Debolestis Shapeways shop

Hi everybody!

On this thread I would like to introduce my Shapeways store.

First of all, what is Shapeways? Shapeways is online 3D printing service. On their site everybody can make their own shop and sell their designs. I was annoyed by the fact that I couldn't find all parts that I needed for my joystick mods so I decided to try a little 3D printing. I know how to work in Sketchup so design was easy for me. What surprised me was the quality of Shapeways' prints, they have powerful industrial printers, that are light years away from what "a normal person" can buy as desktop printer. They print plastic, metals (stainless steel, aluminum) and other materials. In the end it is what I need. I don't want 3D printer I just wanted something printed from time to time.

When you buy something you are not buying a digital model but real 3D printed physical model. Shapeways has base price for every model and designer add markup price to that. I add 1 US$ for every model that I make it doesn't matter how it is complicated or what material it is made from. I am not trying to make a living out of this, maybe just a few dollars to finance my hobby. And I like to work in Sketchup.

I started with my shop after discussion on THIS THREAD. People had problems with Thrustmaster joystick tailpiece. That part is made out of aluminum-zinc alloy and is not strong enough, and it could be broken easily. Thrustmaster will not send a replacement and you are stuck with shiny warthog that you can use as paperweight.

This is how it works:

First you go to my Shapeways shop

pPnPjru.jpg

Then select a model you want to print. Have in mind that plastics are about 5 to 10 times cheaper than metal prints. Then put it in your shopping basket and pay. I usually wait about 2 week for my prints to arrive, some people reported longer waiting times.

Also if you want something printed that is not in my shop, I can draw it for free. I can draw almost everything but I also have limits in time and knowledge. If something is super-complex, maybe I shall not be able to make it. Stuff like knobs and tailpieces are easy.

I CANNOT TAP THREADS in places where screw is needed. You have to do it yourself with a proper tool for that. There will probably be mistakes but everything can be fixed. I recommend that you order first plastic part if you are not sure if it will work.

Some of my designs are in BETA.

It is just a status, I cannot print all of models that are in my store and I wait for feedback from users. If feedbacks are OK then I remove BETA status. You can print BETA models, they should be 99% OK it just means that I am not 100% sure. If somebody reports a mistake I shall correct it.

A few photos of my models:

zeLhAOy.png

w3Ukbot.png

Jj7hSY3.png

Edited by debolestis

I ordered this one because it was confusing with all the different beta's.

http://www.shapeways.com/product/XRFBJD5SX/thrustmaster-joystick-tailpiece-13-deg-angle-m?option=58918864&etId=71875197&utm_source=automated-contact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=payment-received&utm_content=7

Looks like this one is unfortunately the newer one I wanted.

http://www.shapeways.com/product/GBKC82RBT/thrustmaster-joystick-tailpiece-13-deg-angle?li=user-profile&optionId=58829415

I know you only made 1 dollar, and Shapeways won't do anything because they are not responsible for your page. I bought the first beta in plastic to test it. I purposely waited for the newer one to buy in steel and got the old one. Can't help you on whether your latest one works as I was hoping to do, since I have the old one.

I got it installed finally after some work involving filing down the plastic part on the wired socket. Love the 13 degrees! Its a good product, just a mix up unfortunately.

Maybe remove the working beta's from the order site or put dates on them to reduce possibility of confusion.

I'll let you know when the paddle arrives.

It is more or less same model.

Second link is the same as first link but it has more material, it is suitable more for plastics, I left option for metal as well but I don't think it is necessary, because stainless steel is more than strong for the task.

Stainless steel

u5vPRHB.png

Plastic

xgSGJlL.png

You can see the difference, it was also explained in product description.

Can you please post one photo of your tailpiece? I just want to see something then I can change all the models.

You are right about confusion, I'll explain better in description, add new version number and date for every model.

I sold maybe 15 of these tailpieces, If somebody else is going to have problems whit it, it is an easy fix. I wanted that connector has tight fit so that adding two screws is not necessary. All you have to do is to find somewhere table drill and use M12 drill and widen the hole. It is not difficult, it is only maybe 0.1mm wider.

If somebody want two screws then this must be used:

tapwench.jpg

and this, M2,5 tap drills

614TAceOB7L._SY355_.jpg

l6C3qym.jpg

Edited by debolestis

Thanks. I may order the metal one. I'm worried that adding an extension to the Warthog may be too demanding for the current alloy.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Looks OK, some printing lines are visible. Some hand polishing would probably improve the looks of it.

I corrected tailpiece models, widened hole for connector, added better description. Also version number with date. I think tailpieces should be OK now, I'll order one myself next week.

Thrustmaster joystick tailpiece

Thrustmaster joystick tailpiece-M

Thrustmaster joystick tailpiece, 13 deg. angle

Thrustmaster joystick tailpiece, 13 deg. angle-M

Suncom to Thrustmaster joystick tailpiece

Vbjlom1.png

gavndAE.png

Edited by debolestis

Ah, falling forward, I see. Forgot about that.

Yup, primed and painted. Looks great installed. Sanding is tedious (I gave up) as the metal is very strong. Filing is also a long time headache.

OK, so everything is working now?

Can you post some photos of finished stick?

Is it OK that I post your photos on my Shapeways page?

Added new version of paddle lever. I think it is now OK.

Changed model a little, added more polygons to it. Adder new materials, I didn't notice before there is "matte black steel", probably painted stainless steel, like "black strong and flexible" that is painted white nylon.

kuK6osJ.jpg

xV5cWDK.jpg

vQscheV.png

58vpLwK.png

Edited by debolestis

• 2 weeks later...

I was working a little on warthog pinkie lever. I am trying to make something that wold fit Cougar or FLCS and that will look more like original design.

u37pTd1.jpg

DwpFdtG.png

nybrlNd.jpg

H7UbL6X.png

This will need some testing and will take some time.

Edited by debolestis

I saw this post on SIMHQ forum.

Then I made models for TM tailpiece that is 15 degrees offset to the left.

Version for plastic print:

bLHVNEK.png

Version for metal print:

OF29zpd.png

So far I sold 40 models, thank you for that. Please send photos and feedback of your prints.

Edited by debolestis

• 2 weeks later...

This was requested and I made it.

This is TM tailpiece that is 13° angled and 15° offset to the left.

For plastic prints

OZwYrme.png

For metal prints

DeqM6Px.png

Probably something like this:

zkj8jFC.jpg

Edited by debolestis

Hi,

I just bought a few mini joysticks to solder to an Arduino. I wonder if the F16 cursor knobs will fit? Could you give me the dimensions for the 'connection part' ?

Thx,

F4l0

Hi,

I just bought a few mini joysticks to solder to an Arduino. I wonder if the F16 cursor knobs will fit? Could you give me the dimensions for the 'connection part' ?

Thx,

F4l0

Here are dimensions, if you need something else please measure and I'll make model.

rzYgncf.jpg

Edited by debolestis

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, but I need dimensions or phisical knob. I think it is knob or something simmilar.

Can shapeways print rubber? I'm fairly sure this friction pad is made of rubber and using plastic (or other materials) might not be a great idea...