F-14 Flight Manual

ironcross

I need access to the controls of the F-14 i emailed heatblur about this.

But the response was they where still changing the controls.

So just gonna have to wait and have some patience :)

Wanna have them so i can work on my voice programming Add-on for the F-14.

Gonna be really awesome wanna add support for Jester Altimiter and lot more.

Have you tried to print the website as PDF?

No idea though how the layout would look like.

I tried: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hMoqNYQiK_jj5ySZBQ

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

"With the renewed interest for this role, some of the F-14As and F-14Bs were equipped to carry the LANTIRN targetting pod allowing the RIO to find and designate laser guided bombs for his own aircraft and others. Later on the ability to carry and deliver gps-guided JDAMs was also added."

Does this mean there is the possibility of carrying JDAMs in the future or is this referring to the F-14D?

"With the renewed interest for this role, some of the F-14As and F-14Bs were equipped to carry the LANTIRN targetting pod allowing the RIO to find and designate laser guided bombs for his own aircraft and others. Later on the ability to carry and deliver gps-guided JDAMs was also added."

Does this mean there is the possibility of carrying JDAMs in the future or is this referring to the F-14D?

It refers to the F-14D and to those earlier F-14s upgraded with the PTID and PMDIG. Currently not modelled by us.

Edit: The aircraft also needed specific software for the JDAMs but required the PTID and PMDIG afaik.

Edited by Naquaii

It refers to the F-14D and to those earlier F-14s upgraded with the PTID and PMDIG. Currently not modelled by us.

Edit: The aircraft also needed specific software for the JDAMs but required the PTID and PMDIG afaik.

The PTID wasn't a necessary component, but a few other pieces were (GPS Transponder, etc).

The PTID wasn't a necessary component, but a few other pieces were (GPS Transponder, etc).

For the F-14D the PTID was not required but I do think it was for the other Tomcat versions as these didn't otherwise have the necessary databuses to talk to the JDAMs.

For the F-14D the PTID was not required but I do think it was for the other Tomcat versions as these didn't otherwise have the necessary databuses to talk to the JDAMs.

F-14A didn't, but the F-14B got the digital bus during the F-14B Upgrade program IIRC. Perhaps it lacked a digital stores manager so you had to program some stuff via PTID or something.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!