Flanker 2.0 Intro in DCS 2.5

Pougatchev

Hi guys!

My first video on DCS Worl 2.5.

Trying to remake the great intro of Flanker 2.0 in DCS 2.5.

All comments are welcome, I have a mid end PC so I'm sorry about the quality.

Enjoy!

:pilotfly:

Edited by Pougatchev
  • Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

very good! i enjoyed while watching. and i love to watch old games's intros as well

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

OMG. awesome job. haha. U read my mind...I have been wanting to re-do those intro videos. haha. Great job.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Thank you guys. :)

I'm gonna make new videos in the future so all comments are welcome, also tips and tricks, if you see anything wrong, tell me! :thumbup:

Right now the problem is the compression of youtube, so I'm wondering if oversize my finished video in 4K and putting it on youtube reduce the loss of quality... Gonna ask GA :D

Edited by Pougatchev
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you :thumbup:

Oh yeah, Flanker 2.0 was the second simulator I get after CFS2 and what a sim, playing it every day after school with a saitek st330 rumble stick :D

Mig-29k, Su-33 with KH-41 and sea radar xD

I can talk of this sim for hours :)

Some unrealistic things but so fun, aerial refueling deck operations, what a lot of things to do, for those years that was probably the best modern combat plane sim of the time, like DCS was today but with less opposition from other companies.

Edited by Pougatchev
Orth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fantastic execution !

That game (starting with Flanker 1) were really ahead of their time.

The Su-27 is such a beautiful aircraft. I would love a pro module of it.

i7 7700k • 1080Ti • 32GB @ 3200 MHz • 525GB M.2 • Oculus Rift

Warthog + Pro Flight

I'm gonna make new videos in the future so all comments are welcome, also tips and tricks, if you see anything wrong, tell me! :thumbup:

Right now the problem is the compression of youtube, so I'm wondering if oversize my finished video in 4K and putting it on youtube reduce the loss of quality... Gonna ask GA :D

My only comment would be to try to see if you can push your settings to max and then record avi from the in-game tracks rather than record using an external application like shadowplay. I think some of the grass and other effects like DOF would have shown off more beauty of DCS 2.5.

It is scary to see how far we have gotten. That was a pre-rendered cinematic and we can now run even better graphics in realtime. Just imagine where we will be in another 5-10y.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• ED Team

Hi there! I saw your PM, but I might as well answer it here. :)

I notice a problem with how you have rendered the video itself. I do not believe it's an issue with youtube compression.

If you are using (Sony) Vegas for editing/rendering then maybe this will help, as these are the settings I used when rendering the DCS World 2.5 video. :thumbup:

You can of course render at whatever resolution you wish.

Untitled.png.a42dd8b2fbf402d2916ff81f0ae131de.png