Ok, admit it....

Capn kamikaze

Maybe I should not be telling you this but to dispel any concerns you might have about the f14's performance Im getting pretty good frame rates of around 58-60 on all maps with the following system in single player

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz (11-11-11-28)

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX2 (LGA1155)

SAMSUNG (1920x1080@60Hz)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (Gigabyte)

465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA (SSD))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe I should not be telling you this but to dispel any concerns you might have about the f14's performance Im getting pretty good frame rates of around 58-60 on all maps with the following system in single player

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz (11-11-11-28)

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX2 (LGA1155)

SAMSUNG (1920x1080@60Hz)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (Gigabyte)

465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA (SSD))

That’s encouraging

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Who else has dropped cash on a new PC/upgrade because of the upcoming F-14?

Who would have done such a silly thing ? :cry:

... Seriously asking ! :(

Well, by the way... :pilotfly:

When your wife tells you "Darling, we have to upgrade your PC", you STFU and you upgrade your PC. Don't you ? :D

I did and a T-Shirt to,.. :)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I may have completely ignored my PC hardware for the last 6 years or so until I heard about the DCS F-14 :music_whistling:

So really, AMD, G.SKill, Thrustmaster, Naturalpoint and MFG can all thank Heatblur for getting me to drop a ton of coin on system upgrade, HOTAS, pedals etc. :D

I'm actually really stoked to be getting back into flight sims and I've been enjoying the heck out of the A-10C and F-5 while I wait for the Tomcat.

Felt like the F-14 was epic enough to deserve it. Now I just need to get each 2080ti they send me to stop failing.

If you're having trouble with the 2080Ti, then one possible work around is to slightly declock the RAM, some brands of RAM that have been used on the Ti are not quite up to snuff.

I was watching a vid on youtube the other week about the problems with the Ti and it all seems centred on the specific manufacturer of the RAM used.

Edited by Cap'n kamikaze

well i had to fix my water cooling loop as the cpu block was blocked and the pump failed and the anti cyclone sponge disintegrating in my hand, so that cost me £400, then i dropped £1000 on a 2080 and rift, another £120 on an extra 16gb ram to bring me up to 32gb

I've been saving for a while as i needed an upgrade anyway but my hand was kinda forced when my system completely died on Tuesday .So I thought i would have a bit more time but "computer says no"So i have ordered all the parts and I'm Pretty excited to get the parts and start building.Sucks not flying at the moment.

CPU: i7 9700k

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

Ram:Team force dark 32gig 3000mhz

Storage:Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 500GB

GPU: RTX 2070

PSU: Corsair tx650m

CPU cooling:Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 240mm

Plus other stuff i already own like track ir and monitor and controllers etc.

If DCS Runs badly on this rig, Im going to shave my head and become a monk.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

I've been saving for a while as i needed an upgrade anyway but my hand was kinda forced when my system completely died on Tuesday .So I thought i would have a bit more time but "computer says no"So i have ordered all the parts and I'm Pretty excited to get the parts and start building.Sucks not flying at the moment.

CPU: i7 9700k

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

Ram:Team force dark 32gig 3000mhz

Storage:Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 500GB

GPU: RTX 2070

PSU: Corsair tx650m

CPU cooling:Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 240mm

Plus other stuff i already own like track ir and monitor and controllers etc.

If DCS Runs badly on this rig, Im going to shave my head and become a monk.

I wish you good luck sir!

They're still failing? Did you check the GPU (VRM) temperatures when they're running?

I did not. I will do this when the new card comes in. Though I will say there was an "oddity" on the first day of use where about once per day the system would "freeze" for several seconds. Wasn't sure it was the card but I now believe that it was. Broken upon arrival.

The first card couldn't be tested because it was DOA. Didn't even show a picture when tested in 2 systems that worked with an older 980ti.

If you're having trouble with the 2080Ti, then one possible work around is to slightly declock the RAM, some brands of RAM that have been used on the Ti are not quite up to snuff.

