Stuck on startup tutorial

dresoccer4

hi all -

i'm stoked for the new AFM, so currently going through the in-game start up tutorial. however I'm stuck at the part where you test the stall warning. i hold the switch up for a while until the pedals shake and the warning light goes out...but then the tutorial won't advance.

was hoping someone could shed light on what else i need to do.:helpsmilie:

thanks!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Quick Start up. Master battery on, generators on, inverters on, bus tie on, Fuel shut off off (err on?) fuesalage fuel pump on, Starter on, throttle to idle when N2 starts to peak, close and lock cockpit,oxygen on, radios as desired.

thanks, i can get her up and raining quick and dirty if i have to, but wanted to go through all of the tutorials since they give a lot of good info. i've spent 20 mins already in the start up tutorial but now i'm stuck, and don't want to go through all that again. just want to progress through the rest of it

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

thanks, i can get her up and raining quick and dirty if i have to, but wanted to go through all of the tutorials since they give a lot of good info. i've spent 20 mins already in the start up tutorial but now i'm stuck, and don't want to go through all that again. just want to progress through the rest of it

Dont know about the Tutorial bug, but here I have the startup procedure, based on the manual of the real thing, with more detail than on the DCS manual ... perhaps it can help:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hIEPXmdzZnXCAv_O7A

I will update it with the weapons procedures as soon as I’ve fully learned them :)

edit: I also have to update some details, like that now the trim indicator works and steering the plane during taxi requires the use of differential braking.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Dont know about the Tutorial bug, but here I have the startup procedure, based on the manual of the real thing, with more detail than on the DCS manual ... perhaps it can help:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hIEPXmdzZnXCAv_O7A

I will update it with the weapons procedures as soon as I’ve fully learned them :)

edit: I also have to update some details, like that now the trim indicator works and steering the plane during taxi requires the use of differential braking.

thanks!

For some reason ED is using wrong training mission files, though we have the correct ones committed to ED since very long time ago.

I'll tell ED to correct this. Meanwhile, please use THESE FILES and let me know if they play correctly.

Thank you and apologizes.

EDIT: Unzip the file into your DCS main directory.

Edited by Vibora

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

For some reason ED is using wrong training mission files, though we have the correct ones committed to ED since very long time ago.

I'll tell ED to correct this. Meanwhile, please use THESE FILES and let me know if they play correctly.

Thank you and apologizes.

EDIT: Unzip the file into your DCS main directory.

ok cool, i'll try these out

In fact, I've checked the Open beta install and the files there are the correct ones. So you are probably doing something wrong.

Here you have a SHORT VIDEO showing that part of the training mission, where you can see that the tutorial moves from stall system test to next step (fuel flow test).

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In fact, I've checked the Open beta install and the files there are the correct ones. So you are probably doing something wrong.

Here you have a SHORT VIDEO showing that part of the training mission, where you can see that the tutorial moves from stall system test to next step (fuel flow test).

awesome, many thanks for the follow-up. i'll give this a try next time i'm on my PC (probably after the holidays) and report back. however from watching the video, thats exactly what i did. held the switch up for a while until the shaking stopped and the stall light went out. then nothing happened... *shrug*

awesome, many thanks for the follow-up. i'll give this a try next time i'm on my PC (probably after the holidays) and report back. however from watching the video, thats exactly what i did. held the switch up for a while until the shaking stopped and the stall light went out. then nothing happened... *shrug*

After holding the switch up and releasing it, you have to hold it down and release it, then the mission will advance to next trigger.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I did the startup tutorial yesterday using the original files shipped with the open beta, and all went well. Though from time to time it was a bit hard to figure out what to click.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro