Give some love to the A-10....

ac5

If they do update the cockpit, better make the HUD bigger like the F/A-18C's. I can't see the full info on HUD unless I get very close to the HUD, weird feeling, the A-10C and F-15C have same problem.

Hi, you can edit the file

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\HUD\Indicator\HUD_definitions.lua"

where it reads:

old_K = 73.5

new_K = 55.0--44

I have 55 and this makes the letters and numbers in the HUD bigger and easier to read.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Hi, you can edit the file

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\HUD\Indicator\HUD_definitions.lua"

where it reads:

old_K = 73.5

new_K = 55.0--44

I have 55 and this makes the letters and numbers in the HUD bigger and easier to read.

-----No, I didn't mean the front size but the hud size or the HUD position relative to center of cockpit. If you dont' get close enough, you can't see the left,right, bottom full info on it. But at the position you can see full hud info, then you can barely see much of the front panel ,so weird feeling. I dont' believe pilots in real life are all tilt their body forward that much to do reading. This should be a improper cockpit 3D model, set the hud model a bit backward to the cockpit center.

I’ve only flown VR in the A10C, until just now I tired out a 172 in XPlane. Wow what a difference in the visuals/realism. I would have to assume the A10 cockpit update is a priority. If it looked as good as I just experienced in XPlane, I may not be able to leave the house.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

• 3 weeks later...

Excited when I saw a new update was available. Disappointed when the change log had nothing about the A10. We keep hearing stuff is in the works, but no details yet. Wags is pretty good about mini updates in the F18 forum. Any chance we can get something similar for the A10, or should I start looking for another plane?

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Excited when I saw a new update was available. Disappointed when the change log had nothing about the A10. We keep hearing stuff is in the works, but no details yet. Wags is pretty good about mini updates in the F18 forum. Any chance we can get something similar for the A10, or should I start looking for another plane?

Currently ED has other Priorities than getting old Modules up to date which is a bummer. I apreciate that we´ll get new modules like the F-16, but to be honest I´d rather like to see the current ones available to the latest Standarts. By beeing overprecise, so I´d say the Huey still lacks certain and promissed Features. so those items are "WIP" but not in first priority....But it´s of course more important to get the WWII stuff done first :mad:

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

You have to remember that it is a company, the WW2 aircraft are competing with other sims unlike the A10 which was USAF sanctioned.

Therefore making the ww2 aircraft a higher quality is more in EDs interests at the moment but i suspect that now that the ww2 stuff is higher in price the A10 will be their next project.

Personally i would rather see a full fidelity SU25T but you know... Details...

as for the Huey well i don't fly it a lot but the one thing i will say is that the FM at least does not feel like its on rails like the gazelles currently does.

The problem when developing a specific aircraft is that if it has limited capability it will continue to do so unless the developer then goes on to make a different version which then brings up issues with marketing.

The F14 is an example of this, the F14A will handle differently the B and should have some minor changes in weapons and instrumentation but is close enough to the B to warrent selling in the same package. When it comes to the Huey i don't really think there is a lot to be done unless you develop a module based of an aircraft that was a variant of the Huey such as the UH-1Y.

The huey has a wonderful flight model but It Is far from being complete: It lacks multicrew capability promised since the beginning, the manual Is incomplete, some aspects of the engine should Be addressed, and so on. It seems like they decided to pass over letting It unfinished and so suddently declared It released.

**Bump For A-10c luv!

Exactly!!! Because every update is spoiling things in A-10C that were working well in years. Just read the topics here daily and confirm.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Exactly!!! Because every update is spoiling things in A-10C that were working well in years. Just read the topics here daily and confirm.

Indeed.... :thumbup:

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Any chance of getting a HMD update to designate targets on the ground visually? Unless that requires a whole new electronic suite to accomplish?

I wish I could just look at a SAM/AAA site and just designate a point so TPG could slew right on to it.

Can't wait for the A10C updates. I just started enemy within 3.0 and I fly in VR so I would love to see the A10C cockpit get some updates so that it's easier to read. I use the Odyssey and the fials and button in the F18 are crystal clear and I'm using a PD of 2.0 too yet the writing in the A10 is difficult to see still.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Any chance of getting a HMD update to designate targets on the ground visually?

Not likely. In DCS, we have the A-10C Suite 3. IRL, I believe Suite 7 and newer feature a Helmet Mounted Cueing system. The DCS A-10C has been feature complete for a long time, and ED never announced any plans to upgrade it (except for 3D model and cockpit adjustments that we should be seeing later this year, if all goes according to plan (which it usually doesn't :D)).

Any chance of getting a HMD update to designate targets on the ground visually? Unless that requires a whole new electronic suite to accomplish?

I wish I could just look at a SAM/AAA site and just designate a point so TPG could slew right on to it.

It would be GREAT but without a DCS A-10C 2 being sold (which would be a day one purchase for me) it ain’t gonna happen. Like said above the HMCS was introduced in suite 7 (suite 7 plus if memory serves me correctly).

I remember talking to my pilots when it was introduced initially. The “old timers” weren’t a fan of the HMCS because they felt sensory overload but the younger pilots loved it.

• 2 weeks later...

...still waiting, getting mildly impatient :music_whistling:

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Yeah news, even just small, would be awesome.

I N D E E D.........

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

2 Weeks be sure! ;)

Just have some patience guys. It'll happen but ED has a lot going on atm.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I would happily donate my bonus money or even pay a small contribution towards updates of older looking modules, Blackshark and a10 and the F5.

Can you imagine the fury of the forums if they decided to charge a small fee for the time and effort put into updating the aircraft?

Its like watching an old space movie and complaining its not cutting edge CGI 10 years later, but some in this community would do that.....

"Bbbbut raytracing....." (insert new technology here) yeah we will upgrade you $50 module for ever free of charge like ummmmm...no other game.

I suppose this is a unique quirk of putting out an environment (DCS World) which is ever evolving, with say Battlefield, they can just release BF6 to include say VR and Ray Tracing (or whatever) and the old one falls away unsupported, whereas if DCS does an improvement that changes something they have to make it backward compatible or else update all the modules using it.

There will be an interesting time when there is a step change in technology and DCS World and all the modules will become completely obsolete, like they were written in DOS! I probably wont be around but can you think of any other platforms like this one?

It seems the type of software that lends itself to a license fee in my opinion.

I would happily donate my bonus money or even pay a small contribution towards updates of older looking modules, Blackshark and a10 and the F5.

Me too! VERY happily. This HUGE amount of effort should be recompensed :thumbup:

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004