Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

All the possible solutions I know of have been tried out. I know others who receive the same service of the same server's provider who have never had any issues with. I know I've done it exactly like they did or I did with the last server provider. Now why on earth is it still ****ing me up like that, I certainly have no idea!

I'll talk to someone who shares the same server provider tonight and see if he can help.

Tons of apologies for this mishap.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server's back up! SRS is running and also LotAtc.

I reinstalled Windows, configured the firewall settings and all the rules, one by one, manually. Simply started from scratch and at least for me, it seems to be working.

Hope to see you airborne.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Try now, please.

now l can conect. l can see the server listed in the server list to, way down the bottom. and the server has been removed from my favourits aswell. only 3 guys in the server. sad to see this server unpopulated now. l recomend you do something to gain popularity because DDCS has a very good cold war server now called Bush war 1971 and BUDDYSPİKE is makeing a cold war server aswell. good to see people are hoasting this era.

Edited by 1Shot1KiLL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah seems like its working as it's supposed to. Good Job Alpenwolf!! Thanks for your efforts!

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Working great here now Alpenwolf, instantly visible. Thanks!

hey maybe you should create a discord server for this? im sure others would love to join it ( since rarely anyone is on srs.. being on discord comms would be much easier for others to access )

Hard pass. I had to really crawl into Discord while the Cold War server was down as I was flying on a server that leans heavily on it, and it is a dumpster fire of flaming, off topic conversations, negativity, and moderators having to repeat the same announcements over and over because people are too lazy to read. (And that isn't a knock at all on the sever, their excellent team of creators, or most of the pilots, just on the kind of conduct that an environment like Discord seems to bring out from people).

SRS invites its users to an increase of systems knowledge in their chosen aircraft (what frequency bands can I access, what aircraft systems need to be operational for the radio(s) to work, where are the radios located physically in the cockpit and how do I key up?) and communication discipline. DCS strives for realism and SRS is currently an amazing community development that fosters and encourages it.

I'm a little short on sympathy for people who are too lazy to embrace such a wonderful tool as SRS (and I'm not directing that at all to anyone contributing to the discussion here), which has been provided to us for free and has a tiny system footprint. I don't want to step backwards in realism for comms, nor do a I think a further split in the comms base is wise.

As for the information distribution uses of Discord, Alpenwolf has always been very connected to the community through this thread (and the thread that came before it). It is my opinion the more measured pace of a forum and the ability to more easily compose full paragraphs, link to various sources, ect elevates the discussion, where Discord seems to devolve into SMS style spats.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Hard pass. I had to really crawl into Discord while the Cold War server was down as I was flying on a server that leans heavily on it, and it is a dumpster fire of flaming, off topic conversations, negativity, and moderators having to repeat the same announcements over and over because people are too lazy to read. (And that isn't a knock at all on the sever, their excellent team of creators, or most of the pilots, just on the kind of conduct that an environment like Discord seems to bring out from people).

SRS invites its users to an increase of systems knowledge in their chosen aircraft (what frequency bands can I access, what aircraft systems need to be operational for the radio(s) to work, where are the radios located physically in the cockpit and how do I key up?) and communication discipline. DCS strives for realism and SRS is currently an amazing community development that fosters and encourages it.

I'm a little short on sympathy for people who are too lazy to embrace such a wonderful tool as SRS (and I'm not directing that at all to anyone contributing to the discussion here), which has been provided to us for free and has a tiny system footprint. I don't want to step backwards in realism for comms, nor do a I think a further split in the comms base is wise.

As for the information distribution uses of Discord, Alpenwolf has always been very connected to the community through this thread (and the thread that came before it). It is my opinion the more measured pace of a forum and the ability to more easily compose full paragraphs, link to various sources, ect elevates the discussion, where Discord seems to devolve into SMS style spats.

thing is, from my recent experience with the server.. nobody is on srs ever lol.. feels like a tdm match whenever i fly in the server.. i do look and appreciate teamwork and constant communications amongs people in my team.. hence why i think if they wont come to srs.. maybe worth a shot trying for discord

now l can conect. l can see the server listed in the server list to, way down the bottom. and the server has been removed from my favourits aswell. only 3 guys in the server. sad to see this server unpopulated now. l recomend you do something to gain popularity because DDCS has a very good cold war server now called Bush war 1971 and BUDDYSPİKE is makeing a cold war server aswell. good to see people are hoasting this era.

