F-14 Pre-purchase status

mattag08

I was curious how long the F-14 is going to remain at its pre-purchase sale price. I'm definitely buying it, but due to finances would like to wait till it gets closer to coming out of pre-purchase before I buy. Basically, I'd like to snag it on sale, but only a week or so before the sale ends if at all possible. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbup:

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

The latest it ends is March 20th. If they are going to release before that, they will announce the date beforehand.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The latest it ends is March 20th. If they are going to release before that, they will announce the date beforehand.

Even if it will be on March 20th, they will announce that beforehand ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

IIRC, HB said that they will stop the pre-purchase discount 1 week before release.

Where did you read that?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that the discount will end before release, or did I miss something?

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Sorry, no proof from my side, can't remember where I read that. However, it would not mean that it would be still like that.

I'm also sure that you will know when they release it...

IMHO:

I'm not the pre-purchase guy, but I realized that I will have no other decision then buying the cat. What I have seen so far is enough that I know it will be no disaster.

When it goes online, there will be (in my opinnion) at least one year no (or only little) discount on it and now you still can get 10%. So i just bought it and will be happy when I start up steam and it will download it cause it got released :).

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Pre-purchase discounts always end before release, otherwise they wouldn't be pre-purchase discounts.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Pre-purchase discounts always end before release, otherwise they wouldn't be pre-purchase discounts.

Well, they typically end at release, not before. ;)

Semantics, I guess... what I meant was that I didn't know where that '1 week before' figure came from.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Heat blur said that it will give one weeks notice before releasing. I would just buy it on your next paycheck to make sure you get it.

Yes but nowhere was it said that they would remove the discount a week (or however many days it is) before the announced release date.

• 3 weeks later...
I was curious how long the F-14 is going to remain at its pre-purchase sale price. I'm definitely buying it, but due to finances would like to wait till it gets closer to coming out of pre-purchase before I buy. Basically, I'd like to snag it on sale, but only a week or so before the sale ends if at all possible. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbup:

Coming March 13th, is the apex of combat simulation software: The Heatblur F-14 Tomcat. Pre-order now for 10% off and jump in the cockpit solo or with a friend come early access launch day on the 13th!

:)

Intel i7-9900K @ Corsair 2x3.3GHz 32 GB DDR4 + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 TI (11 GB VRAM) + Windows 10 64Bit + Thrustmaster Worthog, Thrustmaster Pendular, VPC WarBRD, Buddy-Fox, Buttkicker, Cougar MFDs, TrackIr 5, Flightpanels, ASUS 32" 4K monitor.