[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

On 4/2/2021 at 1:59 AM, =Andre= said:

Just a guess. I would try to add 5 degrees to AoA value for the Mig-29 in the simshaker.lua script file and made the file read only so SSA could not re-write it.

I'm not finding anything in the simshaker.lua file in the sim shaker for aviators folder that seems to indicate AoA value change.

There are things in it for engine rpm, landing gear state, speed brake position ect... but nothing to indicate, AoA, buffet, stall ect....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

13 hours ago, FZG_Immel said:

that is the number from 0 to 100 right ? I think that is just intensity/strenght, not a threshold. 

basically, on the F-14 its producing a constant low and repetitive vibe, even when under no AOA. 

I am missing something ?

grafik.png

Its the canopy shaking filter...

14 hours ago, Kazansky222 said:

I'm not finding anything in the simshaker.lua file in the sim shaker for aviators folder that seems to indicate AoA value change.

There are things in it for engine rpm, landing gear state, speed brake position ect... but nothing to indicate, AoA, buffet, stall ect....

string #53 in  \Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\simshaker.lua 

local aoa = LoGetAngleOfAttack()

I guess that's what you need for MiG-29

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

but is that cockpit shaking filter related to the AOA/buffet and Vortex effect ?

i think i understand and I believe the answer to be yes. will try

Thank you both !

thank you Andre for the very fast shipping and cool product !

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

On 4/15/2021 at 7:04 AM, f4l0 said:

Thx for the report. I'm currently working a lot, I try to schedule some time over the weekend to have a look. Did you test other planes?

Regarding missing G-effect in the Viggen. It's there but just much weaker than before it seems. I had to increase the percentage on that particular effect.

Bottom line, this is not a problem. Thanks for your attention anyway 🙂

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

14 hours ago, FZG_Immel said:

but is that cockpit shaking filter related to the AOA/buffet and Vortex effect ?

i think i understand and I believe the answer to be yes. will try

Thank you both !

thank you Andre for the very fast shipping and cool product !

the cockpit shaking is introduced by buffets. Heatblur was kind enough to implement special interfaces for SSA to get these informations...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tribundf said:

Hey all. Quick question.. when can we expect the F14 A to be working properly with simshaker for Aviators. I keep getting the error when I fly that beast...

F14A is already implemented since version 2.1.5

• Like 1

12 hours ago, f4l0 said:

F14A is already implemented since version 2.1.5

Holy sheet, I am an idiot. I was still running version 1.4 or something, thinking that it auto updates at the start.... my bad dude! Thanks for the quick response!

Hi all, SimShaker just stopped working suddenly for me today. Was working fine last night after the DCS 2.7 update. But now, when I double click SimShaker for Aviators, the icon shows up in the system tray, but no popup saying SimShaker for Aviators is running. Then when I mouse over the tray icon, it disappears. 

I tried uninstalling SimShaker and reinstalling- did not solve the issue. 

No crash logs or anything (if there are, please let me know where to retrieve them). So it's really difficult for me to diagnose. 

For what it's worth, UWVeditor also doesn't work (I don't use a Jetseat; I use a Subpac bass shaker, but I was just testing it program by program). I've attached the error message from UWVeditor, hopefully it can help diagnose the problem. It may be a completely unrelated problem, in fact I think the error messages for UWVeditor are due to the fact that I don't have a Jetseat unit installed. 

SimShaker itself doesn't even give an error message, it just crashes (the system tray icon disappears).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by samdan87

6 hours ago, samdan87 said:

Hi all, SimShaker just stopped working suddenly for me today. Was working fine last night after the DCS 2.7 update. But now, when I double click SimShaker for Aviators, the icon shows up in the system tray, but no popup saying SimShaker for Aviators is running. Then when I mouse over the tray icon, it disappears. 

I tried uninstalling SimShaker and reinstalling- did not solve the issue. 

No crash logs or anything (if there are, please let me know where to retrieve them). So it's really difficult for me to diagnose. 

For what it's worth, UWVeditor also doesn't work (I don't use a Jetseat; I use a Subpac bass shaker, but I was just testing it program by program). I've attached the error message from UWVeditor, hopefully it can help diagnose the problem. It may be a completely unrelated problem, in fact I think the error messages for UWVeditor are due to the fact that I don't have a Jetseat unit installed. 

SimShaker itself doesn't even give an error message, it just crashes (the system tray icon disappears).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Capture.JPG

There should be a log file in the SSA installation folder. Please attach that...

the UWVeditor is for Jetseat users. If you like to edit the sound files follow this guide: https://simshaker.com/guides/sound/

22 hours ago, f4l0 said:

There should be a log file in the SSA installation folder. Please attach that...

the UWVeditor is for Jetseat users. If you like to edit the sound files follow this guide: https://simshaker.com/guides/sound/

I found the log. It's only generated if I run as administrator. I've attached it. Do let me know if you have suggestions how to fix the issue. Thanks!

log.log

2 hours ago, samdan87 said:

I found the log. It's only generated if I run as administrator. I've attached it. Do let me know if you have suggestions how to fix the issue. Thanks!

log.log 6.11 kB · 1 download

Thx,
which SSA version do you use? Is there a "SimShaker for Aviators beta.exe.config" or "SimShaker for Aviators.exe.config"?

6 minutes ago, f4l0 said:

Thx,
which SSA version do you use? Is there a "SimShaker for Aviators beta.exe.config" or "SimShaker for Aviators.exe.config"?

Nope, there isn't as far as I know. I'm using the latest one downloaded from the blog. I'm not home now so I don't know what version it is, but it is dated Feb 22. I had used the "add remove programs" Windows feature to uninstall everything, then reinstalled with the installer (dated Feb 22) from the blog.  

17 minutes ago, samdan87 said:

Nope, there isn't as far as I know. I'm using the latest one downloaded from the blog. I'm not home now so I don't know what version it is, but it is dated Feb 22. I had used the "add remove programs" Windows feature to uninstall everything, then reinstalled with the installer (dated Feb 22) from the blog.  

Ok, looks like something deleted that config file. You could uninstall SSA, remove left over files from the installation folder (if there is still something), and install SSA again. Or, you could try my config file, not sure if you are on beta or stable. I assume that you are on stable...

SimShaker for Aviators.exe.config

Edited by f4l0

27 minutes ago, f4l0 said:

Ok, looks like something deleted that config file. You could uninstall SSA, remove left over files from the installation folder (if there is still something), and install SSA again. Or, you could try my config file, not sure if you are on beta or stable. I assume that you are on stable...

SimShaker for Aviators.exe.config 2.67 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks. Where do I put the config file? Also, I have tried uninstalling SSA and reinstalling and it didn't work. I think I should be on stable.  I'm using the one on https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=aae14da560024f57&id=AAE14DA560024F57!111&authkey=!ABzEH5Hl-uswPrQ 

Thank you  @f4l0 :  I just got the excellent JetPad from Andre last week.  DCS and Simshaker for Aviators was the first thing I tried.

After 30 years of computer simulation and dead feeling feedback, this has been a nice change for me and DCS.

I now have a new Hobby - "Tweaking and experimenting with the SimShaker for Aviator Settings on all the DCS Modules I own.. LOL

On 6/6/2020 at 8:03 AM, Shadow912 said:

Ignore my last post.... I found my simshakersettings.bin file and reimported it.

I realize that everyone's chairs, motors and preferences are different. 

• Since it is so easy to backup via the File Import Settings and Export Settings I would not mind seeing how others have their settings for the defaults and or various Planes and Helicopters.
  • Is there a link or a part of this 139 page thread that I missed where I can see how you or others have experimented? I did find this helpful YouTube Video from YodaNZ

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

15 hours ago, f4l0 said:

SimShaker for Aviators.exe.config 2.67 kB · 3 downloads

I'll send you a PM instead... it's still not working 😞

On 4/14/2021 at 6:59 AM, Falcon60 said:

Hey...thanks for responding...

Installed SSA v2.2.0...and no, not getting any error messages.  It just won't stay in the system tray.  I have it allowed through the firewall...and it worked fine for two weeks.  Here is the log for tonight...make any sense?

2021-04-13 23:39:19.9694|ERROR|SimShaker.Program|System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 15, position 1. (C:\Users\timca\AppData\Local\Dream_Sim_Team\SimShaker_for_Aviators.ex_Url_jtzbnvqjzfjptneip3klw2mzbs2eehnu\2.2.0.0\user.config line 15) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 15, position 1.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Skip()
   at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(ExceptionAction action)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(XmlUtil xmlUtil)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at SimShaker.Properties.Settings.get_Starter_ShowBalloon()
   at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm..ctor()
   at SimShaker.Program.Main(String[] args)

On 4/14/2021 at 7:39 AM, Falcon60 said:

Update: So I uninstalled SSA and deleted all the associated folders (that I knew about or could find) and I reinstalled it.  It now stays open and I was able to unselect the autostart feature.  It seems to be working again... 🙂 

7 hours ago, samdan87 said:

I'll send you a PM instead... it's still not working 😞

@samdan87 As you can see, @Falcon60 had the same issue... Maybe his solution works for you...

2 hours ago, qvdg said:

Yes If you could do the same magic as you did on the A4 for thé T45 that would be absolutely fantastic ! 

I just did a quick test using the "NEW T45".

Similar to what was mentioned earlier for the M2000 vs MB-339 the following situation gave accurate feedback in the T45 for me.

You may get similar results with other planes as well:

For me:

1. I loaded SimShaker for Aviators.
  2. I ran a mission that used the A-4E-C and Simshaker working as designed. 
  3. Exit that mission or choose another slot if both planes are in same mission. 
  4. Loading the T45 and you will see Simshaker for Aviators detect the  Current aircraft: T45 as the A-4E-C using the Model: A-4E-C Module.. I even saw it detect as A-10C once.. Interesting.. 

Cheers. 

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]