Last night there were 32 players online at one time.

Good to see more servers of the Cold War era. I'm not here to compete with other admins. Other servers can gain all the popularity they want. In fact, I'd be among the first to fly on BlueFlag Cold War scenario. I've been flying on the BlueFlag server ever since it came out, except for the last year due to lack of time while focusing myself on my server.

BlueFlag and DDCS, each provides us with a dynamic mission, while I offer (as of now) 13 different sceanrios. If a mission is up on my server that you maybe don't like, then it's good news to have two other servers offering something different. I myself surely don't like all the missions I've designed, to be honest :doh:

+1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server Status Update:

By the end of January.2019 the previous server provider declared his removal of service providing for reasons I totally understand, depsite the fact I wasn't expecting that.

02.02.2019 I rent a new server and asked for your financial help to support the new and more expensive server.

As of now 17 people have donated 339.73 EUR / 383,78 USD, plus 100 EUR / 112,96 USD from my bank account. That gives us a total of 439.73 EUR / 496,74 USD. That should keep the server up for a little over 8 months (Oktober/November.2019).

By the end of each month, I'll provide a screenshot from the PayPal account I've recently opened for DCS public services only, so you guys know and see where our money's at.

God bless, and happy hunting!

NOTE:

There was a weird behaviour in the firewall settings on the server provider's side. Coincidentally, I reinstalled windows, DCS, all the necessary mods, set up all the firewall rules one by one manually, etc. to see if the server eventually starts working and it did. So I thought, I did something there. But then I received an email from the server provider (after I had a phone call with them) telling me it was their fault. Therefore, they will extend the server's contract for two more weeks to kind of make it up for the mishap.

Thanks for your patience.

Hope no one had any withdrawal symptoms over the last two weeks :joystick:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Can you move the blue and red ground forces on five points further apart? Friendly fire is far too common right now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

You mean the ground forces east of Krymsk?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Yes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

They're separated by 5 km. Suppose I seperate them by 10 km, do you think we'd have less teamkills?

In the mission When The Mounatins Cry for example, where the lakes are far enough from each other, I quite often check out the kill messages (through the admin account) to find out that one or two strikers somehow managed to teamkill AI ground units. I mean, you've got the waypoints, the briefing, the images and all that, but still they succeed not to succeed.

New pilots will always be out there.

Imagine we had an option that says: "Allow only players with at least x flying hours to join the server". I'd be the first to welcome that.

No doubt everyone is welcome to fly here, but I'd rather have them hoan their skills in singleplayer missions first, instead of teamkilling players or AI and hopefully learning from the mistakes. The latter is ruining it for the average or the very good pilots which is a bummer. So with such an option, the quality rises on the cost of quantity. And I'm not aiming at having the server full of players resulting in flying into furballs all the time, so the quantity doesn't bother me at all.

... but such an option doesn't exist.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I like the idea of them being close together (yes I have killed friendlies there). But it makes you feel that you are actually supporting a ground combat and need to be precise with your targeting.

- Bratt out

TeamSpeak 3 is that of 104th's. Scroll all the way down to see it:

TeamSpeak IP: ts50.gameservers.com:9132

TeamSpeak Password: phoenix

Use this tool to meet and coordinate your attacks, before you get on SRS for in-flight comms.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

so i guess no discord then? ;(

No. Never was there any need for that. TeamSpeak is good enough for "speaking". Noting else is needed.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I would love to see more people on SRS - and a bad thing on SRS is: you never know who is on voice

don't get me wrong, i really love this little program, but some new features would be great (or am i missing them?? )

However: what would you think about enforcing SRS for the server-usage?

(i know i was quite silent myself yesterday, but it was quite late and didn't want to wake anybody ;) )

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png