Stuttering

Alfredson007

Is anyone else having stuttering with Yak but not another DCS modules?

My fps is fairly good but very often i get a sudden "jolt" or "lag spike" or what ever with the Yak-52, where other modules, such as Spitfire and Hornet are buttery smooth all the time...

Unoptimized code or something wrong in my end? I have 4760K 16gb ram and 1070.

Thanks

I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary but I've only flown a couple of hours in the Caucasus and Persian Gulf.

I think we need more detail (map, DCS version, track file, etc.), is DCS running off a SSD ?

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Anytime you switch maps or modules it's good practice to delete fxo and metashaders from your Saved games folder. DCS will then rewrite those folders. It's a good preventative. I'm not sure what it does exactly, something to do with the graphics settings and models it's loading I think. Kind of like rebooting, clears out the memory and gives your computer a clean slate.

My system and sim is on SSD, i have 16gb ram, and i only have caucasus.

Processor MIGHT be (4670) little bottleneck, but only if Yak really is more demanding than Hornet.... because the Hornet works very smooth. .. and every other module infact... I actually might get frame drops with yak, and only with empty map. I only do aerobatics with it... i will investigate further, but there is a chance this is turbulence related... (i usually have turbulence in every mission i do, i find smooth air boring)