DCS Terrain development team

Prowler111

Well if there is going to be a south Atlantic map, that means there NEEDS to be Chinook developed. I mean how can have a falklands campaign without Bravo November.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bravo_November

;) ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind some fictional anti-ship missions from the Falkland/Malvinas with the Viggen, would be a nice map.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I would absolutely love to get my hands on an FRS1.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Where do I sign?

One request. Can the ocean area be HUGE.

I appreciate that much of the fight night concentrate on the Falklands themselves.

However, would be good to have a big map to be able to conduct fleet combat on, and I assume that without buildings and scenery, that the low graphic loading would allow the expansion of the sea area.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Where do I sign?

One request. Can the ocean area be HUGE.

I appreciate that much of the fight night concentrate on the Falklands themselves.

However, would be good to have a big map to be able to conduct fleet combat on, and I assume that without buildings and scenery, that the low graphic loading would allow the expansion of the sea area.

:thumbup: +1

Really can’t wait for this map. After spending 18 months on the islands they hold a special place in my heart.

Not to mention my Uncle Was there during the conflict on HMS Argonaut where he sadly lost 2 crewmates. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Argonaut_(F56)

My father was sent out for the conflict, but the surrender happened while he was waiting to leave at Southampton Docks much to mums relief.

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Like to the North to Wideawake ? XDDDDD

Mmmmm maybe a Vulcan and maybe a Victor. ????

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

North europe it is ( norway, sweden, Finland and part of russia) :P
I vote for this. Much more jets involved in this theater and the view is awesome. Bring back old memories of EF2000 :D

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Remember Ugla Media has making the Syria map and Militech 5 has plans to a Iwo Jima map. ED surely can moving Afganistan Map after Persian Gulf map release.

I really hope this time we could have somenthing different, somenthing really special like a Falkland Malvinas scenary.

The same would have been for Korea with the insane modules by Belsimtek, but we know.....DCS is a very strange world.

This time we could have a chance, maybe. The other scenary is, off course, the Kippur but Razbam must be a Falkland Malvinas dedicated company, at least for now. My two cents.

Shag, I want to be clear, I would NEVER complain about a new terrain, I just think that there are terrains that would be better and more versatile than a Falklands map. With us having WWII gear why not expand on that with a Med map - Sicily / Sardinia / Italy lower boot / Tunisia would be a great map. What about a full Korean War map? Vietnam with Thai airfields and OP Steel Tiger areas? Okinawa?

I would fly Malvinas, I would, but to me it seems like there are some better places we could be that would have more historical mission opportunities.

Hypotetical scenarios are also great for potential missions inside the Falklands.

Like What if the Skyhawks where deployed inside the islands, or even the Daggers,etc. But for "real" missions you should fly from Rio Grande with a flight time over 3 hours.

Fictional Argentinian C-101CC's with Sea Eagle missiles would be fun too.

North europe it is ( norway, sweden, Finland and part of russia) :P

Maybe some day.. :cry:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Shag, I want to be clear, I would NEVER complain about a new terrain, I just think that there are terrains that would be better and more versatile than a Falklands map. With us having WWII gear why not expand on that with a Med map - Sicily / Sardinia / Italy lower boot / Tunisia would be a great map. What about a full Korean War map? Vietnam with Thai airfields and OP Steel Tiger areas? Okinawa?

I would fly Malvinas, I would, but to me it seems like there are some better places we could be that would have more historical mission opportunities.

The 3rd parties has your owns plans, RAZBAM has been the opportunity to making that theatre, and have building from some years ago AI proper time assistance's to maths with Falklands scenery (ships), and the ED Rapier SAM system show some weeks ago. The same situation can be with Miltech 5 and your F4-U1, some renders of Japanese fighters was show some time ago (actually unknown state) but surely with "plans" to make "playable" the Iwo Jima scenery.

Vietnam and Korea has a little handicap, the deficient of AI units to that time periods. Remember ED has working actually on some AI air defense units applicable to Vietnam (Sa-2, S-60, etc) with others Cold War assets. Korea has actually very "abandoned" on time periods AI units, and surely ED and / or 3rd parties move to fill the gap in a future.

Has only a matter of time has some "theatres" will be incoming. Keep calm and wait for news.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

You guys politicking for the Falklands are talking about 2 islands, with less HALF the surface area of the Nevada map, a whole lot of ocean and 2 months, 1 week and 5 days of actual combat.

I just don't see worldwide interest...

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Should be great for the short hop Harrier missions crew then! And lots of helo missions dropping off the paras and marines to Tumbledown mountain etc from a Chinook (which should also get made!)

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Refresh my memory, how may days, or hours if you prefer, did the air war over Georgia last?

It is precisely because it has half the land mass of Nevada map (and most likely a tenth the structures) that this is going to be a great map. Particularly with the new carrier tech to be introduced to DCS world and a few high fidelity carriers announced.

I think it would be a perfect first attempt at a map being mostly ocean development should go fast since there is little terrain to model and few structures compared to other maps. Also with the few trees and structures, and mostly ocean I would anticipate that performance will be good.

You guys politicking for the Falklands are talking about 2 islands, with less HALF the surface area of the Nevada map, a whole lot of ocean and 2 months, 1 week and 5 days of actual combat.

Similarly to WW2 or NTTR or Caucasus or Persian Gulf. RAZBAM only offer a product, the community can select individually your preferences.... and always has client with interest on a "real" war (Falklands / Malvinas or other), remember WW2 Normandy.

I would have fun with the Falklands to simulate what could have happened as much as what did happen. One thing we or I don't know is what aircraft ?

To my knowledge no Sea Harriers/Mirage III etc. have been announced, I've heard of an A-4 being done.

Well, because it seems a lot of people would love that scenario.

Would people be interested in an "Operation Just Cause" scenario? Certainly not as it only lasted 14-days and was only in an area half the size of Nevada?

Or a "6 day war" scenario with parts of Israel, Syria and Egypt? I guess nobody would want that either, as it lasted only 6 days and involved just a couple airstrikes and a few skirmishes?

We still don't know what map they have up their sleeves. I am in favor of any (!) map, as it is moot to discuss which war scenario or Island (btw, what about a Cuba map?) would be best. Razbam will tell us, what is the product and customers will buy it, or not.

The things I personally like about the Falklands/Malvinas is the relativley small land mass and medium object count inhabited areas, plus the chance to model a vast ocean for deploying the upcoming carriers and finally a chance for a strip of argentine coast that will give us long distance recon and attack runs.

Imagining the need to find a defended fleet somewhere in an area of ocean vastly bigger than the Black Sea, sounds interesting, to me.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)