=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

I'm not really calling for a restrictive server-side solution at all. If you only have the P-51 and don't plan on buying an axis aircraft any time soon, that's absolutely fine.

I was just remarking that the collective sense of balance among the player-base seems to be lacking. Of course it could be the case that more people own only allied aircraft.

Realistically speaking, I guess it's correct to have far fewer axis fighters in 1944 Normandy anyway :D

Sometimes it actually difficult to get and keep balance. For example I flew a couple days ago. When my wing man and I signed on it was straight up 6v6, by the time we took off and got to the action it had dropped to 6v2 in a matter of minutes. Within 30 min it was something crazy like 12v3. Balance does happen but it doesn’t stay they way long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sometimes it actually difficult to get and keep balance. For example I flew a couple days ago. When my wing man and I signed on it was straight up 6v6, by the time we took off and got to the action it had dropped to 6v2 in a matter of minutes. Within 30 min it was something crazy like 12v3. Balance does happen but it doesn’t stay they way long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s the lack of decent rockets in the axis side I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE: No need to download anything, all is already built into the mission. Just open your Kneeboard ("RShift + K") and spaw pages ("[" and "]")

Hey everyone! Few will disagree that 'Road to Evreux' is pretty huge and difficult to navigate. Now it's easy to find the ground targets only (mostly due to GPS currently working in F10 view). But explainig to your ally where you are when you need help, as well as trying to understand the same information - is really a problem.

I was thinking how one can make navigation in =BS= easier and came up with the following.

I used airfields, ground targets locations and several big forests as landmarks, put them on the map, put some connections between the close landmarks, calculated distances and angles and finally got something like this:

(the overall view)

zTXZ7ar1e2o.jpg

Cutting this into pieces, adding some info: and we get some nice slides for the kneeboard.

Like these ones:

HtZW7Ewb1wk.jpg fssKoyYLz4M.jpg

Link to Google Drive to download everything:

https://goo.gl/CDY5Ln

All this can be used for finding the enemy who's attacking our forces at YV13 (where da hell is that??!1), calling for help, coming for help, gathering together with allies in an arbitrary place on the map (not just at the airfields).

One can already use this online: just put the files "kneeboard_*.png" to "C:\Users\...\SavedGames\DCS\Kneeboard" folder (create if necessary).

I've already tried this and found it lovely :) On my screen the slides are displayed pretty well.

aJOzzior8NE.jpg

Any thoughts? Maybe we'll be able to turn off the GPS?.. :smilewink:

P.S. The images are generated via some scripts, so performing variations to all this might be easy.

How can I have those targets imported on the other map?

[sIGPIC]http://www.settimostormo.it/images/Firme/racetrack.png[/sIGPIC]

"Volare è utile, atterrare è necessario"

"Se non guardi a ore 6 almeno ogni 5 secondi non parlarmi di combattimento aereo, piuttosto fai il comico"

Which other map do you mean? :huh: You need similar thing for different mission or what?

Nevermind I've alreay done that by myself ;)

Thank you anyway.

[sIGPIC]http://www.settimostormo.it/images/Firme/racetrack.png[/sIGPIC]

"Volare è utile, atterrare è necessario"

"Se non guardi a ore 6 almeno ogni 5 secondi non parlarmi di combattimento aereo, piuttosto fai il comico"

eekz would be possible to allow Skin Change in the Rearm&Refuel Menue like the most other Server use?

Little bit anoyed of the D9 Papagei Staffel Skin not realy my Favorite to much Red Colour :D

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

eekz would be possible to allow Skin Change in the Rearm&Refuel Menue like the most other Server use?

Little bit anoyed of the D9 Papagei Staffel Skin not realy my Favorite to much Red Colour :D

Hmmm... I could change few FWs skins to different one of your choice :)

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

One could be White 11 - "13.JG 51_Heinz Marquardt"

it is default skin and is awesome :music_whistling:

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

One could be White 11 - "13.JG 51_Heinz Marquardt"

it is default skin and is awesome :music_whistling:

This would be also my choice, would be nice you can change some of the 190's with different Skin's...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

This would be also my choice, would be nice you can change some of the 190's with different Skin's...

Fixed skins are actually good gameplay wise, we are able to identify easier in a furball. Currently, "stripes" means Blue team

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Hi,

i have weird trouble.

If i want change side, after finished flight, i go to spectators and then i select a new plane from opposite side.

Then i go to briefing and then click on "Fly", and instead i spawn with my new plane, i just see view from camera which is exactly placed on place where i finished my last flight - at airport...

It comes with lost life.

The same for both sides, and it happened to me today and yesterday.

Has anyone met it?

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Hi,

i have weird trouble.

If i want change side, after finished flight, i go to spectators and then i select a new plane from opposite side.

Then i go to briefing and then click on "Fly", and instead i spawn with my new plane, i just see view from camera which is exactly placed on place where i finished my last flight - at airport...

It comes with lost life.

The same for both sides, and it happened to me today and yesterday.

Has anyone met it?

I think this is a DCS thing in the latest patch. I have had this happen on several servers now, not just Burning Skies but I do have it happen there as well.

Hmmm... I could change few FWs skins to different one of your choice :)

How about changing the Skins on the blue side so every plane doesn't have glaring white stripes down the wings? Currently only the CW Spit has a skin that doesn't have invasion stripes.