Mig29 Cockpit Love ?

IvanK

We have a stunning 3d external model and a stunning new cockpit model .... except there are a lot of inoperative/non animated instruments in the new cockpit. Whilst we wait for the AFM/PFM how about a little cockpit love to tie us over :)

These are the things in order of priority (imo) that I would like to see:

RWR: Signal strength Yellow Arc inoperative.... entering the DCS battle space without RWR is plain Stupid.

AFCS PANEL: Non of the mode lights illuminate so knowing what mode you are in is problematical.... should work in identical fashion to SU27 (that works just fine).

Mechanical System Indicator: The Leading edge Flap position indicators are inoperative.

Countermeasures Qty: this is inoperative

Gear Handle : doesnt move

Intake Ramps display : Its stuck on 0% .... Full Open

HYD/Pneumatic indicator : Inoperative at least get the indicators in the green band

OXY: again inoperative at least get the indicator showing its usable

Brake Pressure : Another one stuck at Zero

Navigation Controls: System control is inoperative ... though I suspect a lot of code would be needed here to get it running in a realistic manner.

Fuel Display: Its not correct see other posts on this subject

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53797

DCS2_5_MIG29pit.jpg

Edited by IvanK

Not even Su-27/33 do have fully "working" cockpit and features. For example riple quantity indicator does not move when changed, thus you do not know what value it is set in. Also, you cannot set it to qty 1 and drop only 1 bomb at the time. Su-25/25T have this working properly. I hope Mig29 will get more love and will have this cared about.

Currently, the most pressing issue is the navigation, because as "map display" was removed and indication lights are not working, you have no way of knowing in what waypoint you are currently pointing. Unfortunatelly Mig29's HUD does not contain this information like Su-25T's does.

Edited by _SeaFox_

We have a stunning 3d external model and a stunning new cockpit model .... except there are a lot of inoperative/non animated instruments in the new cockpit. Whilst we wait for the AFM/PFM how about a little cockpit love to tie us over :)

These are the things in order of priority (imo) that I would like to see:

I doubt you will have much luck with that suggestion, but if the purpose is just to fix the most glaring shortcomings then I don't quite understand your priorities :)

As far as I can tell what annoys people the most is the lack of navigation info - here it should be possible to employ the navigation panel for the most basic function of displaying the currently selected waypoint by activating the three top button-lamps for the purpose.

AFCS PANEL: Non of the mode lights illuminate so knowing what mode you are in is problematical.... should work in identical fashion to SU27 (that works just fine).

Yes no arguments there.

Mechanical System Indicator: The Leading edge Flap position indicators are inoperative.

Yes but since the LEFs are operated as an automatic function of the FCS with no manual control, its hardly the most pressing issue :)

Countermeasures Qty: this is inoperative

Yes that would be nice to have working.

Gear Handle : doesnt move

Yes because this has a practical function as it provides a quick visual reference to tell whether the gear is up or down - but at least there is the indication on the mech system's panel.

Intake Ramps display : Its stuck on 0% .... Full Open

HYD/Pneumatic indicator : Inoperative at least get the indicators in the green band

OXY: again inoperative at least get the indicator showing its usable

Brake Pressure : Another one stuck at Zero

Yes but none of these really matter with the current level of modelling(SFM and simple system) of the aircraft.

Navigation Controls: System control is inoperative ... though I suspect a lot of code would be needed here to get it running in a realistic manner.

Definitely for the full complexity, but as mentioned at the top, it should be possible to provide at least the most pressing information(currently selected waypoint) by simple means.

Fuel Display: Its not correct see other posts on this subject

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53797

Heh no, but I doubt we will see that addressed anytime soon - functionality aside, the -29S(in your screenshot) doesn't even have the right gauge :).

JJ

While we're being nitpicky, the flaps can only be lowered to the 50% position. You can't lower them to 100% for landing.

The external model for the MiG-29 is spectacular, it would be awesome if they released a really accurate, detailed PFM for this fighter! Fine details of the systems I'm not so picky about, as long as the radar, weapons systems and general flying-around related stuff all works :) Of course, I'd love a full-fidelity MiG-29 module, even if it's the A model with the crappy radar... but wouldn't we all?

That being said, I'd still prefer it if ED fixed all the stuttering first, and then got Miggy wit it.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Please add analog axis brake control.

I'd love it too.

I'm being a bit selfish here but after upgrading my setup with a MCG Pro, I'd love to use it fully. Unfortunatly that is not the case at the moment.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

• 3 weeks later...

i'd pay 100 euro for a full fidelity mig29 :)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black