After the Tomcat?

carss

The pre-purchase and module pages for the Tomcat don't mention a terrain, so don't expect one. It looks like it was mentioned as a hope in the first announcement back in 2015 when they were still Leatherneck, but I saw somewhere Cobra has already confirmed they're not committed to it and it's not coming as the terrain team went with Leatherneck/M3.

See this thread and Cobras responses on the first 2 pages: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216985

Apparently they still have such plans.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

How about a Heatblur MiG-29A?

That would be amazing.

In the recent podcast, Wags said (paraphrasing) that a 3rd party would not be bound by the limits placed on ED by the Russian government / manufacturers.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234647

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

How about a Heatblur MiG-29A?

That would be amazing.

In the recent podcast, Wags said (paraphrasing) that a 3rd party would not be bound by the limits placed on ED by the Russian government / manufacturers.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234647

Now that would be truly wonderful. I love where DCS is going and HeatBlur has upped the level of the simulation immensely. However DCS is lacking full fidelity counterparts to all these Western modules in the pipe. I would jump at getting a full fidelity Mig-29A, Su-27 etc. Let us hope. :pilotfly:

The speculation begins!

You're aware there are 865 posts before yours? :lol:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

A-6 modeling is already at least 80% done in DCS. That's the pipeline. Modeling, then systems, then platform integration.

I really can't imagine how more obvious it has to be.

Yeap :beer:. It's obvious DCS needs another attack/interdiction aircraft:

1920px-RAF_CONDUCTS_FIRST_AIR_STRIKES_OF_IRAQ_MISSION_MOD_45158635.jpg

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

It really is time for the Tornado.

I also thing the A-6 is the next one, it is indeed more or less obvious, but I hope they will not do a whole carrier full of modules, before they do something not US Navy again.

Many Navy enthusiast will like this idea, but for people having a wider/other interest,

it will be a hard time and by loosing "diversity", they will loose customers.

We need a good mix. I love Heatblur for their tomcat, but if they do the Grumman and Forrestal Carrier palette, I'll be quite unhappy.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

A Tornado certainly would be cool, but it would also be yet another Blue aircraft.

What we need is Red aircraft, therefore MiG-29A.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

As much as I like USA aircraft, its time for something different and if it has to be anything the Tornado is a perfect fit. Yes, I like the A-6 but its another USA aircraft that the F-18 does quite well at and not only that at some point in time we will have the F-16 and F-15E.

Even if you do get the A-6 it will probably be the A or B variant, the Electronic warfare versions would probably never happen.

For all of the above reasons the Tornado is the way to go

Considering HB have shown to be true trail blazers in expanding the function and features within DCS (some quicker and better implemented than ED itself), I truly hope their next aircraft to be something that pushes the Platform further in as much being a fan favorite for us to fly, like the F14 is to DCS now.

I think the A6 is almost a given: similar analog avionics plus multicrew which HB pulled off marvelously in the 14. TBH, I think it's an easy and safe bet to develop. Considering that, my ask for HB's next aircraft is something more risky:

The C-130! Any variant will suffice, but I think the c130 will be the PERFECT challenge for HB to expand their capabilities and add utility to the Platform as they've done in the 14. There's some overlap, being a multicrew ac and I can see Jesters implementation working well in the Herc. And depending on version, analog avionics as well. There'd also be a few 1sts for HB: turbo prop, plus maybe their vision or implementation of true Logistical support in DCS.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility: Meta Aerospace Group, HB's new partners own a turboprop leasing company. While a big stretch, maybe HB could have access to the technical info for making a great turboprop model work in DCS.

Certainly, leveraging the assets and resources of a company is a key thinking point when considering partnership. I'm sure this was all considered in relation to DCS when Heatblur moved forward, especially considering Nicks recent comments on the matter.

Long story short, I think the c130 should be done by HB. Maybe not next, but if anyone were to blaze the trail and expand DCS's aircraft offerings past combat/trainer, I'd want it to be HB. And I know they'd give the Herc the justice it deserves. Cheers!

A while ago Razbam had asked their Facebook followers what non armed military airplane they would like to see come to DCS and the most suggested airplane was the C-130. So Razbam might already be looking into the development.

For those of you interested in the Tornado GR4 Check this thread of someone that is trying to develop one and is seeking coders or any other help someone can lend. So as of now this is the best and only way the Tornado will come to DCS for the foreseeable future.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221698

Check halfway through the first post :

"At the moment we are going to be shelving the tornado project until further notice. We'll be starting a new aircraft that people have also shown interest in and it will be announced soon. Sorry to disappoint you all that have been looking forward to the tornado but there are factors that complicate it for newer teams like ours to develop. Thanks again to everyone for the support and we will see you all soon!!