DCS cameras, views and video recording

Bucic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick question for the screenshot/video pros:

Is there a (Supercarrier) camera similar to the catapult cam that's fixed to the boat but the view is focused on and following the starting aircraft?

RCtrl+F9 doesn't follow the aircraft and LCtrl + F3 isn't locked to the carrier but to the ground/sea.

Edited by Bealdor

• 2 weeks later...

Three questions - 

1 - I am trying to view/watch a replay track of a multiplayer mission and I cannot jump from AC to AC using F2 in the mission. Any ideas as to why?

2. Back in the IL2 1946 days, you could put cameras in target areas and jump to them for various views...has DCS done or thinking of doing something like this?

3. There is no way to rewind the track so you don't have to keep restarting it to get the shot?

Any advice, insight is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a problem since I have moved to the latest version of DCS ; RCtrl+RShift + Num Pad 2, 4, 6 and 8 (for pan camera) are not working anymore.

In any situation, I can't pan my camera.

Does someone konw what happened please ?

I really need this 😞

Thank you

Edited by Hook83

On 12/2/2023 at 1:57 AM, Elwood_Blues said:

Three questions - 

1 - I am trying to view/watch a replay track of a multiplayer mission and I cannot jump from AC to AC using F2 in the mission. Any ideas as to why?

2. Back in the IL2 1946 days, you could put cameras in target areas and jump to them for various views...has DCS done or thinking of doing something like this?

3. There is no way to rewind the track so you don't have to keep restarting it to get the shot?

Any advice, insight is appreciated.

1. Look up "dcs enabling external views for multiplayer track". The solution should be similar - editing the track as mission file to remove restrictions.

2. No such thing. You can only cycle through airbases.

3. No such feature and not planned. I doubt rewinding is going to be possible even in the new rewritten system. Better plan your takes, record several video shots for each take and work from there.

On 1/16/2024 at 9:33 AM, Hook83 said:

Hello,

I have a problem since I have moved to the latest version of DCS ; RCtrl+RShift + Num Pad 2, 4, 6 and 8 (for pan camera) are not working anymore.

I really need this 😞

Thank you

Have you tried disconnecting all your controllers, including TrackIR/VR? Test with keyboard only.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2024 at 12:33 AM, Hook83 said:

Hello,

I really need this 😞

Thank you

Is there no answer to this? When / why did this happen? Really makes external screenshots setup difficult!

Talking about "Truck" and "Pedestal" movements.

camera-movement.png

I found the answer in the changelog for Oct. 19, 2023

NEW: Cinematic Camera View - Right Control + F2. In combination with the mouse, the WASD keys can be used to move the camera forward, back, and laterally, and the Q and E keys can move the camera up and down.

• Like 1

I fly in VR and playback in 2D by not starting Pimax software and then opening DCS.  The initial view is a recording of whatever I was looking at when creating the track file.  If I change views, is there a way to get back to this initial view from the pilot's perspective.  Hitting F1 goes back to cockpit view but is locked on whatever I was looking at when I first change to a different view during playback.

I'm also having difficulty getting the sound to play.  I'm using Nvidia shadowplay, and sometimes I can get the audio to play, but when I import to powerdirector, there's no sound in the sound track.