[ALREADY REPORTED] Hud an radar frame rate.

DAN

Is it me bit the frame rates off the HUD symbology and the radar are a bit rough? What’s your opinion on that ?

Thanks and have a great day.

They weren't aware of mighty constant g-sync (without stutter) 60 fps back in the 2007 :D

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

I think the refresh is slow in SAM mode and smooth in STT right? I was assuming this was by design, but yes the slow refresh is not ideal.

It's the same problem that LTWS in the Hornet had, until a few months ago. The radar builds a trackfile in space (LAT/LONG/ELEV or R/THETA/Z) and that point should be space-stabilized, both in the HUD and in all other sensors. It should be like any space-stabilized element of the HUD, such as the horizon line, which updates at the full refresh rate of the HUD. The SAM track should only "jump" to a new point in space, upon a new update of the trackfile by the radar.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro