrating, gun affects and main rotor whirl and flares seem to be using the same sound wave of frequency.

null

image.png

Running version module 2.26.     All works fine in test but seems no link to DCS.          Been fiddling for ages and reinstalled to no avail.   

Any ideas to try?

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] This must be reality, no sim can have this many bugs!

13700kf, 4090, 64gb.  HP g2.

What are the "correct" volume settings for the Hornet, that most closely resemble reality.  For example, how much jet rumble should I feel in flight?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

On 12/3/2022 at 7:55 PM, bomber said:

Running version module 2.26.     All works fine in test but seems no link to DCS.          Been fiddling for ages and reinstalled to no avail.   

Any ideas to try?

Thank you.

As usual, i need to see you export.lua i guess there is something wrong...

On 12/3/2022 at 1:57 PM, Steel Jaw said:

What are the "correct" volume settings for the Hornet, that most closely resemble reality.  For example, how much jet rumble should I feel in flight?

?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Any one have good profile for helicopters?

Special fro the uh1 and the ah64 please.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------