[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

On 9/9/2022 at 11:02 AM, =Andre= said:

I think, that may be a known issue.

Please try to reload the Gametrix control unit firmware as described in the User Guide Z-Boot device

Yeah, I just tried this. I remember doing it once before and it worked, but it seems like there is something else I need to do to get it to forget the device or something like that because the Z-boot device or new drivers are not loading up. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 10/14/2022 at 5:49 AM, Razzle F. Dazzle said:

FYI, SimShaker for Aviators gets broken by Windows 11 KB5018427. I was able to roll back this update and get SSA working again, but prior to that SSA would throw a forbidden access error when starting it.

thx for the information.
Any other user having this issue? I'm still on Win10...

Edited by f4l0

3 hours ago, f4l0 said:

thx for the information.
Any other user having this issue? I'm still on Win10...

From my side is working fine. Win10 user too.

Thank you.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 2:20 PM, markbam said:

I'm on Windows 11 with KB5018427 installed. No issues with Sim Shaker for Aviators.

Today I updated my Win11 install again with KB5018427, and sure enough SSA works; I'm stumped, because nothing has changed on my machine except pausing updates for a couple weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Razzle F. Dazzle said:

Today I updated my Win11 install again with KB5018427, and sure enough SSA works; I'm stumped, because nothing has changed on my machine except pausing updates for a couple weeks. 

Welcome to the Microsoft Windows world 🙂

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Open beta update today has done something strange to my Gametrix JetPad meaning that the vibration feedback has been messed up; update must have altered the telemetry data somehow.  :disgust:

All the vibrations are very, very weak now and a waste of time.

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR

Bell_UH-1 side.png

31 minutes ago, Talisman_VR said:

Has anyone else found that DCS version release (yesterday) open beta 2.8 has adversely effected their SimShaker for Aviators?

Then vibrations for me are now much too soft!  Something is wrong.  :cry:

Talisman

Vibration intensity is working fine for me with the latest update. No change at all.

51 minutes ago, Talisman_VR said:

Has anyone else found that DCS version release (yesterday) open beta 2.8 has adversely effected their SimShaker for Aviators?

Talisman

No change here either

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

2 hours ago, Talisman_VR said:

Talisman

No change here either, working fine.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I have the gametrix seat and the simshaker for aviators no longer works. It's all connected and modules show up, also the demo and test modes shake as they should just nothing in game. I did update to dcs 2.8 when it was released and I'm sure it was working after this but today nothing. I've repaired the installation and uninstalled and re installed but still nothing.

I'm on Windows 11 and have been for ages without problems.

Anybody got any idea??

I have also found that some of the effects are very small (airbrake is almost invisible at 100%) after 2.8 update

Hi,

With DCS 2.8 update my speedbrake effects are almost gone. I have set it to 100% but almost impossible to feel. F-16 and F-18 the same.

Do you think anythink changed in DCS that changed this?

15 hours ago, stag1978 said:

I have also found that some of the effects are very small (airbrake is almost invisible at 100%) after 2.8 update

Hi,

With DCS 2.8 update my speedbrake effects are almost gone. I have set it to 100% but almost impossible to feel. F-16 and F-18 the same.

gametrix or andre's ?

On 11/1/2022 at 8:13 AM, stag1978 said:

Hi,

Anyone else having the same issue? Which module did you test?

27 minutes ago, f4l0 said:

Hi,

i have tested the F-16 and the Hornet. Other effects seem okay, only speedbrakes are very low. Guns, gerar up/down, etc seemed okay. I use the SSA and the Sound Module for a buttkicker. 

I'm getting this error.. I have to restart DCS to make it work again.. any thoughts?null

image.png

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Using Simshaker aviator beta or stable version I'm getting no feedback at all. Nothing is working in any module. I have reinstalled but it's still not working in 2.8. I wonder if there is some setting I have inadvertently changed which is causing this. Is there a complete idiots guide for setup. As previously stated Simshaker is working as expected with msfs.

Thanks for any help, I really miss the immersion.

On 11/3/2022 at 6:40 AM, f4l0 said:

everything seems ok on my end after updating DCS from 2.7x to current 2.8x / win10 / gametrix / SSA 2.5.0.0

tested F18C (incl speedbrake) and UH1H