Sea Eagle II - Top Gun inspired multiplayer missions, A-4 vs. F14

TheHighwayman

ALL MISSIONS NOW POSTED HERE: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=236698

They are built for BOTH single and multiplayer.

NOTE: Mission 01 - Desertistan Welcome - has been substantially simplified, updated, and reworked.

Mission 02 - Keeping Up Relations - has been removed; it is getting an overhaul.

Mission 03 - has not been shared yet, but I have it close to ready.

Mission 04 - Will be built over the weekend... Keep coming back for updates.

Mission 01 - This mission has been updated to version 2.2.

You can find it here for the moment. Eventually, this will be moved, along with others, to the official DCS "User Files" area.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=236093

It features many simplifications, fixes and improvements.

Those with earlier versions should delete the old and use the latest version for the best experience.

At present, the mission is set up for single-player, but can be converted to multiplayer by setting the aircraft you want humans to control to "Client."

As single-player, you may play blue or red by switching the aircraft you wish to fly to "Player."

BE SURE TO switch the default "Player" aircraft to AI control. "Average" for BLUE and "Expert" for RED is recommended.

Best played with ALL labels, including dots, OFF.

I am attaching two missions I have built with the aim of someday playing them in multiplayer. If you like them and choose to give them a try, please message me so I can fly with you. I don't mind which side or aircraft I am assigned.

They are built as single missions, but can easily be converted for the purpose (I believe). They will have to be edited so various slots are set to client (or so I believe that is what needs to be done).

Otherwise, these missions are playable in single-player form.

All players will need the A-4 freeware mod installed. The mission also features the F-14, the F-18, and the F-5. The second mission has a UH1 helo. All could be playable.

The missions are part of the Sea Eagle exercises, which are a fictional, Top Gun-like exercise in Nevada.

Both Red and Blue descriptions are included.

Previously (and still the case in mission no. 2) there are peculiarities unique to the mission, such as "container zones" over Groom and Nellis, and that fact damaged units are "out." The briefing will explain their purpose. HOWEVER, following extensive testing, I am editing these features out, as they are too much work and detrimental to the gameplay.

At this time, the missions do not necessarily feature combat, but that is because the first two missions simulate the start of a UN operation where the two sides are trying to avoid bloodshed. Nonetheless, both sides are on edge and a single slip could lead to shooting. In the event of a weapon release during the first mission, it everything will turn to shooting rather quickly. So, while the mission features no combat by design, it can end up in combat if someone pulls their trigger for any reason. (This will also be edited in mission 2 soon).

The justification for such a mission is simple, most of the missions flown by pilots do not involve shooting things, just the potential to do so.

In multiplayer mode, both sides could easily change this to suit themselves without any need to edit anything -- just lock on and shoot! But the AI will shoot back!

In single mode, the player is "Iceman" and will fly two reconnaissance missions deep inside enemy territory. Or, you could play as "Snowman" and try to defend Desertistan from the Americans. Feel free to switch this up, or fly another flight if you like. Again, just edit the mission, you won't hurt my feelings.

I welcome comments, questions and feedback, as well as help developing the rest of this series. I enjoy coming up with unique scenarios and stories, and I hope for my mission editing skills to grow as I learn more.

Thanks, and I hope these work and you enjoy them. If not, I welcome feedback and advice.

Edited by TheHighwayman

Just as a heads up, there's no need to have to edit the missions. If you set all the aircraft as 'client', even in singleplayer you can simply choose between them. It works the same way online or off.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

UPDATE 3.18.19

I have greatly simplified Mission no. 1 and will simplify no. 2 in the same fashion.

In working with my template, I found I created quite a bit of extra work for myself, and made testing a hassle.

I will update the missions as I am able.

Meanwhile, the mission revised FIRST mission is good to go for multiplayer, with briefings for both sides. The host will need to edit the mission to make client aircraft for all players.

Otherwise, the mission is now quite playable from a single-player perspective!

Edited by TheHighwayman

I am attaching two missions I have built with the aim of someday playing them in multiplayer. If you like them and choose to give them a try, please message me so I can fly with you. I don't mind which side or aircraft I am assigned.

They are built as single missions, but can easily be converted for the purpose (I believe). They will have to be edited so various slots are set to client (or so I believe that is what needs to be done).

Otherwise, these missions are playable in single-player form.

All players will need the A-4 freeware mod installed. The mission also features the F-14, the F-18, and the F-5. The second mission has a UH1 helo. All could be playable.

The missions are part of the Sea Eagle exercises, which are a fictional, Top Gun-like exercise in Nevada.

Both Red and Blue descriptions are included.

Previously (and still the case in mission no. 2) there are peculiarities unique to the mission, such as "container zones" over Groom and Nellis, and that fact damaged units are "out." The briefing will explain their purpose. HOWEVER, following extensive testing, I am editing these features out, as they are too much work and detrimental to the gameplay.

At this time, the missions do not necessarily feature combat, but that is because the first two missions simulate the start of a UN operation where the two sides are trying to avoid bloodshed. Nonetheless, both sides are on edge and a single slip could lead to shooting. In the event of a weapon release during the first mission, it everything will turn to shooting rather quickly. So, while the mission features no combat by design, it can end up in combat if someone pulls their trigger for any reason. (This will also be edited in mission 2 soon).

The justification for such a mission is simple, most of the missions flown by pilots do not involve shooting things, just the potential to do so.

In multiplayer mode, both sides could easily change this to suit themselves without any need to edit anything -- just lock on and shoot! But the AI will shoot back!

In single mode, the player is "Iceman" and will fly two reconnaissance missions deep inside enemy territory. Feel free to switch this up, or fly another flight if you like. Again, just edit the mission, you won't hurt my feelings.

I welcome comments, questions and feedback, as well as help developing the rest of this series. I enjoy coming up with unique scenarios and stories, and I hope for my mission editing skills to grow as I learn more.

Thanks, and I hope these work and you enjoy them. If not, I welcome feedback and advice.

Finally someone did it ! :thumbup:

thank you man for giving multiplayer love to the community A4 and putting F14 against it..

I alsways dreamed of the Top Gun Training Dog Fights of A4 vs F14

I will try to set this up and run a Server on that when I have time , but Im a pretty noob on server hosting etc..

Did you test your missions in MP already ???

I hope some experienced multiplayer guys will host this as one of their Standard MP server..!!

Cheers and Thanks again :thumbup:

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Those with earlier versions should delete the old and use the latest version for the best experience.

At present, the mission is set up for single-player, but can be converted to multiplayer by setting the aircraft you want humans to control to "Client."

As single-player, you may play blue or red by switching the aircraft you wish to fly to "Player."

BE SURE TO switch the default "Player" aircraft to AI control. "Average" for BLUE and "Expert" for RED is recommended.

Feedback and questions welcome.

Feedback and questions welcome.

great news and thanks again for your effort ! :thumbup:

tried to host this yesterday as a MP server, but no luck so far ( no player joins )

currently checking my server and port settings ..

Pls someone take this mission and host a MP server , the mission and settings is awesome !

A4 Skyhawk vs F14 Tomcat wohooo ! :joystick:

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version