Eurpean thatre : Normandy Approrpiate Bf109?

Kev2go

Was actually two different Systems, MW50 get abondoned Radial Engine pretty mutch disliked it without much Power increase.

C3 Injection to cool the compressed headed Intake Air, was at first only for allowed for Fight Bomber up to 1000m (300 Feet) later on for all Altitudes.

The more common System since March 44 was increase Mainfold Pressure, to increase Power from 1750HP to 2050 HP.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 4 weeks later...

Something I think a lot of people miss, is that if we get a more accurate-to-period aircraft to the Normandy map, who will buy it? People already have the Dora or K-4. Why would they pay to downgrade? The only way axis players will buy into more accurate aircraft is if the mission designers give 20 slots available to say, a G-6 (which I would like to see), and none to the K-4.

Thing is, by introducing the K-4 and D-9 first, ED really shot themselves in the foot. It would bring me a most evil smile to see ED remove the K-4 and D-9 completely, and replace it with the A-8 and G-6 or G-14. Oh, how the hardcore axis players would cry now that they can't reap the skies mercilessly anymore. Anyways, this is one reason why people go to that one WWII specifically themed flight game, aircraft that match the periods of the map/battle.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Something I think a lot of people miss, is that if we get a more accurate-to-period aircraft to the Normandy map, who will buy it? People already have the Dora or K-4. Why would they pay to downgrade? The only way axis players will buy into more accurate aircraft is if the mission designers give 20 slots available to say, a G-6 (which I would like to see), and none to the K-4.

Thing is, by introducing the K-4 and D-9 first, ED really shot themselves in the foot. It would bring me a most evil smile to see ED remove the K-4 and D-9 completely, and replace it with the A-8 and G-6 or G-14. Oh, how the hardcore axis players would cry now that they can't reap the skies mercilessly anymore. Anyways, this is one reason why people go to that one WWII specifically themed flight game, aircraft that match the periods of the map/battle.

Luckily it wasn't ED who decided K-4 model, right?

Anyhow, I would pay for a DCS level A-8 but that's me of course. It's only up to mission builders/server runners to cut the K-4 only selection for Luftwhinies making it a rare sight.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I would definitely prefer the FW 190 F-8 to the D-9, and definitely the Bf 109 G-6 to the K-4.

But it is a valid point that many pilots will often gravitate to what is "best". Restricting the number of available slots is one option. Reducing fuel rations or putting the better aircraft further back from the front lines might also help. I'm sure there are other ideas as well, and I'd be keen to hear them.

This is definitely in the hands of the mission builders. I mean, they already refrain from adding jets, so restricting the Über-Flugzeuge in some way is well within their means.

i think that even if people might buy a late g version, even if they already own the k4, the differences wouldnt be game changing online.

the relative strengths and weaknesses would still apply between the oponents. i might buy a late g version, but i would more likely spend my money on a early g, and instantly on an F version.

now yeah, would it fit to the current map? no. but only when we consider the normandy map to be 1944...given the airfields, it doesnt represent any era correctly, historically, the way i understood it. it could just as well serve as a 1941 to 1943 map.

the way i see it, its not about the map. we should not restrict ourselves to it, especially since 2 more ww2 maps are already in development, and my assumption is, that once they are out, normandy will be abandoned by most users...it already is to a certain extent.

they started with a very late 109 version. so there is only 1 direction they can further develop...backwards in time. a late g will be very similar to the k. so nothing too exciting for someone who flies the k4 since its release. for this reason, i would be way more excited about an f version. not 1944, but it flew over normandy for quite some time and saw heavy action in the period it was in service in that area. it was in service over that eara and we have the contemporary buildings, thats good enough for me. well tbh, for an 109 F i dont need any other reason than it being an F, to want it. sexiest 109 ever, period.

now for the allies, there is still the option to develop in both directions of time. i would welcome a Mk. XIV for example, although i dont think it will be interesting online. a Mk.V or even Mk.II and a Hurricane would be lovely. now thats me, i always prefered the early to mid war planes somehow.

Edited by birdstrike

difrences between bf190k4 and G6 do not end up withing engine

k-4 had lots of aerodynamic inprovments over earlier models like retracable tail wheel main gears covers even if you would put engine from g6 to k-4 it would prform difrent than bf109 G6

but despite this fact it will not fix problem in dcs

development of the module require lots of hours of work legit data it takes time to cover all of this so lets be happy about what we have so far.

but i agree that when fighting p-51d and spit mkIX FW190 A8 would be on the end of list :) even fw190 D-9 have hard time with those. ofc when you master the plane its difrent matter then

so even with fw190 a8 if you are good you will score kills :)

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

You sure about that?

And btw - I would buy an Emil, Friedrich, Gustav ... even though I already have the K4 and the D9.

Yes. Unfortunately ED would never do that, though.

The A8 will most probably not even sell as much as the D9. Which is also unfortunate, but people are people, and some just won't see the value in it if they already have the Dora. That, or a limited budget.

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes. Unfortunately ED would never do that, though.

The A8 will most probably not even sell as much as the D9. Which is also unfortunate, but people are people, and some just won't see the value in it if they already have the Dora. That, or a limited budget.

"deleting" a plane from a flight sim doesnt exactly sound like a good idea to me especially when we are short on plane types in ww2 here anyway...i cant imagine you are serious.

also, i wouldnt be too sure about the A8 selling worse than the D9. i myself never liked the long nosed look of the D9, and definitely had always prefered a radial Fw version.

Edited by birdstrike

As a groundpounder, I'd buy the F8 Würger on day one.

A groundpounder is a foot soldier (REF), so I'm slightly puzzled why that's a reason to get an F8. Sound's like you'd need a Huey? :eek:

Unless you are somehow implying area bombing, in which case an F8 is not going to do that either... you'd need a B-17G or something.

The F8 is a Schlachtflugzeug (lit. "strike aircraft") and you'll need some precision. It doesn't carry thaaaat much ordnance. You're going to need to be accurate, especially as an SC500 striking the ground next to a tank will not damage it. ;)

Or maybe you meant a hundred F8s... hmm... yeah, that must be it! Like a whole Geschwader of them area bombing. :D

"deleting" a plane from a flight sim doesnt exactly sound like a good idea to me especially when we are short on plane types in ww2 here anyway...i cant imagine you are serious.

also, i wouldnt be too sure about the A8 selling worse than the D9. i myself never liked the long nosed look of the D9, and definitely had always prefered a radial Fw version.

I prefer the radial FW too, and will buy the A8 on day 1. The Dora is cool and I do love flying her (when it isn't broken) and I am sure most people who own it will buy the A8 as well

Edited by Brigg

I literally said that they wouldn't. It was very obviously a hypothetical.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

but as we look at Ta 152 H-1?
а как тогда насчет спита14 ну или темпеста!?хех упоминание о та-152 вызывает ажиотаж,прежде чем его упоминать нужно хорошенько подумать))))
Edited by bmppanda

i think we need something like a bf 110 more than a very rare höhen jäger...

still i wouldn´t mind flying it, it surely is awesome but it would also call for some late war allied planes which none exist atm.

so the ta-152 h is really being developed?

bf110 is kinda meh for me during battle of britan bf110s took heavy loses they were slow not agile so even hurricanes had no trouble shooting them so bf110 were retracted fromn service during that time

later bf110 become great night fighters shooting down bombers but this is another story

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

An accurate WW2 era night fighter would be perfect as a DCS module. I can't think off any successful attempt to simulate WW2 nocturnal combat, radars and other sensors before. So many aspects that would be genuinely new for WW2 flight sims.

i agree implementing some high tech stuff from ww2 would be great and it would fill some void in todays sims