I was watching a vid on youtube the other week about the problems with the Ti and it all seems centred on the specific manufacturer of the RAM used.

I'll take a look at that when the new card comes. I tend to avoid overclocking as a general rule, so if the card is by default a bit OCed, I'd be fine with turning it down a touch. I'd rather save the wear and tear on it and lose a few frames than continue to go through this mess.

l was hyped at one stage but not any more. too much of the verry soon BS. now l dont really care if it ever comes out to be honest. haveing better time in cold war servers with the f5 and the mig21 these days.

l pree ordered it thinking it was very close because of all the hype going on, so sick of waiting for the so called early Access now. lm more looking forward to the JF 17 MİG 19. and the F4 PHANTON long way down the road.

not bothered about the TOMCAT any longer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ummmmm

nope gunna wait until all the burnt out and on fire nvidia cards are sold at which I will buy there next gen stuff at the end of the year. Just gunna stick with the 1080ti nvidia generally release a TI after 12mths so think the current 2080ti is a ploy.

WILLUR

I7 6800K, 32Gig RAM, SSD, HDD, GTX1080Ti

nope gunna wait until all the burnt out and on fire nvidia cards are sold at which I will buy there next gen stuff at the end of the year. Just gunna stick with the 1080ti nvidia generally release a TI after 12mths so think the current 2080ti is a ploy.

Consider yourself lucky to have one of those.

In this banana republic piss country, one of those costs 909 € ~ 1027 USD.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Consider yourself lucky to have one of those.

In this banana republic piss country, one of those costs 909 € ~ 1027 USD.

I just checked three good online stores in the Banana Republic that has most of their Eurofighters grounded and didn't even find 1080s anymore rdlaugh.png

Well, last year I had to replace my 970 as with 2.5, DCS became totally "unplayable" with that one. Had like 90fps, but it literally was stuttering every 10 seconds with stutter lengths of up to 3 seconds. When I replaced that one with a 1080 (no Ti), my fps dropped down to 55ish, but the stutters are almost completely gone and it feels a lot more fluent overall. The only way I could run it on the old card was by totally reducing the texture settings to the lowest and with that, DCS 2.5 totally looked like Flanker 2.5 with trees... well, going from 3.5GB to 8GB VRAM is quite a step dealwithit.png

But I'm planning to replace my 3570. Bad thing is that this will result in basically a completely new rig sans the graphics card and my trusty old disc drives... need to step up to DDR4 (32GB, don't want to have less than now), a new PSU, ofc a new board, an m.2 SSD and while I'm at it, I'd like to have a new case so I don't have to completely dismantle my current rig (CM Stacker T01, it's a lot of work). Have to save up for ages to get there twi-norly.png

When done eventually, I'll just throw my 1080 in there and my old 970 back into my current rig to have a backup twilightsmile.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Viper will break my bank account, I can already tell. Especially if TM drops new force-sensing HOTAS Cougar and new gen VR headsets will def be available as well.

I love this plane to death since BMS, I need to have it in DCS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Since those lucky youtubers who have the Tomcat all say that you'll need a lot of rudder work for that bird, I ordered those nice MFG Crosswinds. My TFRP pedals won't take much more, I fear.

But I also upgraded to 16 GB f RAM and a SSD drive...

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Yep, I went all out so I could run a Pimax 5k+ for the Tomcat. Gotta have that wide FOV. I wonder which one i'll get my hands on first?

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

• 2 weeks later...

Since my old 4790k build is getting a little long in the tooth since the Vive Pros and gear showed up I decided to upgrade it a little bit. So I bought a(n):

MSI MEG Z390 Godlike

Intel 9900K to give it personality

Gskill TridentZ RGB 32 GB 3200

2x MSI RTX 2080TI Seahawk EK

and about $1700 in RGB crap and hard tubing junk

stuffed in a Thermaltake Tower 900 White

If you never hear from me again or see a build picture my wife Kathleen did it : )