Engine Won't Stay On

FlankerMan

I have no experience in the Mirage specifically, but I have encountered identical issues in the Harrier, L-39 and F-86 off the top of my head, as well as scattered other aircraft. Almost always comes back to a missed switch or bumped throttle.

The most common cause for me is my habit to cycle the throttle back and forth to insure sync with the game. In some aircraft this will take the throttle into a detent and prevent startup for "no apparent reason".

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The most common cause for me is my habit to cycle the throttle back and forth to insure sync with the game. In some aircraft this will take the throttle into a detent and prevent startup for "no apparent reason".

With the throttle in "run/ground idle", you're potentially introducing fuel before there's compressed air (cooling air and to mix with the fuel) and an ignition spark to light it. As a safety feature, the start cycle is locked out.

What you want is to spin up the compressor, start the ignition cycle (automatic in the M2K) and then move the throttle forward to run/ground idle to introduce fuel.

The OP should check :

• Fuel cutoff switch is closed

• The Ignition switch is set to Left or Right (not Ventilation)

• Throttle is set to Stop/Cutoff

The Starter button, should start the start cycle and at 11% RPM, the throttle can be moved to IDLE and RPM, EGT, etc. instruments checked.

Note: If the Throttle is moved from STOP ---> IDLE too soon, the start cycle *will* fail.

Once running the starting boost pump can be turned off (switch by the start button) and the Left and Right boost pumps turned on (the engine will run without them but not at max performance).

For more detail check out Chuck's guide to the DCS Mirage 2000C, page 46

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Okay, thanks, Ramsay. I'll try that next time I do the mission, and I'll take a look at Chuck's guide.

One more thing-I'm assuming that, with 'INS doesn't need alignment' checked and 'random system failures' unchecked, I don't need to always do everything in the tutorial, right?

One more thing-I'm assuming that, with 'INS doesn't need alignment' checked and 'random system failures' unchecked, I don't need to always do everything in the tutorial, right?

It's a while since I did the tutorial :dunno:

AFAIK, to complete the tutorial, you'll need follow the instructions as it'll look for you to press certain buttons, etc. before moving on.

IIRC the SP campaign is similar ?

For your own missions, with 'INS doesn't need alignment' checked, you'll only need to switch the INS mode switch from OFF ---> NAV.

It does away with entering Lat/Long co-ordinates from the kneeboard or waiting 8 minutes for an full alignment.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080