LTWS and D/L page mini update

Sharkku

Do I understand Wags correctly, that there is a true TWS mode (not LTWS) in the Hornet which will come at a later point?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This screens scared me. I will need to study hard

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

(True) TWS comes after LTWS. Really looking forward to TWS :)

he said they will come both on February 27th!

After our meetings today, I can update you on our current near-term planning for the upcoming Hornet features. For the 27 February update we plan (not promise):

JDAM basic operation minus dynamic launch zone

HARM TOO and PB modes

Latent Track While Scan (LTWS) and Track While Scan (TWS) air-to-air radar modes

he said they will come both on February 27th!

After our meetings today, I can update you on our current near-term planning for the upcoming Hornet features. For the 27 February update we plan (not promise):

JDAM basic operation minus dynamic launch zone

HARM TOO and PB modes

Latent Track While Scan (LTWS) and Track While Scan (TWS) air-to-air radar modes

You're absolutely right, but that's the better deal

That will be added once the feature is in. Wags talks about the keybind briefly in his control setup video.

I mapped the sensor switch to the TMS on my WH Stick :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sensor Select Switch depress was added in later Hornets for both IFF manual interrogation and some other functions. The Thurstmaster Hornet stick will include this.

- Wags

I wish they would also add it to my WH Stick :joystick:

Tornado3 small.jpg

The CMS button on the left side of the stick does depress.

Which is the weapon select switch on the Hornet...

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think I‘ll just map TMS down for it.

But how do you select the MPCD then?

Edit: Wait, there is no sensor switch down on the Hornet? So you can't select the MPCD (if you have the radar or Mav or SA page down there)?

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Which is the weapon select switch on the Hornet...

You dont need the depress button, the 4 directions are enough for the weapons selection. Gun, aim9, aim120 and aim7.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

You dont need the depress button, the 4 directions are enough for the weapons selection. Gun, aim9, aim120 and aim7.

Good point. It's a bit mixed up then, but I guess that would work. :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have everything setup like in Wags video. CMS right = AMRAAM, CMS depress = sidewinder, CMS left = Sparrow, CMS aft = Gun, TMS = not used so far, (which is why I could use it for the depress) Castle switch = Sensor control switch

Alternatively, like Majinbot said, you could rebind the weapon select options to the CMS four way and make the depress the interrogate button.

Shouldn't it be FWD for sparrow, with no function for LEFT? That's what the Early Access manual says.

In any case yes, there is one direction left on the CMS, and of course the whole TMS is there (I still have nothing mapped to it at the moment).

This screens scared me. I will need to study hard

Literally everything in the world is easy as pie compared to understanding how the CDU works...

I mapped the sensor switch to the TMS on my WH Stick sad.gif

I mapped it to the only hat switch on my FFB 2, just like any other multi way switch... (trim, sensor select, TDC and A/A) rainbowdashwink.png

I just wish thrustmaster would release the hornet grip already.

Later in early access.

SCNR rdlaugh.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg