Do you use Radios+SRS+VAICOM+Teamspeak/Discord together? How??

Snacko

Like the title says. How do you use Radios+SRS+VAICOM+Teamspeak/Discord together in Real Comms mode? :cry:

I have been flying for a while, but never got very deep into using the radios because I had enough to learn, and found it a bit confusing. I kept it on Easy Comms for many years. Now I am looking to improve my Comms experience and maybe fly more online. So, needless to say I am a noob at the Comms and may have some(or much) of this wrong..

I've been wondering how users have their Comms mapped to their HOTAS for a while now. Which bindings are most important? The way I see it you need a ton of buttons just for comms.

Let's take a worst case for example. The A10c:

• 3 Radio PTT buttons
  • 3+ SRS PTT buttons?? Channel Up, Down, PTT?
  • 3+ VAICOM PTT buttons?? TX1, TX2, TX3?
  • 1 Teamspeak/Discord PTT button?

----

10 buttons? :doh: That can't be right! What a I missing? Can someone explain how these all work together? And what would be the bare minimum button assignments?

Thanks, and Cheers!

Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

My setup is: (by memory, I might have missed something)

VAICOM:

TX1 PTT - Mic switch forward

TX2 PTT - Mic switch down

TX3 PTT - Mic switch aft

SRS:

Select radio 1 - Mic switch forward

Select radio 2 - Mic switch aft

Select radio 3 - Mic switch down

PTT - Mic switch push

DISCORD:

Set on voice activated.

Mic switch forward - Push to mute

Mic switch down - Push to mute

Mic switch aft - Push to mute

Mic switch push - Push to mute

I dont need the ingame PTT as this is handled by VAICOM (sometimes by using the "option" and "take 1/2/3" voice commands)

I have to remember that when I talk to VAICOM I also switch active SRS radio.

When I talk in SRS I have to remember to select correct radio first - then PTT.

Edited by Agent_wolf
misspelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

I use one to all option in Vaicom and one PTT in SRS, which is the same button as discord PTT. I don't need discord and SRS at the same time.

Radio switching is handled in plane. I never had a need to use more than two radios, if I do an obscure keypress for radios 3, 4 etc. does the job.. So a 4 way hat handles it all. Up is SRS/Discord, Down Vaicom, Fwd/Aft radio select. I don't care about "realism".

Edited by mdee

My setup is: (by memory, I might have missed something)

VAICOM:

TX1 PTT - Mic switch forward

TX2 PTT - Mic switch down

TX3 PTT - Mic switch aft

SRS:

Select radio 1 - Mic switch forward

Select radio 2 - Mic switch aft

Select radio 3 - Mic switch down

PTT - Mic switch push

DISCORD:

Set on voice activated.

Mic switch forward - Push to mute

Mic switch down - Push to mute

Mic switch aft - Push to mute

Mic switch push - Push to mute

I dont need the ingame PTT as this is handled by VAICOM (sometimes by using the "option" and "take 1/2/3" voice commands)

I have to remember that when I talk to VAICOM I also switch active SRS radio.

When I talk in SRS I have to remember to select correct radio first - then PTT.

Thanks for the Reply Wolf! It's very helpful to see how you set this up. So you can have VoiceAttack/VIACOM and SRS running at the same time?

And when you press (for example) Mic switch forward, all these things happen at the same time?

• VIACOM presses it's TX1 PTT
  • SRS Selects Radio 1
  • Discord mutes while pushed?

I use one to all option in Vaicom and one PTT in SRS, which is the same button as discord PTT. I don't need discord and SRS at the same time.

Radio switching is handled in plane. I never had a need to use more than two radios, if I do an obscure keypress for radios 3, 4 etc. does the job.. So a 4 way hat handles it all. Up is SRS/Discord, Down Vaicom, Fwd/Aft radio select. I don't care about "realism".

Are you using Easy Comms?
Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 2 years later...
On 12/2/2018 at 9:19 PM, Agent_wolf said:

"And when you press (for example) Mic switch forward, all these things happen at the same time?

• VIACOM presses it's TX1 PTT
  • SRS Selects Radio 1
  • Discord mutes while pushed?"

Yes :thumbup:

But then when you press the Mic.Fwd in order to talk on SRS Radio 1, the DCS comms menu also opens up, right? How to get this done without the DCS menu opening up? 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png