Login in China - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-01-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
six.dof

Default Login in China

I live in China, and have massive issues with multiplayer and login , from time to time it works well, mostly it is not working, I have to use a VPN for login, MP is still not working or I get server with extremely high ping.

Is there any solution or setting which enable me to login without VPN, I know there a lot of chinese users, I don’t think they all use VPN
six.dof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
six.dof

Seems like no one knows..... figure out the last days, that this is not regular, last beta patch, 6GB, no VPN, 3MB/s, until yesterday login without VPN, today again no login without VPN.
Is there any setting on my side I can check or adjust ?
Thanks for any advice
Old 07-14-2018, 05:43 AM   #3
David OC

I would ask a few guy's in the Multiplayer section of the forum six.dof. Using a VPN couldn't be good for a MP connection, no idea why you would need to use one to connect.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero MB | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3466Mhz | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe
500G SSD | 2 X Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | Fractal Design R5 Case

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library. Awesome PDF guides for getting up to speed with aircraft quickly and great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing.

David OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:27 AM   #4
six.dof

Hello David OC, the last few days it works well, no VPN needed, I guess sometimes the mighty Wall filter the IP, not sure how the blocking works, but seems ok now.
There are sometimes 4 - 8 servers with a ping less than 50, a few with less 200, and a lot with 200+, I have no idea about the DCS community size here in China

Thanks for your suggestion